Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Would love to see Elias go unsigned. It would get my hopes up but then I don't see Mr. Burns shelling out that much money. Instead they'd sign 3 Thirty-something Lead Foots for the same amount of $$.
He would be the perfect fit for Pasta.
They just signed Pastrnak to a top 5 contract in the history of the league in terms of AAV, but you know ..Jacobs doesn't spend money.

It's a lazy narrative that has been dead since the lockout.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
These are the guys they have linked to the Bruins, take it for what its worth but outside of Hanifan those other defenseman are what the Bruins are sorely missing, players who play with an edge and some bite and it wouldn't shock me to see one of them a Bruin come March 8

2. Noah Hanifin, LD - Calgary Flames​

3. Adam Henrique, C/LW - Anaheim Ducks​

7. Matt Dumba, RD - Arizona Coyotes​

15. Ilya Lyubushkin, RD - Anaheim Ducks​

19. Alexander Wennberg, C - Seattle Kraken​

21. David Savard, RD - Montreal Canadiens​

23. Joel Edmundson, LD/RD - Washington Capitals​

Most of that you see on someone’s lawn with a sign saying FREE

I hope we don’t waste assets on that dumpster dive other then the obvious one..

Maybe I’m picky but needle isn’t moving and the couple that are Umm ok I guess carry bigger cap hits and it’s just not worth even more assets to reduce that hit.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Most of that you see on someone’s lawn with a sign saying FREE

I hope we don’t waste assets on that dumpster dive other then the obvious one..

Maybe I’m picky but needle isn’t moving and the couple that are Umm ok I guess carry bigger cap hits and it’s just not worth even more assets to reduce that hit.
Yep. All depends on price and term.

Reactions: BergyWho37

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Krug produced offensively... much, much, more.

Grzelcyk doesn't do much well other than "skate"

Krug was a black hole defensively though. Not advocating for gryz, he can be gone too, but I’ll be more than happy that both are no where near this organization

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You guys are brutal. I’m not his biggest fan ever but he was/is still a Bruin and I feel for what he’s prob going through mentally and emotionally

He's always taken way more shit than he ever deserved here and there's been a ton of over the top, ridiculous takes like he's only a Bruin because his Dad worked at the Garden and tied Sweeney's skates LOL. It's too bad so many people here can't dislike a player for whatever reason and be objective about it. I have always been a Grizz fan, but I can admit he's been pretty terrible this season for the most part, and I totally get why some people would rather a different type of player be in his roster spot. But, some of the things posted are pretty savage. Not unlike with JDB and some others- I guess there always needs to be a whipping boy.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Arguably the Bruins dodged a massive bad contract with Krug, history shows that one

For sure they did. I liked Krug, but was happy they let him walk based on what he ended up getting from St. Louis. I mean, it's okay to like a player and also not want the team to extend or re-up them. As things stand, I am not in favor of them re-signing Grizz at a price and term he is probably likely to want (and get from someone).

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Would love to see Elias go unsigned. It would get my hopes up but then I don't see Mr. Burns shelling out that much money. Instead they'd sign 3 Thirty-something Lead Foots for the same amount of $$.
He would be the perfect fit for Pasta.
It's a salary capped league, signing players to big contracts doesn't change the bottom line for Jacobs considering the upper limit is still the same regardless. This is a stupid complaint.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's a salary capped league, signing players to big contracts doesn't change the bottom line for Jacobs considering the upper limit is still the same regardless. This is a stupid complaint.

I don't know why that keeps getting trotted out when it comes to player contracts. JJ got his cap and a fixed cost, and he lets Don and Cam decide how to spend it.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Tis the season of course- But I've seen articles based around both JDB and Gryz over the last day and the lack of comms on the Bruins end with discussing an extension (Ty Anderson on JDB, Fluto on Gryz). Ty, whom even admits in his article that literally a month ago he was an advocate for keeping JDB, is now not so sure.

If they aren't in the plans or it is very cloud as to whether or not they will be- IMO you sell them. Don't do the self-rental.

Also IMO - I don't want to see JDB go but even moreso I don't want to see him leave for nothing when this team could really recoup assets. And again, I remain squeamish over what people think he will command $/term.

Last edited:

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
There's definitely the human element in this time of year that fans don't ever really consider because we're just simply not privy to it, so I get your point.
I know people that busy their asses their whole life working hard jobs in pines, oil fields, farming, military etc for an ok wage. Away from family and friends most of the year taking a toll on their minds and bodies.
Yes it would be tough to have to leave a city with your family as a hockey player but C'mon they are millionaires. They have trainers, psychologists, nutritionists, drive amazing cars and can afford a house we never will. I don't feel to heart broken for any of them to be honest. Maybe I'm insensitive but I also busy my ass for menial pay so I can pay for NHL centre ice, over pay for games, over pay for parking, over pay for jerseys just so they can be millionaires. No tears shed her man. I'd swap lives any day of the week and trade cities and teams yearly and be grateful for it.

Babajingo

They just signed Pastrnak to a top 5 contract in the history of the league in terms of AAV, but you know ..Jacobs doesn't spend money.

It's a lazy narrative that has been dead since the lockout.
My point was that they'd rather sign 3 mediocre than one all star. And Pasta is very different than Elias. Pasta was already playing in Boston for 7/8 years and would've been a PR nightmare if they didn't sign him. Fair weather Bruins fans don't even know Elias and have probably seen him 1 or maybe 2 times a year. In fact Van is going through what the Bruins went through with Pasta and is the reason why he'll re-sign him. It was a pipe dream anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad