Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Curios on What Tampa would have to offer ? Conroy looking at the 2026 first unprotected ? Hell BriseBois gave up 1,2,3 and a 4 Jeannot. Hell maybe he's giving up a whole Draft for Hanifan.
Isaac Howard and the 2026 1st is the start but they’d need to add more to out bid I’d think

Reactions: TCB

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
We agree

Sounds like Tampa

Sitting around often with my buddies we pretty much all agree other than here Florida/Tampa would be our first choice then get away from heat after season and come home to Massachusetts

Weather
Golf courses (he can get rounds in during week)
Lack of taxes
East Coast/direct flights to Boston
90% games in ET
All 3 you mentioned have good core and buddies on roster so easily slide in

My 3 preferences

Boston
Dallas
Tampa/Florida
Anywhere in Fla for me----
Too humid
Too hot
Too many old people
Still think it's 1950
No Autumn
No winters - I like snow
No way in hell would I pick that state

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Anywhere in Fla for me----
Too humid
Too hot
Too many old people
Still think it's 1950
No way in hell would I pick that state
I’m assuming it’s 6 months I’m rich as shit and have a monster house with pool, jacuzzi, central AC, and in a gated community

If your a multimillionaire healthy athlete Florida works for 6 months

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Isaac Howard and the 2026 1st is the start but they’d need to add more to out bid I’d think
ill believe when I see it.

Who plays their off-side next season Hedman, Sergachev, or Hanifan or is one of them playing 3rd pair ? I mean I'm sure any of them could do it but if he's being moved Im thinking its Boston or Carolina.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
ill believe when I see it.

Who plays their off-side next season Hedman, Sergachev, or Hanifan or is one of them playing 3rd pair ? I mean I'm sure any of them could do it but if he's being moved Im thinking its Boston or Carolina.
Sergachev is done for the season,maybe they want Hanifin as a rental, or maybe there is some fear that he won't be as strong coming back due to the severity of that injury.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sergachev is done for the season,maybe they want Hanifin as a rental, or maybe there is some fear that he won't be as strong coming back due to the severity of that injury.
The poster said he's going extended but either way. Tampa is running out of resources to give up, I'd think Conroy would receive better offers, but its BriseBois so I guess you never what he's willing to give up. lol

Last edited:

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Wait till July 1 for Hannifin. Keep our own binkies.
I really doubt he goes to FA, hell resign where hes traded most likely. cant base the plan of a random rumor from Quebec. Besides as Dom pointed out, the Bruins know for a fact if hell sign with another team because they'll have talked with his agent about it. if they are still this deep into trying to trade for him its because they know he wont just wait for Boston to come knocking on July 1.

Its more a question on whether the player is worth the cost (contract and assets). I dont think they will go throwing 9+ million at E.Lindohlm in the offseason. They will probably ride out Coyle at 1C again maybe do poitras at 2c and Merk at 3c IDK, shift zacha to wing, well see.

If they intend to spend their cash at having a defense of the following they will do it. There is no guarantee that calgary wont take maybe lysell for hanifin. Boston likely won't do Lohrei though, they will make room for him in the top four by trading lindholm down the road. first.

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - ???

I would guess a trade would be Lysell, Gryzleck and picks, with DeBrusk going else where for futures or another winger. need to make the money work not just to fit in hanifin but also other players on the roster. They still dont have the money to ice their best team and they know it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Wait till July 1 for Hannifin. Keep our own binkies.
Agree, unless he comes cheap by telling the league he's only going to sign an extension in Boston. It sure seems like defensemen struggle when joining a team at the deadline. Boston seems to run a weird hybrid defensive scheme too. Give Hannifin would likely need a full offseason and training camp to fit the system fully. He could spark some offense this year but the defensive end could suffer (like Orlov last year).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Hakanpaa

It’s literally beautiful it’s a Mona Lisa. The size! The mean!

You can even go

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Zadorov-Hakanpaa

Wotherspoon (the leagues best 7th defenseman) cycling in

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I dont think they will go throwing 9+ million at E.Lindohlm in the offseason.

Bruins may have dodge a bullet not being able to talk extension with Lindholm before he was dealt to Vancouver.

He's not a legitimate No.1 center nor is he worth 9 million a year. 4 pts. over his last 10 games. He's costing himself money ever single time he throws on a Canucks jersey.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
We get Hanifan then say goodbye to Lohrei. Lohrei is not a bottom pair D and he likely wouldn't be a fan of that role . So if you're getting Hanifan, you're spending more money for that 2nd pair LD role when you could be spending it on a true position of need, Centers

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
We get Hanifan then say goodbye to Lohrei. Lohrei is not a bottom pair D and he likely wouldn't be a fan of that role . So if you're getting Hanifan, you're spending more money for that 2nd pair LD role when you could be spending it on a true position of need, Centers

lol "fan of the role". He's played a handful of NHL games. I wouldn't worry about it.

He can also get PP1 time in that spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad