Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XI: Trade Deadline March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
You could trade Ullmark out to Calgary, and then that allows them to flip Markstrom out to New Jersey. Flames are looking to make the playoffs next year.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
EDIT: Bruins, Sabres talking trade? — The Fourth Period
Shawn Hutchenson was the root of this latest round of Okposo rumors and commits to nothing:
View attachment 826821
1. No facts here or any mention of backing this up. May is a very grey word.
2. This seems nothing like something Don would do. Just because both Buffalo players are on expiring contracts and the teams are scouting each other does not mean that one is looking at the others expiring contracts. Don has stated several times he is looking to make moves that help now AND later.
This move does NONE of that.

If I was throwing GUESSES around I would assume RFAs Mittelstadt and Krebs are what Don would target.
Alex Tuch is meant to be a bruin.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
PIck up @ 14:00 per basic NHL self-inflicted wounds, like "Too Many Men;" failure to clear the D zone, failure to clear the crease (!); inability to close out third periods; PK/PP outage, "loser points;" total team softness/tentativeness/fly-by-shy-away's, late starts, 40 minute efforts; absurd overreliance on goaltending which has, unsurprisingly, come down to earth; no fourth line and in fact, no line stability from game to game; exhausting your best players (Marchand, David, McAvoy) because, evidently, Montgomery doesn't trust the bench;, and perhaps most importantly, NO ANSWER relative to an aggressive forecheck or physical intimidation from opponents,
all of whom -- including the other softies -- understand quite well how to beat the Boston Bruins.

Push 'em around. NO RESPONSE.

I'm glad this is a transition year, from which I expected little.

I don't begrudge a transitional year. I don't begrudge falling to the earth after almost twenty years in the firmament.

But (go ahead, groan), I wish with all my heart that the Boston Bruins would, soon, "Fire Sweeney Into the Sun," and take along Neely and Sunny Jim. I wish the same for Mr. Burns.

As long as there are fannies in the seats, that's not going to happen.

It's a tortuous, tortured enterprise, being a Bruins fan.

Lord, have mercy.

And I'm an agnostic.

A prior meditation on season long failed D zone faceoffs,

Not Only, But Also,

:clap:

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ullmark for a 1st +

1st, Debrusk, Merkulov (they need centers) for Hanifin

Gryz for a pick and flipped for a bottom six forward with toughness

Focus on the 1C in the summer

So Ullmark,Merkulov, DeBrusk, for Hanifin, and maybe a b prospect, Pls of course whatever contracts Edmonton has to dump on us in the Ullmark deal to make the cap work

Sorry, no way am I interested in that

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If Tanev at 75% retained isn't getting a first then none of the other pending UFA defenseman should come anywhere close to that either besides Hanifin.
Not really they got a second a good D prospect and a conditional pick. Great deal

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
You might get a ton if you retain half on Ullmark and use another team to retain 1/2. Ullmark at 1.25 for 2 playoffs is a huge return. Ditto for Jake at 1 mil.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You might get a ton if you retain half on Ullmark and use another team to retain 1/2. Ullmark at 1.25 for 2 playoffs is a huge return. Ditto for Jake at 1 mil.

Can you imagine the reaction in this city, if with the best record in East one point out of the best record in hockey, the team completely blew it up for the season for futures.

They'd have to fire Sweeney maybe even Neely after that

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Ullmark for a 1st +

1st, Debrusk, Merkulov (they need centers) for Hanifin

Gryz for a pick and flipped for a bottom six forward with toughness

Focus on the 1C in the summer
If you could get a first for Ullmark ... would you do it?
But I think in that case, you would use the first you get for Ullmark towards immediately acquiring a #1 center, not Hanifin.

If your primary target is Hanifin, you keep Ullmark and try to win games through defense and goaltending; doubling down on what should be the team’s strength. Use other assets('25st + +) to get Hanifin and hope your current forwards / centermen can produce enough to win close defensive games.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Ullmark for Hanifin makes a ton of sense for both teams if Calgary has a deal they like for Markstrom.

Nobody better in the world to mentor their next franchise keeper (who's timeline works better with Ullmark's contract than Markstrom).

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So Ullmark,Merkulov, DeBrusk, for Hanifin, and maybe a b prospect, Pls of course whatever contracts Edmonton has to dump on us in the Ullmark deal to make the cap work

Sorry, no way am I interested in that
Hanifin according to one of my buds I’ll actually be hanging out with in TD Garden after game tonight when I was making plans Tuesday about this - about half way through shooting the shit says, before I forget, Hanifin he’s already got a deal to go to an Eastern team they are just working out compensation- he extended and it’s not Boston

I said where you get this

He told me and I said ‘oh’ well that ain’t good in many ways lol

Gotta think today’s a good day to announce it

Interesting if happens he played a game or two knowing he was gone and where

I love it for where I heard he’s going (my top area as well along with Dallas which he obviously isn’t going)

Bad News for us

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Hanifin according to one of my buds I’ll actually be hanging out with in TD Garden after game tonight when I was making plans Tuesday about this - about half way through shooting the shit says, before I forget, Hanifin he’s already got a deal to go to an Eastern team they are just working out compensation- he extended and it’s not Boston

I said where you get this

He told me and I said ‘oh’ well that ain’t good in many ways lol

Gotta think today’s a good day to announce it

Interesting if happens he played a game or two knowing he was gone and where

I love it for where I heard he’s going (my top area as well along with Dallas which he obviously isn’t going)

Bad News for us
Obviously not going to ask you where, but if I were to wager a guess it's either Rangers, Tampa or Florida.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Obviously not going to ask you where, but if I were to wager a guess it's either Rangers, Tampa or Florida.
We agree

Sounds like Tampa

Sitting around often with my buddies we pretty much all agree other than here Florida/Tampa would be our first choice then get away from heat after season and come home to Massachusetts

Weather
Golf courses (he can get rounds in during week)
Lack of taxes
East Coast/direct flights to Boston
90% games in ET
All 3 you mentioned have good core and buddies on roster so easily slide in

My 3 preferences

Boston
Dallas
Tampa/Florida

Reactions: Dizzay

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
We agree

Sounds like Tampa

Sitting around often with my buddies we pretty much all agree other than here Florida/Tampa would be our first choice then get away from heat after season and come home to Massachusetts

Weather
Golf courses (he can get rounds in during week)
Lack of taxes
East Coast/direct flights to Boston
90% games in ET
All 3 you mentioned have good core and buddies on roster so easily slide in

My 3 preferences

Boston
Dallas
Tampa/Florida
Curios on What Tampa would have to offer ? Conroy looking at the 2026 first unprotected ? Hell BriseBois gave up 1,2,3 and a 4 Jeannot. Hell maybe he's giving up a whole Draft for Hanifan.

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad