Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
PLD is nowhere near a top line center. And neither is Zegras. So Eichel and Lindholm then.

If the bruins had a center who had multiple 60+ point seasons in their early 20s, you’d be screaming that they were at bare minimum future #1 center if not current #1 centers.

But since they aren’t bruins of course you say they are “no where near top line centers”

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
If the bruins had a center who had multiple 60+ point seasons in their early 20s, you’d be screaming that they were at bare minimum future #1 center if not current #1 centers.

But since they aren’t bruins of course you say they are “no where near top line centers”
or you could see he’s been a complete dog for the 3 teams he’s played for. we were told it’s because he only wanted to go to montreal but he’s done it everywhere.

Reactions: Mione134

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Or…alternatively…I evaluate Pierre Luc-DuBois and determine he’s nowhere near a top line center. Because he’s not.

If you’re referring to Zegras, the same applies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
or you could see he’s been a complete dog for the 3 teams he’s played for. we were told it’s because he only wanted to go to montreal but he’s done it everywhere.

Believe me I don’t want him either, again im just pointing out top line center movement that’s been going on around the league because Marchy seems to think it hasn’t been happening recently.

Or…alternatively…I evaluate Pierre Luc-DuBois and determine he’s nowhere near a top line center. Because he’s not.

If you’re referring to Zegras, the same applies.

So same thing type of evaluation you had with barbashev when you said he stink I’m assuming?

Reactions: Ozzy Osbourne

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Believe me I don’t want him either, again im just pointing out top line center movement that’s been going on around the league because Marchy seems to think it hasn’t been happening recently.

So same thing type of evaluation you had with barbashev when you said he stink I’m assuming?
Again, calling PLD a top line center doesn’t help your case because he isn’t.

And whatever with Barbashev - it’s your Goto when you get backed in a corner. Keep trotting it out though.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Again, calling PLD a top line center doesn’t help your case because he isn’t.

And whatever with Barbashev - it’s your Goto when you get backed in a corner. Keep trotting it out though.

I’m not backed into a corner at all you said

Yeah that says it all right there. Zegras. Ducks have a “low end 1C” locked up for less than $6M for the next two years and he’s on the block. Happens all the time too

Implying guys like zegras don’t get moved with your sarcasm. I said I view him a top center. But the standard you set isn’t even a top line center.

But yea guys like zegras do get moved like PLD, and better young guys like eichel. And other top line centers like Elias Lindholm.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Zegras is hardly working out for them and they suck. If Anaheim gets a return they like it makes plenty of sense to move him.

If I am the Bruins I have to know what he was like at BU and if he's someone you can glue to Pasternak or not.

Zegras and Vatrano in with Ullmark, Gryz, Forbort, Poitras going the other way works for both sides than we probably send Lohrei out for Hanifin.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Zegras is hardly working out for them and they suck. If Anaheim gets a return they like it makes plenty of sense to move him.

If I am the Bruins I have to know what he was like at BU and if he's someone you can glue to Pasternak or not.

Zegras and Vatrano in with Ullmark, Gryz, Forbort, Poitras going the other way works for both sides than we probably send Lohrei out for Hanifin.
0BAB89E4-D2E7-47DF-953E-D5CD1A8C132A.gif

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

This isn't the place for him.

Remember when the Habs were paid a 1st rounder to take Monahan? Shorter deal but same thing lazy PLD is still a 4-5 mil player the right team could make out like bandits if he grows up. Problem is you probably have to cross most of them off the list of fits. Montreal, Ottawa, maybe even Buffalo for bad teams and maybe Tampa or Dallas for decent ones.

If PLD turns it around people will sing a different tune and say they wanted to buy cheap while they had a chance

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This isn't the place for him.

Remember when the Habs were paid a 1st rounder to take Monahan? Shorter deal but same thing lazy PLD is still a 4-5 mil player the right team could make out like bandits if he grows up. Problem is you probably have to cross most of them off the list of fits. Montreal, Ottawa, maybe even Buffalo for bad teams and maybe Tampa or Dallas for decent ones.

If PLD turns it around people will sing a different tune and say they wanted to buy cheap while they had a chance
How about LA for DuBois?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are guys who play on the first line and there are #1 centers. The truth is there aren't 32 #1 centers in the league. Maybe not even 16

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
There are guys who play on the first line and there are #1 centers. The truth is there aren't 32 #1 centers in the league. Maybe not even 16

I think a strong argument could be made for a lot more than 16. Intangibles over points in a lot of cases. Ala Bergy, Stone, ROR. Players that may not put up the numbers of AM34, Mcdavid, or Mackinnon but you'd want to match up against them.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think a strong argument could be made for a lot more than 16. Intangibles over points in a lot of cases. Ala Bergy, Stone, ROR. Players that may not put up the numbers of AM34, Mcdavid, or Mackinnon but you'd want to match up against them.
Stone?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Elias Petterson has had off and on rumors about being moved as well.

Always funny when someone says “doesn’t want to talk about it then when I talk about it and tag you in it, you go rogue.

Par for the course I guess

It's weird. I occasionally have other obligations.

The UFA market yields so many overpriced players. Why are we, of all teams, going to win a battle for Hanifin? Again, I've got nothing against the guy. But he's not a need. At all. We're going to outbid 31 other teams for him? Seems unrealistic and like a bad move.

Zegras isn't producing, but because he's Zegras, the price would still be high. Not interested.

Anyways, my original point was simply that this team, as composed and with the needs they have on the front end....outbidding everyone for Hanifin would not be the right thing to do with all that cap space. We're also not the only team with all that space, so it's not like we're getting Hanifin at some steal.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's weird. I occasionally have other obligations.

The UFA market yields so many overpriced players. Why are we, of all teams, going to win a battle for Hanifin? Again, I've got nothing against the guy. But he's not a need. At all. We're going to outbid 31 other teams for him? Seems unrealistic and like a bad move.

Zegras isn't producing, but because he's Zegras, the price would still be high. Not interested.

Anyways, my original point was simply that this team, as composed and with the needs they have on the front end....outbidding everyone for Hanifin would not be the right thing to do with all that cap space. We're also not the only team with all that space, so it's not like we're getting Hanifin at some steal.

Oh so you want to be sassy and call me out by saying I won’t respond and then you duck.

Zegras isn’t producing? He’s coming off back to back 60+ point seasons in his age 20 and 21 season and has been injured this year. He would instantly be our best offensive center

As for hanifin there’s been rumors he would like to play for his hometown team in the bruins if it can happen.

Reactions: lopey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It’s truly amazing how “uninterested” people are in centers who are in their early 20s that have multiple 60+ seasons. Baffling.

Reactions: lopey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It’s truly amazing how “uninterested” people are in centers who are in their early 20s that have multiple 60+ seasons. Baffling.
Especially those centers who play for a team desperate for a franchise player who are either moving said center to wing or are trading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad