Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Whats the deal with Gasseau? Expected to sign with us when BC's season ends and burn a year off his ELC?

I would think unlikely to sign this year, and certainly not likely to burn a year off the ELC.

he is an interesting player. Very good size. I think he has good wheels once he gets moving. He is also 7th on BC in points. So he is having a good year on a ridiculously talented team

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Absolutely

Very few ppl even capable of 100 in a career year though

I'd have to lean more towards him just playing on a juggernaut PP that features Leon & McJesus. I mean he put up 53 PPP last year. Not only that by nearly 60% of his assist were secondary

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I would think unlikely to sign this year, and certainly not likely to burn a year off the ELC.

he is an interesting player. Very good size. I think he has good wheels once he gets moving. He is also 7th on BC in points. So he is having a good year on a ridiculously talented team
Yeah. He'd go far higher if that draft was redrafted and he looks the part to me.

Leaving BC to toil in Providence doesn't make much sense but you don't want a Gauthier situation or him playing out his eligibility and becoming a free agent.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd have to lean more towards him just playing on a juggernaut PP that features Leon & McJesus. I mean he put up 53 PPP last year. Not only that by nearly 60% of his assist were secondary
He’s been good for awhile, he had 52 points in 62 games as a teenager in the league while mcdavid and Drai were in middle school

He’d immediately be this teams best center. Wouldn’t be particularly close either imo. That’s not to say I have interest in moving Ullmark+ for him in-season or acquiring his contract, I’m just pushing back on this idea some people have that he wouldn’t really move the needle for this team. He’d be one of our better players.

Reactions: sarge88

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I would give time stamps, but the entire episode is worth viewing.

Who are you going to believe, Don Sweeney or your lying eyes?

I'm sure this is a great episode, but I saw the gigantic cartoon Haggs face and my two Hendrick's martinis from dinner almost came up on me, causing severe acid reflux and thus lessening my enjoyment of this much anticipated lip of Kodiak. In short, Haggs ruined my Friday night. f*** you, Haggs.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
RNH has always been buried behind Hall first, then McDavid and Drai. He is a top 6 center with great 2 way play but he was (maybe is) made of glass. He has only played more than 70 games five times in his thirteen year career.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I'm sure this is a great episode, but I saw the gigantic cartoon Haggs face and my two Hendrick's martinis from dinner almost came up on me, causing severe acid reflux and thus lessening my enjoyment of this much anticipated lip of Kodiak. In short, Haggs ruined my Friday night. f*** you, Haggs.
Fair enough. He may be a hack, but I think he knows the game. More importantly, his guests, Mark Divver and Mick Colageo, know it inside out.

Check if you dare.

Don't come to me after another first round exit. Past is prologue.

I like Hendricks, and I've been through a good many of them over the years. At this point, I'm back to Tanqueray with Noily Prat or Dolan.

Three olives. Stirred, novice, not shaken.

Bond was a fool.

Cheers,

✌️😌

To each his own, Number One.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Fair enough. He may be a hack, but I think he knows the game. More importantly, his guests, Mark Divver and Mick Colageo, know it inside out.

Check if you dare.

Don't come to me after another first round exit. Past is prologue.

I like Hendricks, and I've been through a good many of them over the years. At this point, I'm back to Tanqueray with Noily Prat or Dolan.

Three olives. Stirred, novice, not shaken.

Bond was a fool.

Cheers,

✌️😌

To each his own, Number One.
I f***ing love it! Exactly how I had mine this fine evening. And for the record, I did initially request Tanqueray Ten, only to be rebuffed.

I'm just giving you shit on the episode. I love Divver and Colageo and will definitely give it a watch/listen!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Lohrei is already the superior offensive player. I think his ceiling is higher than Hanifin. I'm a Hanifin fan but he's that jack-of-all-trades master-of-none type of D-man (which isn't a knock) he does everything well, really no weaknesses in his game but no real standout strengths outside of his skating. Just a solid, steady and reliable player.

Eventually I can see Lohrei QB'ing an NHL powerplay while still being a solid option for PK time and shutdown minutes as his defensive game improves.
Your description of NH sounds like the description that we heard when discussing Lindholm prior to coming here 2 years ago.
Does Noah QB the PP in Calgary? Has he ever? He'd be a great addition but
at what cost? I hate the idea of the 2025 first rounder and also hate Lohrei and or Brazz going out in a deal but it feels like that's what's going to end up happening here. It may be a genius move or it could end up a disaster if there's no sign and trade agreed to in advance. If he won't do that than I would be reluctant to make a deal for him unless it's a steal of a deal ala the Taylor Hall deal.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
it was his career year, has not done it before and is over 30 now, he also played a lot of PP time with McDavid and Draisaitl, don't think he anything special or worth his current contract, rather go younger.

He plays on the power play with McDavid and Draisaitl because the Oilers have no god damn wingers to pair with them outside of Zach Hyman.

1708770810339.png

Look at the massive drop off in production after Nugent-Hopkins. Their lack of wing depth is atrocious and has created the knock on effect of making the Oilers kill their center depth by pairing Nugent Hopkins and Draisaitl on the same line as McDavid, which then screws up their center depth. It's not Nugent-Hopkins fault that his production is tethered to McDavid. It's Ken Holland and the Oilers stupid front office fault for not knowing how to construct a team properly around their best players.

As far as I see it, the Bruins and Oilers both have pieces that the other one needs. If the Sweenius had a clue, he might as well try and ring the phone and see if he can work out a deal for Nugent Hopkins with a package centered around DeBrusk considering how lacking the center depth on the Bruins is at the current moment.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Your description of NH sounds like the description that we heard when discussing Lindholm prior to coming here 2 years ago.
Does Noah QB the PP in Calgary? Has he ever? He'd be a great addition but
at what cost? I hate the idea of the 2025 first rounder and also hate Lohrei and or Brazz going out in a deal but it feels like that's what's going to end up happening here. It may be a genius move or it could end up a disaster if there's no trade and sign agreed to in advance. If he won't do that than I would be reluctant to make a deal for him unless it's a steal of a deal like ala the Taylor Hall deal.

I think Hanifin brings a lot of the same qualities as Lindholm. Hanifin can play the point on the PP but to me he's not the kind of D-man I want as Option 1 on the top of the umbrella. More of a PP Unit 2 kind of guy.

I think Lohrei (and Poitras) are safe, Bruins won't go there nor should they. It's an overpayment.

But hard to foresee a scenario that doesn't involve a 1st round pick going out the door if the Bruins want to bring Hanifin in at the deadline.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sweeney scouting undrafted Collège players = 2024 Draft

I just hope they find a way to open up a couple more spots on the 50 contracts during the trade deadline. They are not well positioned there

Do they have any open contracts after the Brazeau signing ? I thought he was #50, but maybe it is 49?

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I just hope they find a way to open up a couple more spots on the 50 contracts during the trade deadline. They are not well positioned there
That would be nice, but I really don't want to see any more futures as in 1st round picks given away unless its for immediate and future help, primarily a top Center.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I f***ing love it! Exactly how I had mine this fine evening. And for the record, I did initially request Tanqueray Ten, only to be rebuffed.

I'm just giving you shit on the episode. I love Divver and Colageo and will definitely give it a watch/listen!

I went from Beefeater to Tanqueray (10) to Bombay to Bombay Saphire to Plymouth (allegedly Churchill's favorite).

And then I traded down. That's another story.

If you haven't tried Noily Prat or Dolin dry vermouth, both from France, give them a go.

Olives are another matter entirely.

I'd like to try Dorothy Parker, Hayman's, Botanist, Old Raj, and Sipsmith.

IF I do, I'll be doing so at home. The best martini I've had on a night out was at the now defunct Top of the Pru. And it wasn't cheap. I'd rather create my own, and make bold to say I can mix a better one in my sleep than what you'll find at many establishments. A $16 "dirty martini"? PT Barnum would blush.

Do check that episode, Haggerty or no. Divver and Colageo know their stuff, and all three agree that teams know how to beat the Bruins:

Push them around, because they won't respond. Absent a significant upgrade in the physicality department, none believe the Bruins will go anywhere in the playoffs for this reason.

Now that makes me barf.

Cheers,

1708780965221.png

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Not that I take them into consideration too much but Craig Button came up with a top 50 prospect list and Lysell was #48...

I know a lot of people put him in trade proposals but this kid could be a really good scoring winger for us probably as soon as next year, which we could really use

We don't usually have a prospect that high up and could actually be our last one for a couple of years. Its funny cause usually most of us would have Lysell untouchable considering the pedigree

I hold Lysell, Lohrei, Poitras this TDL. I think you need those three to round out the roster next year

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not that I take them into consideration too much but Craig Button came up with a top 50 prospect list and Lysell was #48...

I know a lot of people put him in trade proposals but this kid could be a really good scoring winger for us probably as soon as next year, which we could really use

We don't usually have a prospect that high up and could actually be our last one for a couple of years. Its funny cause usually most of us would have Lysell untouchable considering the pedigree

I hold Lysell, Lohrei, Poitras this TDL. I think you need those three to round out the roster next year
For a rental yes I hold, for a proven player with term and/or trade and sign...I trade Lysell or Poitras. Lohrei is a player i don't want to see traded.

What about keeping Ullmark and trading unsigned Swayman? The Ullmark 16? team no trade clause thing to restrictive/challenging.

Perhaps the offseason arbitration thing has soured both Swayman / Bruin management relationship each knowing future contract expectations will be difficult. Bruins go with cost certainty Ullmark in tandum with a Bussi/DiPietro?

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
RNH being considered a meh player is hilarious, guy scored 100 last year lmao
Well he doesn’t play for the Bruins so that would explain a lot of it. Ullmark Jake for RNH would also have to bring back a Holloway say.

I’d keep him.

Reactions: CellyHard

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Do they have any open contracts after the Brazeau signing ? I thought he was #50, but maybe it is 49?
capfriendly has them at 48/50. i don't think it's that big of an issue, honestly. most of the undrafted college FA end up
signing ATOs and get NHL deals that begin the following year. a guy like graf will score an immediate NHL contract, but
the majority of these guys likely won't.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I understand mcdavid and draisaitl are very high upper echelon players. But it’s funny to watch posters bash players like RNH and Hyman for inflated numbers while playing with those guys while also failing to recognize Debrusks numbers benefited greatly from playing next to bergy/marchand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad