Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
This isn’t hard. Grizz or Forbort goes back to make the money work. Then you have whatever assets you are trading for Hanifin (or whomever).
I think too many people simplify this. Like teams will just take other UFAs for their UFA. Calgary doesn’t need to do this unless we give up value, and we have to beat out any other team offer to Calgary.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Do you think Calgary wants either of them?
Would you want the Bruins to acquire either of them?

If the Bruins were sellers they'd have no problem trading Gryz or Forbort at the deadline.

I think too many people simplify this. Like teams will just take other UFAs for their UFA. Calgary doesn’t need to do this unless we give up value, and we have to beat out any other team offer to Calgary.

They can be flipped elsewhere. This isn't that complicated really.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They will to make a deal. In todays world you have to take money back in order to sell. Like Craig Smith going to Washington last year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
From Dom in the DeBrusk thread

From @DomT "
Disagree.

Days are numbered in Boston.

Details later this afternoon or early evening. Depends on how quickly I can get in front of a pc"

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
With the Bruins being rumored to be interested in Alexandre Carrier, I wonder if a Carlo for Hanifin deal makes sense for both teams. Calgary gets a Tanev replacement signed for 3 more seasons so they can move Tanev for picks and still compete this season and onward. For the Bruins, they solidify their top 4 and Lindholm has always played better with more of a puck-moving defenseman on his pair.

The big question is what is Calgary looking for in a return for Hanifin? If they are looking at a rebuild, they will probably want picks and prospects in return which the Bruins could not afford to give up or pay with so many teams interested in Hanifin already.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Nobody is saying the Bruins are giving up Gryz for Hanifin 1-1. People are saying the Bruins would have to give up value for Hanifin, and in addition to any value, the Flames would have to take a cap dump contract for the rest of the year

If they deal him anywhere this is almost certain to happen, it is not a Boston phenomenon,

Reactions: CDJ

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
With the Bruins being rumored to be interested in Alexandre Carrier, I wonder if a Carlo for Hanifin deal makes sense for both teams. Calgary gets a Tanev replacement signed for 3 more seasons so they can move Tanev for picks and still compete this season and onward. For the Bruins, they solidify their top 4 and Lindholm has always played better with more of a puck-moving defenseman on his pair.

The big question is what is Calgary looking for in a return for Hanifin? If they are looking at a rebuild, they will probably want picks and prospects in return which the Bruins could not afford to give up or pay with so many teams interested in Hanifin already.
Not trading Carlo, to make room for Carrier.........

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Not trading Carlo, to make room for Carrier.........
The goal would be to get Hanifin and replace Carlo with another 4D in Carrier. Just spit-balling since E. Lindholm, with an extension, and Carrier were two players named the Bruins to be interested in thus far. It could also just mean that the Bruins want to bolster their RD by replacing Shattenkirk with someone better. Should be an interesting two weeks.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The goal would be to get Hanifin and replace Carlo with another 4D in Carrier. Just spit-balling since E. Lindholm, with an extension, and Carrier were two players named the Bruins to be interested in thus far. It could also just mean that the Bruins want to bolster their RD by replacing Shattenkirk with someone better. Should be an interesting two weeks.
Bruins should not be going after another undersized d-man

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
From Dom in the DeBrusk thread

From @DomT "
Disagree.

Days are numbered in Boston.

Details later this afternoon or early evening. Depends on how quickly I can get in front of a pc"

Well he's not going to be here after July 1 or whatever, many people expect that, or does he mean the deadline?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If the rumors are true about Debrusk/Ullmark potentially on the move. I hope it somehow it’s for a center and we bring up lysell.

Reactions: TCB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah closest comp. But Dougie was already in his second season in Calgary when he was Lorhei's age and scoring at double the PPG. Development isn't linear and who knows and all, just pointing it out.
Yeah just more talking about frame/playing style than anything else. Dougie definitely has the higher pedigree. Lohrei hasn’t been playing D for too long though so we will see how much developmental runway he has left, could be more than most players his age (especially since some bigger players seem to take a little time to get coordinated and effectively use their size too)

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
To the "not trade Ullmark until the offseason crowd"

Would you consider it if Swayman had an extension in place, it guaranteed a 1st + coming back, and it was proceeded to be flipped for either a top four defenseman or a top six forward. Let's say Hanifin for example (with an extension as well)

Curious if it swings anyone to the other side because I think it's the exact course they should take
Yes.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Kadri to Boston :naughty:

2024 Toronto Boston series:

Game 7 - in Toronto

3rd OT

20 secounds remaining

Kadri cross checks Marner to the head .. questionable no call (BTW it was a clean hit)

Marner with miraculous recovery and beautiful passing play to Matthews

Matthews patented shot on Skinner (x leaf)

Skinner with amazing save (Skinner in for injured Swayman / Ulmark playing for Edmonton)

Skinner quick outlet pass to Brazeau (x leaf)

Brazeau no look pass to Kadri who completely undresses Samsonov

Bruins win...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
honestly impressive how dumb these guys are with social media. i know booger sugar is common in the league but to record yourself and then accidentally upload it to your public account is impressive

What’s this in reference to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad