Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I wonder if LA would entertain something around Ullmark for Phillip Danault?

I would make this deal if it were ever presented. Danault is 30 years old on a decent contract. Great defensive centre who is outstanding at the dot. Can also contribute offensively. I just don't know how or why Sweeney hasn't or isn't considering moving Ullmark for a player in a position of need for the Bruins.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I wonder if the Canes would entertain a trade for Ullmark?
Ullmark / Gryz and Lysell for
Seth Jarvis and Brett Pesce.
We would retain some money in the deal to make it work since there would be 8.6 million out and 4.9 million in.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would make this deal if it were ever presented. Danault is 30 years old on a decent contract. Great defensive centre who is outstanding at the dot. Can also contribute offensively. I just don't know how or why Sweeney hasn't or isn't considering moving Ullmark for a player in a position of need for the Bruins.

Good to see Coyle at 13 .... top 25 F/O wins this year. The stats consider games played so more reliable.

If you're looking for realistic trades for F/O dudes:

Pageau
Henrique
Sturm
Dvorak

Reactions: G Backup

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Bruins with 4 decent middle centers in Fred/Boyquist/Geek/Beecher? and have succeeded with 1B Coyle and 2A Zacha.

In a perfect world you have a Bergeron, McDavid, Crosby, and/or Matthews as your #1. Tough thing to find.

A team can't have it all...and right now, the bruins are okay at center, excellent goaltending, decent left/right wings, and quality 1, 2, 2 D.

See what you got with the new 4th line ... and stay patient to see where the team is struggling into the trade deadline.

I doubt the bruins trade the goalie hug. Debrusk and Gryz most likely gonzo.

Get Vatrano via trade...he's a far better option than Debrusk at the moment with 28 goals.
In the offseason, Bruins will get 2 of Stephenson, Duchene and Monahan this summer. Jake out, Zacha to LW. Geekie bottom 6 RW. Lysell gets first crack top 6 w Pasta top 2 RW. Zacha and Marchand the two top lw. Ullmark traded for picks. Gryz and Forbort out, Hanifin in. Heinen Stephenson Freddy line 3

Last edited:

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In the offseason, Bruins will get 2 of Stephenson, Duchene and Monahan this summer. Jake out, Zacha to LW. Geekie bottom 6 RW. Lysell gets first crack top 6 w Pasta top 2 RW. Zacha and Marchand the two top lw. Ullmark traded for picks. Gryz and Forbort out, Hanifin in. Heinen Stephenson Freddy line 3

I think the prices this off-season with everyone getting a big cap bump are going to make that impossible.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think the prices this off-season with everyone getting a big cap bump are going to make that impossible.

It’s roughly the same percentage yearly increase we saw from the 2012 lockout through the start of covid.

Idk if it’s really a big cap bump. $4m is going to go quick.

Reactions: Dr Hook

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Where did Jake go? Traded for picks? He might be a bargain at 2 more years for same price. Gryz out is a no brainer and saves 3.6 M. My jury is still out in Forbort at 3M.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
They’ll probably have to move something, I know Arvidsson is up at the end of the year, but they won’t be able to get rid of PLD, and they have several RFAs including Byfield, and no goaltending signed at all.
Agree, they will have to make a move at some point.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I wonder if the Canes would entertain a trade for Ullmark?
Ullmark / Gryz and Lysell for
Seth Jarvis and Brett Pesce.
We would retain some money in the deal to make it work since there would be 8.6 million out and 4.9 million in.
Martin Necas would be who I ask for from the Canes for Ullmark, than swap Gryz for Pesche or Skeji

Good to see Coyle at 13 .... top 25 F/O wins this year. The stats consider games played so more reliable.

If you're looking for realistic trades for F/O dudes:

Pageau
Henrique
Sturm
Dvorak
None of the above...pass

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’ll probably have to move something, I know Arvidsson is up at the end of the year, but they won’t be able to get rid of PLD, and they have several RFAs including Byfield, and no goaltending signed at all.
There’s a nonzero chance PLD is bought out

I also think ppl may be expecting a bit much for Ullmark

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Martin Necas would be who I ask for from the Canes for Ullmark, than swap Gryz for Pesche or Skeji

None of the above...pass
Yiu could ask for whatever you want but if you asked for Necas - from a playoff contender at that - you would be laughed at and hung up on in about 3 seconds. And deserve it. I mean at least a big of realism here? And why would Carolina swap Pesce or Skjei for Grizz? There’s no possible rationale for these moves at all.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yiu could ask for whatever you want but if you asked for Necas - from a playoff contender at that - you would be laughed at and hung up on in about 3 seconds. And deserve it. I mean at least a big of realism here? And why would Carolina swap Pesce or Skjei for Grizz? There’s no possible rationale for these moves at all.
Go look at what some of the offers fans of the Canes and Devils had for Saros, it was either Mercer or Necas with first round picks, I would argue that Ullmark is as good as Saros. The Canes have a major weakness and that is goal-tending, if you want a top flight starter you have to give to get, they have guys like Aho, Jarvis and Svechnikov to carry the offense, they could part with Necas for Ullmark. Only on this board do we have to give top prospects and 1st for guys like Dowd or Middleton, but our guys are never worth anything.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It’s roughly the same percentage yearly increase we saw from the 2012 lockout through the start of covid.

Idk if it’s really a big cap bump. $4m is going to go quick.

True but it’s also the time period where every summer everyone went “whoa” on how much people signed for. I also think all these GMs are itchy after being handcuffed for so long, especially the bubble teams.

Go look at what some of the offers fans of the Canes and Devils had for Saros, it was either Mercer or Necas with first round picks, I would argue that Ullmark is as good as Saros. The Canes have a major weakness and that is goal-tending, if you want a top flight starter you have to give to get, they have guys like Aho, Jarvis and Svechnikov to carry the offense, they could part with Necas for Ullmark. Only on this board do we have to give top prospects and 1st for guys like Dowd or Middleton, but our guys are never worth anything.

Ullmark is a 1A and Saros is a 1.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pretty massive penalty for a buyout for a half dozen years. Almost better to try a trade with like 3M retention
He a young boi still so it ain’t too bad, that’s the only reason I suggested it. If he was like 30 it would be a much worse situation for them- they have to make the choice: 1) Cut bait now so you don’t get caught up in that extension. Take your huge trade loss after only a mere year or 2) hold on and pray he rebounds, but possibly get stuck with him

And for the record if he gets bought out I would in fact take a chance on him. I think he’s really talented and plays mean, just gotta help him put everything together. But he’s gotta WANT to put it together, and that seems to be his biggest issue so far. He kinda reminds me of the center version of good ol Nathan Horton

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodit9

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Where did Jake go? Traded for picks? He might be a bargain at 2 more years for same price. Gryz out is a no brainer and saves 3.6 M. My jury is still out in Forbort at 3M.

Forbert is 100% gone, he's a 3rd pairing guy, the Bruins have guys like Wotherspoon who are just as effective at a 3rd of Forbert 's salary.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I really want novak from preds good age has potential for 2c and might not cost much.

I like Novak, but I think he's an excellent depth addition for a cap-strapped team looking to make a big playoff run. I don't think he's the guy we're looking for the solve our center issues. Could easily see a team like Tampa or Toronto make a play for him.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
out of left field here ....but I wouldn't mind prying Kadri from Calgary ..would rather pay him $7M than Debrusk ... move Zacha to the wing ..run with Coyle and Kadri as our top 2 Cs for a few years while we hope a true #1 C develops/comes along ...Kadri's contract is too long for sure and I doubt Calgary wants to try to get rid of a guy who actually wants to be in Calgary ...but he is a savvy vet with Chinese mustard (Jack reference) who turns it on come playoffs (when he is not suspended for stupidity)

Debrusk signed and Gryz might get you there and the Cap hit works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad