Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With Kevin Hayes having 50% of his contract retained by Philly what do we think about him being a bottom 6 center/faceoff ace? He’s winning 57% of his draws. Obviously not physical but has some hands and he’s huge. Does the family hate us?

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With Kevin Hayes having 50% of his contract retained by Philly what do we think about him being a bottom 6 center/faceoff ace? He’s winning 57% of his draws. Obviously not physical but has some hands and he’s huge. Does the family hate us?
Leaving the Hayes family stuff aside, STL is in a playoff position and not sure why they’d trade him at his number. He’s not exactly lighting it up this year though so I guess maybe.

Reactions: CDJ

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Even at 50% retained he is still at over 3.5 million for the next couple of years. His face off percentage this year is outstanding, but that has never been the case prior to this year. I'd pass

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Couldn't watch last night's game live, but finished the replay this morning. About as good a debut as you could reasonably expect from Brazeau IMO. Definitely not a good skater, but I didn't notice it nearly as much as I thought I would. Seemed like he was in the right spot all game long, had a good backcheck, potted his first goal. Monty definitely gave him pretty favorable deployment with like 70% ozone starts, but you aren't hammering a line with Richard and Boqvist on it with dzone starts anyway.

Needs to repeat that a few time to prove he deserves more then a cup of coffee, but having another dirt cheap bottom 6 options that's also waiver exempt for the rest of this season is a good thing.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
That is one I have been thinking about exactly, it helps both teams in positions of need.

They’ll probably have to move something, I know Arvidsson is up at the end of the year, but they won’t be able to get rid of PLD, and they have several RFAs including Byfield, and no goaltending signed at all.

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I roll

Lindholm Mac
Lohrei Carlo
Wotherspoon Gryz

Shat and Forbort can watch the next few games

Edit didn’t see Lindy was out

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
And I get that, but do I want another 5.5 million dollar middle 6 center?
Bruins with 4 decent middle centers in Fred/Boyquist/Geek/Beecher? and have succeeded with 1B Coyle and 2A Zacha.

In a perfect world you have a Bergeron, McDavid, Crosby, and/or Matthews as your #1. Tough thing to find.

A team can't have it all...and right now, the bruins are okay at center, excellent goaltending, decent left/right wings, and quality 1, 2, 2 D.

See what you got with the new 4th line ... and stay patient to see where the team is struggling into the trade deadline.

I doubt the bruins trade the goalie hug. Debrusk and Gryz most likely gonzo.

Get Vatrano via trade...he's a far better option than Debrusk at the moment with 28 goals.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad