Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Ok, so transitioning to the Bruins shouldn’t be too difficult.
4218415B-39D5-4A3A-920A-DDE6B3C0F325.jpeg

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not even a little - it’s the perfect irony really
His physical stats are impressive, kind of like a boxer at the weigh in, but later that night in the ring not so much.

There is a video on youtube of him getting into a shoving match with some players from Springfield either this season or last. That is the only video I've found of him getting into a semi-fight. He doesn't hit.
If what you say is true with that size will not be long before the fans turn on him.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
If what you say is true with that size will not be long before the fans turn on him.
If he sticks to his game and what he is good at, has a chance to contribute. He doesn't have the speed to close gaps and produce hits. He has produced in every league he has been in, so its time to see if hes just another AAAA talent.

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Not for nothing and I don’t want to see it happen. But what do you think the Bs could get for JVR or Heinen in this weak market? Again I wouldn’t but just wondering.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I suppose that's a good point. Could plan to move Gryz, bring in Hanifin then Carrier plays RD with Forbort or Wotherspoon?

Idk, just not sure another sub 6 foot D is what they should be looking for
Not sure any of this is doable

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Brazeau has gotta be camped in front on the PP
But is that not JVR's job ? I hope this kid does well and some have commented on the road he took to get to play in the NHL, wish him the best, but now I ask why are we getting slower and we are looking at undersized D-man Carrier. sorry but no more band aids. Go out make moves that will help this team or ride out the season with what you have, and Donnie your job will be safe you got Jeremy his playoff dates.

Reactions: Sheppy

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
C'mon, hits are more dependent on who is doing the counting than any other stat in the league. Almost useless. They are also far more dependent on how much the puck is on the other team's stick.
Exactly!! That and Giveaways and Takeaways

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
How many do you remember?
Ah we’re onto the memorable hits segment of our roster thread.

Another fun fact - only 4 of the top 10 team fight leaders are in playoff position right now.Bruins middle of the pack with 12. Carolina and Colorado tied for last with 5. Dallas only one more than them with 6. Also below the Bruins - NYI, STL, CGY, LAK and Vegas. Rangers are even with the Bruins.

Reactions: wintersej

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ah we’re onto the memorable hits segment of our roster thread.

Another fun fact - only 4 of the top 10 team fight leaders are in playoff position right now.Bruins middle of the pack with 12. Carolina and Colorado tied for last with 5. Dallas only one more than them with 6. Also below the Bruins - NYI, STL, CGY, LAK and Vegas. Rangers are even with the Bruins.
I never said anything about fighting.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I"m just going to ignore the Brazeau signing, he won't be up long enough to care.

If they make a deal with Nashville two of Lauzon, McCarron, Sherwood, Trenin and Smith need to be involved. I like Novak for second line center. I watch quite a bit of Nashville as I like how physical they are, they are a good match with Boston to add some skilled grit.

Last edited:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I'm honestly shocked they called up Brazeau.

He's been good for Providence for a few seasons, but his skating is barely AHL passable despite improving.

Happy for him though since he's definitely out in the grunt work to get to where he is.
It’s all about league minimum contracts for the cap

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I"m just going to ignore the Brazeau signing, he won't be up long enough to care.

If they make a deal with Nashville two of Lauzon, McCarron, Sherwood, Trenin and Smith need to be involved. I like Novak for second line center. I watch quite a bit of Nadhville as I like how physical they are, they are a good match with Boston to add some skilled grit.
He just resigned for 2 years. He's not likely going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad