Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I'm just stunned they used a roster spot on him with an extremely important College/European/CHL free agent period about to start
I suppose there's the possibility he's on a tryout
I don't know how that would work
I don't think Sweeney/Gold did this signing to handcuff their ability to get stuff done for the deadline.
I think the timing of it suggests there might be fluidity to the roster situation coming.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Yeah the more I think about it the more I hate that he might be getting a look over Lysell

They talk about playing with pace all the time, idk how this signing helps with that
Yeah I don’t get it. The team is lacking in high-end skill. So much so that the coach does things like play his (clearly exhausted) top guys for an entire power play at the end of an OT game, which directly contributes to them losing. Not sure bringing in a guy who is considered slow BY AHL STANDARDS helps a team that is struggling to get consistent offensive production from anyone outside of Pastrnak. Good for Brazeau and I’m glad the Steen experiment is over, but this seemed like the perfect opportunity to call up Lysell

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I think hyperbolic takes are prolly a rush to judgement after Braz gets called up

…but I’ll be pretty bummed out if Lysell doesn’t get run and lohrei, Beecher, and Merkulov stay down the rest of the year. Seems like you’d want them to come up, see the competition, and be ready for next season …right?

Reactions: Gordoff

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm honestly shocked they called up Brazeau.

He's been good for Providence for a few seasons, but his skating is barely AHL passable despite improving.

Happy for him though since he's definitely out in the grunt work to get to where he is.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Sit him in front of the goalie on the PP. Think your going to see some guys moving up and down
Them putting this guy on the PP might very well make my head explode.

I could see it if he's one of the front office staff's sons or grandsons or something. I used to make one snarky comment a year about them resigning Joona Koppanen. Brazeau makes Koppanen look like Mike Gartner.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
having A 9.5 a 6.5 and a likely 7.5 Dman in Noah H seem pretty rich when we lack a number one C and poor depth up front.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
A 4th line of Heinen, Beecher, Geekie would be nice in my opinion. And an easy way to get there could be a JVR, Frederic, Lysell/merkulov 3rd line.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If he does not produce at the NHL level and is just a big slow guy who does not fight, this place will tear him apart. Hope he does well.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Is Brazeau remotely physical? The guy is 6-5 245 by the readings.

I don’t know much about him.
There is a video on youtube of him getting into a shoving match with some players from Springfield either this season or last. That is the only video I've found of him getting into a semi-fight. He doesn't hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad