Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
out of left field here ....but I wouldn't mind prying Kadri from Calgary ..would rather pay him $7M than Debrusk ... move Zacha to the wing ..run with Coyle and Kadri as our top 2 Cs for a few years while we hope a true #1 C develops/comes along ...Kadri's contract is too long for sure and I doubt Calgary wants to try to get rid of a guy who actually wants to be in Calgary ...but he is a savvy vet with Chinese mustard (Jack reference) who turns it on come playoffs (when he is not suspended for stupidity)

Debrusk signed and Gryz might get you there and the Cap hit works

But it's 5 more years at 7 million, up to his age 38 season. It would be shocking if there are not 2-3 really bad years at the end of that contract. No way would i take that risk

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
But it's 5 more years at 7 million, up to his age 38 season. It would be shocking if there are not 2-3 really bad years at the end of that contract. No way would i take that risk
It's a risk for sure but Lindholm (if we target him in the offseason) will likely want $9+ up to the age of 37-38 as well ...and he's got no real playoff pedigree. Kadri might be able to hold is own as a 3rd line Centre in the last few years ..he's crafty. I doubt he is on the Bruins radar at all but it's the type of move I'd like to see while Calgary resets, there are likely other comparable options out there ...and sign Hanifin in the offseason ..don't waste capital on a guy who will come here for "free".

Reactions: Skelen

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Cap should be up by 7 million by then if not more.

Yes but the cap hasn’t moved up in what 3 years or something? Everyone’s going to want a piece of the pie on a 23 man roster. While it’s not a huge impact, the nhl minimum will also be going up and lower salary players will want that reflected in their salary as well.

I’m not to sure people realize the impact of the cap not going up the past few years and how much this money will likely have to get spread around through the whole roster.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
out of left field here ....but I wouldn't mind prying Kadri from Calgary ..would rather pay him $7M than Debrusk ... move Zacha to the wing ..run with Coyle and Kadri as our top 2 Cs for a few years while we hope a true #1 C develops/comes along ...Kadri's contract is too long for sure and I doubt Calgary wants to try to get rid of a guy who actually wants to be in Calgary ...but he is a savvy vet with Chinese mustard (Jack reference) who turns it on come playoffs (when he is not suspended for stupidity)

Debrusk signed and Gryz might get you there and the Cap hit works
Have you looked at Kadris contract, no thank you.

Reactions: bbfan419

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If reports are true and the Devils are offering whats reported for Saros or Markstrom I do not understand why the Bruins wouldn't make Ullmark available.

1) we don’t know if Ullmark would waive his no movement clause

2) the bruins like the two elite goalie system because it helps their regular season record

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If reports are true and the Devils are offering whats reported for Saros or Markstrom I do not understand why the Bruins wouldn't make Ullmark available.
1) They’re contenders

2) Swayman hasn’t handled a full workload ever and isn’t under contract long term yet

3) team chemistry is a thing

4) Linus M-NTC

It’s an offseason kind of move

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I like him as well. What would it take to get him? Are there rumors that he’s available?
Doubt he'd be available. Kings are in a playoff spot and trading their 2C probably wouldn't make sense. They could use a LD... but neither Forbort or Gryz would have that kind of value.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I wonder if the bruins even trade ullmark in the offseason unless they actually have to.

Once Swayman gets signed, the cost of carrying these 2 goalies is probably going to be upwords of 11 million/ year, that's far too much for a team that has several areas that need improvement. Further to that Bussi is supposed to be more then ready to play in the NHL.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
They'd be stupid not to.

With Swayman due for a big raise, and having shown enough to warrant investing in him as the 1, with someone like Bussi/vet backing him up. The bruins would be doing their cap a disservice by keeping Ullmark at 5 mil.
you are assuming again that the teams on his list both need and can afford him. Bruins wont give him away for nothing if the trade isn't there,

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I wonder if the bruins even trade ullmark in the offseason unless they actually have to.
Ty Anderson was saying that the bruins had a trade in the works last offseason that would've sent Ullmark out, but it fell through. So we know they're willing to move him, it's just a matter of getting good value back.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
1) They’re contenders

2) Swayman hasn’t handled a full workload ever and isn’t under contract long term yet

3) team chemistry is a thing

4) Linus M-NTC

It’s an offseason kind of move

Can you imagine the bad look it would be if they traded Ullmark here mid-season and ended up missing the playoffs while running Swayman into the ground down the stretch.

People talk about trading Ullmark like the Bruins have already locked up a playoffs spot but there is plenty of runway left yet.

Deal with it in the off-season. With Bussi needing waivers next October very likely between now and then the situation will be clarified one way or the other.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can you imagine the bad look it would be if they traded Ullmark here mid-season and ended up missing the playoffs while running Swayman into the ground down the stretch.

People talk about trading Ullmark like the Bruins have already locked up a playoffs spot but there is plenty of runway left yet.

Deal with it in the off-season. With Bussi needing waivers next October very likely between now and then the situation will be clarified one way or the other.
Yup-couple that with the fact that I don’t think they’re gonna get nearly as much as some ppl think for him and I don’t see why they’d do it now

Reactions: BruinDust

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't know. Just think this is poor asset management.

I would prefer an every day player, especially come playoff time. It is what it is though. This is apparently what Sweeney prefers at the moment even though it hurts the team come playoff time

Reactions: kdog82

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yup-couple that with the fact that I don’t think they’re gonna get nearly as much as some ppl think for him and I don’t see why they’d do it now

That's the other side of this is they would be dealing Ullmark to a team that wants to win now. Very unlikely the Bruins get back any significant pieces to help them win this year. I assume at this point if/when they Ullmark, it will be mostly future-type of assets coming back.

Reactions: CDJ

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
yeah there was alot of speculation that the Pens were close to sending 14OA and the bruins were going to interview Oliver Moore incase he was available but Im guessing Ullmark nixed it. Id say that was good value :)
Ty Anderson was saying that the bruins had a trade in the works last offseason that would've sent Ullmark out, but it fell through. So we know they're willing to move him, it's just a matter of getting good value back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad