Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
USA kid, 39 years old, sounds about right.
Screenshot_20240125_134737_Chrome.jpg

He could definitely still pot goals. As he scored 21 last year.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Zacha-Hertl-Pasta

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk

Jvr-Fredric-Geeke

Lauko-Carrick-O’Brien (Duhaime)

Middleton (Oleksiak)-McAvoy

Lindholm-Carlo

Lohrei -Shattenkirk

Wotherspoon

Swayman-Bussi

This team needs to toughen up, and just one player won’t make a difference. McAvoy needs freedom to play his game, which has always been on the edge. Someone big & tough.

The 4th line needs to be tougher, to take the heat off of Marchand & Pasta who try to play tougher but who’s kidding. Carrick is a less talented & cheaper version of Bennet, while O’Brien would add some toughness for cheap. Though Duhaime would be just as good in this spot if not better.

Not sure how we could get Hertl, probably would have to include Poitras or Lohrei then add a 1st. But maybe something around Lysell, 1st & 3rd.

Ullmark & Gryz have to be moved. And as well as Heinen has been playing, I’d still move him for some toughness.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Zacha-Hertl-Pasta

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk

Jvr-Fredric-Geeke

Lindholm-Carlo

Lohrei -Shattenkirk

Wotherspoon

Swayman-Bussi

This team needs to toughen up, and just one player won’t make a difference. McAvoy needs freedom to play his game, which has always been on the edge. Someone big & tough.

The 4th line needs to be tougher, to take the heat off of Marchand & Pasta who try to play tougher but who’s kidding. Carrick is a less talented & cheaper version of Bennet, while O’Brien would add some toughness for cheap. Though Duhaime would be just as good in this spot if not better.

Not sure how we could get Hertl, probably would have to include Poitras or Lohrei then add a 1st. But maybe something around Lysell, 1st & 3rd.

Ullmark & Gryz have to be moved. And as well as Heinen has been playing, I’d still move him for some toughness.
I don't dispute the fact that this team could use more toughness. Where you lose me is how slotting Lohrei (-4) in for Grizz (+6) makes this team tougher, or better?

I get the desire to move Grizz's cap hit, but I'll ask the question again: Who is going to take on that contract, let alone give us an asset back in return?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Sadly though I see the Bruins holding onto him for the playoffs, not play him and then let him walk for nothing. On one hand people say he's to expensive too move and then turn around and say he is a good defenceman. Good defenceman are moveable. Just takes a little fandangling.
Gryz is simply an overpaid D-Man with glairing flaws in his game that really get exploited come playoff time. Making his trade value very low ,if possible . Does he do somethings well yes

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I don't dispute the fact that this team could use more toughness. Where you lose me is how slotting Lohrei (-4) in for Grizz (+6) makes this team tougher, or better?

I get the desire to move Grizz's cap hit, but I'll ask the question again: Who is going to take on that contract, let alone give us an asset back in return?
Lohrei already brings more toughness & production than Gryz, what he lack is experience no doubt. But we’re talking about bottom pairing minutes that can be split with Wotherspoon. I’m sure someone would take a chance on Gryz, just last season he was worth at least a 2nd. Now? Not sure.

Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Zacha-Hertl-Pasta

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk

Jvr-Fredric-Geeke

Lindholm-Carlo

Lohrei -Shattenkirk

Wotherspoon

Swayman-Bussi

Liam O’Brien? Really?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I wanted him before he went to Minny. He still has stuff left in the tank. If he wanted to sign with us, I wouldn't hate it.
He still has stuff left in the tank? based on what? he hasn't played since April (where he had 0 points in 6 playoff games).

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Just watching overdrive on TSN and they were saying Crosby is having such at great year, but is being wasted in Pittsburgh and then Hayes said the team he would be best to go to...the Boston Bruins. That would certainly help , but doubt the Pens trade him.

Only chance we get Crosby is if we get some good ol Boston collusion with the owners.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would we do 1.5 years of a Sean Kuraly reunion? I’m not sure where his game is at now a days, but you can imagine he would be a good playmate for Beecher next year and a Beecher upgrade for this year if he is still capable.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Thing is if you were this wrong about Heinen, how can we trust you on toughness?

How do you earn this trust back?
Because I was right on Frederic when a lot of people on this board just wanted him gone and last years playoffs proved a need for toughness. Also I am firmly convinced this isn't Danton Heinen, it's some clone that was injected with a spine and a willingness to play physical, the Heinen that was here before did not play like this Heinen, or this team is soooo soft that anybody that throws any type of hit stands out.

Only chance we get Crosby is if we get some good ol Boston collusion with the owners.
Would help make up for what FSG has done to the Red Sox.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Because I was right on Frederic when a lot of people on this board just wanted him gone and last years playoffs proved a need for toughness. Also I am firmly convinced this isn't Danton Heinen, it's some clone that was injected with a spine and a willingness to play physical, the Heinen that was here before did not play like this Heinen, or this team is soooo soft that anybody that throws any type of hit stands out.

There is no chance John Henry helps out any sports group in Boston.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Linus is traded at the draft, yeah? Don't see before. But man Sway looks like a guy ready for 60 games a year.

Sorry no credit for the majority Freddy opinion. Only a few people really thought he got overpaid. Most of us knew.

Reactions: PeanutButter37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad