Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If we get him for 6x7 and he's got 30g pedigree, that's robbery for us in the back half of that deal. 30g guys will be getting 9m and up

Debrusk averages per season. (Prorated for an 82 game schedule so he doesn’t get screwed over on covid years)

67 games 20 goals / 19 assists / 39 points

He’s never had 30 goals. To have a 30 goal pedigree you actually need to have scores 30 goals in a season and probably by definition multiple 30 goal season. This year he’s teetering on 20.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yeah but 27 in 64 and 27 in 68 IS 30 goal pedigree

He can only impact the games he's in.
1706360636965.jpeg

Reactions: UncleRico

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I like Tippett but DeBrusk significantly better player

Well I’m Jake agent I am looking at 7-7.5 M
This is actually insane

Thats almost a 100% salary increase from the 4m he is making now. Well at least 75% if we are being technical.

And I'm not sure if JD is even slightly better than Tippett...that kid is really good. You're selling him a little short.

Reactions: Grimey

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This is actually insane

Thats almost a 100% salary increase from the 4m he is making now. Well at least 75% if we are being technical.

And I'm not sure if JD is even slightly better than Tippett...that kid is really good. You're selling him a little short.
Oh it's the ask for sure if the agent is doing his job. Doesn't mean that's where the $ ends up

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
6.75 sheets for 74, unsure on term
That's on the upper end of what I've been thinking but even then I wouldn't really think twice about any number under 7mil. If going a bit longer on terms can get the AAV closer to 6mil I also do that without much hesitation as well.

Reactions: NeelyDan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This is actually insane

This is actually insane

Nope - I watch him like a hawk. He’s Vatrano on steroids. Great shot but rest of game is average to below average. DeBrusk significantly better defensive player / passing - skater

It’s not even close if you can look past goals scored

The Flyers are reeling after Gauthier and Hart negative fallout and Tippett was the beneficiary

My take anyways

Reactions: CellyHard

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think you mean potential, pedigree is definitely the wrong word here.
He scored 27 in 64 in 2022-23 and last 18 games in previous year had 10

37 goals in 82 games did happen

He also scored shortie to put Bruins up game 6 in Florida but unfortunately Monty put Cliffy out there and ……

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ryan Johnston & Ty Andersen discussing trade needs at the deadline & both agreed: 4th line toughness. Both mentioned Liam O’Brien as an ideal target for the 4th line a-hole spot.

How dare these knuckle dragging goon lovers even suggest that :huh:

Reactions: NeelyDan and Bodit9

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Nope - I watch him like a hawk. He’s Vatrano on steroids. Great shot but rest of game is average to below average. DeBrusk significantly better defensive player / passing - skater

It’s not even close if you can look past goals scored

The Flyers are reeling after Gauthier and Hart negative fallout and Tippett was the beneficiary

My take anyways
I always thought they sold low on Vatrano. He's killin it out in Anaheim this year on cheap $.

Ryan Johnston & Ty Andersen discussing trade needs at the deadline & both agreed: 4th line toughness. Both mentioned Liam O’Brien as an ideal target for the 4th line a-hole spot.

That seems like it'd be Rinaldo 2.0 but what do I know.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Pat Brown called up. What did Beecher do to piss of Monty that he's not even the first call up anymore, cause Brown stinks.
Maybe just a poor coaching decision..........All we heard since Bergeron was gone how important face offs are and they bring up Brown, also the kid played PK and now Brown is ahead of Beecher, maybe Monty just wants to slow the game down.

Early on I suggested O'Brien, but have watched him recently, I am not impressed.

Reactions: tremha77

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Maybe just a poor coaching decision..........All we heard since Bergeron was gone how important face offs are and they bring up Brown, also the kid played PK and now Brown is ahead of Beecher, maybe Monty just wants to slow the game down.

Early on I suggested O'Brien, but have watched him recently, I am not impressed.
Providence plays 2 more games this weekend and 2 more next weekend.
Boston has 1 game today and nothing until Feb 6.
It would be silly to bring Beecher up for 1 game.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
I like Tippett but DeBrusk significantly better player

Well I’m Jake agent I am looking at 7-7.5 M
DeBrusk can make that playing for another team, while in Boston he won't make more than March and or perhaps even Coyle.
DeBrusk hasn't put in a full 82 games in a season and as been too inconsistent.
His last raise was from 3.6M to 4M, I think they won't go more than 5M with him.
Sure I could wrong, and it's okay, but I could be right.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
What would you ive up ?
They are suppose to be looking for a first, which I wouldn't do. If they intend to try and keep Swayman and Ullmark I would try Bussi and Merkulov. Really any two Providence guys except Lohrei and Lysell.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They are suppose to be looking for a first, which I wouldn't do. If they intend to try and keep Swayman and Ullmark I would try Bussi and Merkulov. Really any two Providence guys except Lohrei and Lysell.
Ok , here is my thoughts, the talk is Hanifan will be here at the TDL, or offseason. With that in mind that gives you Carlo, Mac, Lindholm, Hanifan that in my mind makes Loheri expendable. Lysell, Mekolov if they can make this team better move them. I would do something like this Lysell or Merko with Loheri and Gryz for X , Anderson with 1 mil retained on Anderson. Now if you need to do a add , I am good with that if it will make it work as long as it is not too crazy. Now I know everyone will rip on the Anderson part but if you had Anderson at 4.5 for 2 years after this season in opinion not bad, and it gives insurance if things do not work out with DeBrusk. Now , shoot holes in it , I can take it ,,,,,hahaha

Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad