Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Ok , here is my thoughts, the talk is Hanifan will be here at the TDL, or offseason. With that in mind that gives you Carlo, Mac, Lindholm, Hanifan that in my mind makes Loheri expendable. Lysell, Mekolov if they can make this team better move them. I would do something like this Lysell or Merko with Loheri and Gryz for X , Anderson with 1 mil retained on Anderson. Now if you need to do an add , I am good with that if it will make it work as long as it is not too crazy. Now I know everyone will rip on the Anderson part but if you had Anderson at 4.5 for 2 years after this season in opinion not bad, and it gives insurance if things do not work out with DeBrusk. Now , shoot holes in it , I can take it ,,,,,hahaha
What if they just sign hanifin in the off-season. Then they can put Lohrei on the bottom pair. Lindholm, Carlo, Hanifin, Mac and Lohrei seems unreal on paper.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Ok , here is my thoughts, the talk is Hanifan will be here at the TDL, or offseason. With that in mind that gives you Carlo, Mac, Lindholm, Hanifan that in my mind makes Loheri expendable. Lysell, Mekolov if they can make this team better move them. I would do something like this Lysell or Merko with Loheri and Gryz for X , Anderson with 1 mil retained on Anderson. Now if you need to do a add , I am good with that if it will make it work as long as it is not too crazy. Now I know everyone will rip on the Anderson part but if you had Anderson at 4.5 for 2 years after this season in opinion not bad, and it gives insurance if things do not work out with DeBrusk. Now , shoot holes in it , I can take it ,,,,,hahaha
The reason I wouldn’t do it is because Josh Anderson isn’t a good hockey player any more.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He scored 27 in 64 in 2022-23 and last 18 games in previous year had 10

37 goals in 82 games did happen

He also scored shortie to put Bruins up game 6 in Florida but unfortunately Monty put Cliffy out there and ……

Yes and I’m sure if we distort different parts of seasons a lot of other players would have better looking stats too.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Debrusk averaged 67 games a year. I don’t care how much he puts up on consecutive games when it takes him almost 1.5 seasons to play 82 games on average.
lol

You are hilarious

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
lol

You are hilarious

Sorry that I factor in health to a players overall value. I know it hurts you to look at the whole picture of a player and not his best 82 game stretch in a 7 season career.

Unfortunately he misses slightly under 20% of possible games in his career.

That is 100% a factor in his value.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's under the assumption San Jose would get exclusive baraining rights and extend him at the # he wants
But I'm asking why would he sign with San Jose, which will be even more of a dumpster fire without Hertl, in the first place, when he can have his choice of where to play including his hometown.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
DeBrusk's career averages

.58 PPG
.30 GPG

Over 82 games, that rounds out to 25 goals / 47 points a year.

I felt out of the draft, Marco Sturm was a reasonable comparable for Jake to hit and it seems production wise, it's pretty similar so far. Two streaky scorers who added speed and goal scoring touch to the top 6.

Reactions: Bodit9 and HustleB

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'm mostly on team stand pat at the deadline, but if they aren't gonna trust Beecher at 4C then you need to trade for one. 4th line depth is just about the only thing you can afford anyway, and you can't go into the playoffs with Brown and Boqvist as your 4C options.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm mostly on team stand pat at the deadline, but if they aren't gonna trust Beecher at 4C then you need to trade for one. 4th line depth is just about the only thing you can afford anyway, and you can't go into the playoffs with Brown and Boqvist as your 4C options.
Bring Nosek back...Problem solved.

Edit: Just saw that he's out indefinitely after foot surgery....Scratch that idea.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
How do we feel about Patrik Laine? Haven’t watched a lot of Columbus but he was super electric in Winnipeg.

Might be fun to add another A++ shooter to the mix

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
How do we feel about Patrik Laine? Haven’t watched a lot of Columbus but he was super electric in Winnipeg.

Might be fun to add another A++ shooter to the mix
too much money, too injury prone. When he's going good he's absolutely electric though so I hope he gets his career back on track, just don't think it makes much sense for it to be here.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
With what we have right now I’m thinking this is probably our best line up.

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
Frederic-Poitras-Heinen
Lauko-Boqvist-Geekie
Steen

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Shattenkirk
Forbort

Reactions: zaYG and Kegs

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I think you mean potential, pedigree is definitely the wrong word here.
By definition I agree pedigree is the wrong word here. However I also believe in sports that it is used to describe a players demonstrated potential. We often say this prospect has the pedigree to become.

One way or another DeBrusk as BlacknGold pointed out DeBrusk has come awfully close twice and over a 30 goal pace multiple times. He is a vet so we should rely on actual outcomres more than “potential”. On the other hand he has continued to grow in front of our eyes, he is still young and he has undeniably suffered more then most during the strangest period of hockey in my 40+ years of watching.

I’m not a betting man but if I were I would bet on this player to have 2 or more 30 goal seasons on his next contract (assuming about 5 years.)

So end of the day we spend a lot of time on semantics but he’s a heck of a player and he continues to grow.

Reactions: PB37

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
Frederic-Poitras-Heinen
Lauko-Boqvist-Geekie
Steen

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Shattenkirk
ForbortYour

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
Frederic-Poitras-Heinen
Lauko-Boqvist-Geekie
Steen

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Shattenkirk
Forbort

Marchand-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pastrnak
Frederic-Poitras-Heinen
Lauko-Boqvist-Geekie
Steen

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Shattenkirk
Forbort
the 4th line you have belong on the third line before Poitras and Heinen, and if that is your defense you have a problem........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad