Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Bruins have success with College free agents, but never seem to… well to be fair, I’m not sure they’re ever really in on some of these dynamic free agents from overseas. So maybe?

Expectation likely is that he goes to one of the usual suspects.

It’s cool that we’re at least part of the conversation to this point
They have a roster spot for him but can they afford the contract? Wortherspoon being a find makes it even easier to try and part with gryz or forbort once and for all. what would be the bruins pro-rated cap space?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd go grab Middleton and Maroon. That makes us a little tougher to play against. Beecher and Poitras can battle for that 4C spot.....maybe even bump Lauko for Beecher so he can take faceoffs for Poitras.

Marchy-Coyle-Pasta
Freddy-Zacha-Debrusk
JVR-Geekie-Heinen
Lauko-Poitras-Maroon
Steen/Beecher

Lindholm-McAvoy
Middleton-Carlo (anyone who goes near Carlo, Middleton beats the tar out of)
Forbort-Shatty
Lohrei-Wortherspoon

Sway
Ullmark
Come playoff time do not be surprised Poitras is upstairs watching........

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins have the third toughest remaining schedule, so the depth will be tested leading all the way up to the playoffs.

Reactions: Ladyfan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Anyone know when this kid would be available to sign and bring over?
I would assume when their season is over, if his contract is up....I know some players have to pass through waivers when they sign mid season, not sure if that would relate to him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sam Carrick in Anaheim. Salary under $1 million. Good on the face off dot. Kills penalties. Play a physical game. Sweeney has a history trading with the team. Would be a good add.

I like Carrick as a 4th line vet center for playoff depth. But he's just average at the dot, running 50 percent for his career.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I wouldn’t object if Sweeney doesn’t add anyone at the trade deadline. No cap space, ride it out.
Me either but there are a few UFA's that he could use to re-stock the cupboard. I can see the following be trade bait: JVR, Boqvist Grizz Steen, and JBD if he isn't signed(which won't happen per Dom T)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Me either but there are a few UFA's that he could use to re-stock the cupboard. I can see the following be trade bait: JVR, Boqvist Grizz Steen, and JBD if he isn't signed(which won't happen per Dom T)
I’d actually prefer if Sweeney resigned JVR to another short/ cheap deal. He’s also valuable to Boston for the playoff run. I wouldn’t trade away anyone either. Keep them all and make a run. Head into offseason with plenty of cap space.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Anyone know when this kid would be available to sign and bring over?
KHL season ends at the end of February. The guy who painfully needs to buy a vowel plays for Spartak, which is somewhat likely to make the playoffs, which would likely put the kibosh on adding him for Boston's stretch run.

I'd imagine he'd be a 2025 season signing if he's heading here.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

now, for me, scouts are at damn near every game. What will interest me is if an Assist GM or Head of Player Personnel is in the stands.

Monahan

I can't see the Sens moving Pinto now

Btw to the "never are trades in the division" crowd, why send a scout to Montreal-Ottawa?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Bruins have success with College free agents, but never seem to… well to be fair, I’m not sure they’re ever really in on some of these dynamic free agents from overseas. So maybe?

Expectation likely is that he goes to one of the usual suspects.

It’s cool that we’re at least part of the conversation to this point
Rangers will give him the invite and jumbotron welcome with famous people telling him how great NY is. Worked for Vesey....

Would be nice if we could catch Psyduck though.

Looking forward to a TDL of a signed JDB and Sway.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
This team as constructed is not tough enough for the playoffs, they also currently employ Matt Grzelcyk and if you are planning on making a deep playoff run he should not be on the team. I do not expect Sweeney to add a number 1 center or top 4 D but he can add a physical D to replace Grzelcyk and a physical, big bottom six forward who can replace Boqvist or Steen.

Standing pat will not make them a contender as Florida, Philadelphia and Carolina would be terrible playoff match ups. All much to physical for the Bruins, beating those teams in December is a lot different than beating them in April or May.

I am hoping for tweaks to the line up to make them more playoff ready, IE tougher to play against.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This team as constructed is not tough enough for the playoffs, they also currently employ Matt Grzelcyk and if you are planning on making a deep playoff run he should not be on the team. I do not expect Sweeney to add a number 1 center or top 4 D but he can add a physical D to replace Grzelcyk and a physical, big bottom six forward who can replace Boqvist or Steen.

Standing pat will not make them a contender as Florida, Philadelphia and Carolina would be terrible playoff match ups. All much to physical for the Bruins, beating those teams in December is a lot different than beating them in April or May.

I am hoping for tweaks to the line up to make them more playoff ready, IE tougher to play against.

Thing is if you were this wrong about Heinen, how can we trust you on toughness?

How do you earn this trust back?

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I wouldn’t object if Sweeney doesn’t add anyone at the trade deadline. No cap space, ride it out.
Agree. Wouldn't be shocked to see them add some cheap vet depth, but I don't see them going big game hunting. Unless of course the perfect deal falls in their lap like Hall did a few years ago.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad