Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
with lindholm gone.
im hoping we go hard after middleton and gudas.
any other decent centers out there we can go after?
maybe dowd from wsh?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I’m as big a fan of bringing in sandpaper as anyone and I want Radko Gudas nowhere near a bruins uniform

Why not give me Mike Ribeiro and Patrick Kaleta too

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hmm.

Ice a fourth line of wanna B's and a rook. That will work.

Bo is a vet and that helps settle things down. But don't blame John Beecher. He did everything asked of him, playing with different linemates.

He wasn't perfect. He's a rookie. What do you expect?

Beecher is a responsible, NHL ready 4C. No, he doesn't have hands. Neither did Daniel Paille, or a lot of fourth line guys I could mention.

I like Beecher a lot, always have. He'll force his way back to the big team. But I think Boqvist is a big part of why the 4th line has been playing better of late. We do miss Beecher's faceoff prowess.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I like Beecher a lot, always have. He'll force his way back to the big team. But I think Boqvist is a big part of why the 4th line has been playing better of late. We do miss Beecher's faceoff prowess.
I am not sure I can word this correctly .Beecher will be part of the playoff run. He is a boarder line NHL player caught up in the business side of hockey . Every team is trying to ice the best team possible but at the same time banking cap space and protecting the assets they have(players) . Beecher can still be sent down with no ramifications. Beecher and Lohri come playoff time will be in Boston

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am not sure I can word this correctly .Beecher will be part of the playoff run. He is a boarder line NHL player caught up in the business side of hockey . Every team is trying to ice the best team possible but at the same time banking cap space and protecting the assets they have(players) . Beecher can still be sent down with no ramifications. Beecher and Lohri come playoff time will be in Boston

It's even more than that. They simply do not have the cap room to call Beecher up if they wanted to. He is too expensive by like 60 K.

Without a waiver or a LTIR they can only call up a player who is under 862.5K I believe

Reactions: CDJ and bme44

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
"Beecher and Lohrei come playoff time will be in Boston"
This. 100% correct. Cap considerations aside, if Gryz is on the 1st pair with McAvoy in the playoffs, the Bruins are in trouble. GRYZ IS A 3RD PAIR D-MAN.

Nothing wrong with Beecher and Lohrei spending some time in P-Town and working on their games. Maybe Beech can work on his hands. Big guys take longer to mature. Both Lohrei and Beech have size in spades. They need to learn how to use it. Look at Frederic this year!

They are both rookies. Cam Neely got traded to the Bruins before he matured.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
On this board the other day I was told the other day Merkulov >monahan

If monahan returned a 1st and a 3rd I wonder what merkulov could get the bruins haha
Who said that ? The person clearly doesn’t know hockey

Aside - I would take Middleton (obviously) and Maroon

People may hate Maroon idea but he looked lean and had no problem keeping up with play when Wild here

we got Hathaway I’ll take Maroon

Agree ? Disagree ?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

People may hate Maroon idea but he looked lean and had no problem keeping up with play when Wild here

Agree ? Disagree ?
I don't hate it......

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Agree ? Disagree ?
I’d rather pry my own fingernails off with an oyster knife than root for Fat Pat.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
He’s big & soft ? Hmmm…..thank you for this. I had no idea

This Lori guy ? What’s a something? Is he soft I have no idea what I’m watching
Both, Hanifin and Lohrei are non physical D...very shy on this side of the game

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Both, Hanifin and Lohrei are non physical D...very shy on this side of the game
They are on Middleton and should be

But they can only get one and I’d get Hanifin

I know it’s not popular but OBrien is a psycho and would be a great pick up

I got him on my SIM team so anytime I’m watching Arizona (my only guy on that team) I’m looking for him and he’s a pain in the ass runs the best players and reminds me of a rodeo rider/stunt man

Maroon would fit because he’s been around great players and fit well and knows how to do it

I’m Donny major run at Hanifin and grab OBrien

If not Wild got Middleton & Maroon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad