Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
David Pagotta ( not even sure if he has credibility) writing stuff that 3 teams engaged on Hanifin.Not sure how Bruins could pull this off with their cap situation and draft picks available but the poll they took for best fit had Bruins out in front at least lol.
1706821610527.png

• Wow
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
IMO, it was more quantity over quality.

- Kuzmenko, a struggling 27 year old winger
- 1st round pick
- Two recent 3rd round picks
- conditional 4th

seems like a bunch of scratch tickets to me
Kuzmenko scored 39 goals 74 points* last season. Only Bruin to outscore him last season was Pastrnak.

Brzustewicz looking to be a sneaky good 3rd round pick right now. Add in a 1st (albeit late round) another prospect & pick. All for a pending UFA whom rumors suggest had minimal interest in resigning in Calgary.

What is the Bruins equivalent package?

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Kuzmenko scored 39 goals 74 assists last season. Only Bruin to outscore him last season was Pastrnak.

Brzustewicz looking to be a sneaky good 3rd round pick right now. Add in a 1st (albeit late round) another prospect & pick. All for a pending UFA whom rumors suggest he had minimal interest in resigning in Calgary.

He had 35 assists. 74 points. He shot 27% and half his goals were deflections and tap ins. He has 8 goals and 21 points this year. No Canucks fans are lamenting his departure. He was a cap dump.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Kuzmenko scored 39 goals 74 assists last season. Only Bruin to outscore him last season was Pastrnak.

Brzustewicz looking to be a sneaky good 3rd round pick right now. Add in a 1st (albeit late round) another prospect & pick. All for a pending UFA whom rumors suggest he had minimal interest in resigning in Calgary.

Probably something like a 2025 1st, Debrusk, Jellvik, Brunet and a 2024th 4th round pick.
Without giving up Poitras or Lohrei, that's probably a little less than Vancouver's offer.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yes I agree. Somebody to replace Lucic is what we need. Preferably someone with a little skill, but even a Maroon would be fine imo.

I'm glad Lindholm got moved so we don't have to hear him in discussions here up to deadline.

I really don't see us making any major moves. I think NOT trading DeBrusk can be seen as this year's deadline move as he's a free agent pending. We might upgrade a bottom end guy but that's about it unless there's a last minute bargain where some team discounts a guy they asked too much for initially. That could happen.
So you're ok keeping Jake with no deal in place and watching him walk away in the summer? Now that's not saying he will but it definitely is the GM losing control over the situation and in buisness when the employee holds the cards he gets paid.Been in the union a long time ,so I know these things :sarcasm:

Reactions: Secord and Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Probably something like a 2025 1st, Debrusk, Jellvik, Brunet and a 2024th 4th round pick.
Without giving up Poitras or Lohrei, that's probably a little less than Vancouver's offer.
Ty Anderson suggests the Bruins comp would be DeBrusk, Lohrei & the picks. Too rich for my blood. I’d take the shot at him in the off season. And let’s not pretend Elias Lindholm hasn’t struggled this season. DeBrusk I have no issue moving for in a package for an upgrade

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ty Anderson suggests the Bruins comp would be DeBrusk, Lohrei & the picks. Too rich for my blood. I’d take the shot at him in the off season. And let’s not pretend Elias Lindholm hasn’t struggled this season. DeBrusk I have no issue moving for in a package for an upgrade
I would wait till off season as well with how thin things are.Lindholm lit it up when he was with Gaudreau & Tkachuk but after they left he could not do it with what's left there.Still a solid player though and Canucks got better.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
IMO, it was more quantity over quality.

- Kuzmenko, a struggling 27 year old winger
- 1st round pick
- Two recent 3rd round picks
- conditional 4th

seems like a bunch of scratch tickets to me

Yeah, but Kuzmenko and Brzwhatever are one of those more expensive scratch tickets with a bigger payout. Low floor on the prospect and a lot of uncertainty, but also putting up points at a rate higher than a lot of guys who turned into top pairing d-men. Kuzmenko obviously struggled with the new system and got in the dog house, but even if he doesn't shoot at a crazy high percentage for ever, there is a guy who can pot 25 in there possibly.

Bruins don't really have those kind of scratch tickets to give away right now. The Bruins prospects have a higher floor so they have more value, and Jake is way way more of a two way player and better.

David Pagotta ( not even sure if he has credibility) writing stuff that 3 teams engaged on Hanifin.Not sure how Bruins could pull this off with their cap situation and draft picks available but the poll they took for best fit had Bruins out in front at least lol.View attachment 813693

I’d wager that just means there are more Bruins fans :)

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Lindholm was a product of the players he played with. I'm sure the points will clime back up playing with more talented players.

Thank god the Bruins didn't want this guy badly enough to grossly over pay. Canucks are all in and it shows with the amount of assets they gave up.

If we are not signing Jake let an all in team grossly over pay for him.

Yeah, but Kuzmenko and Brzwhatever are one of those more expensive scratch tickets with a bigger payout. Low floor on the prospect and a lot of uncertainty, but also putting up points at a rate higher than a lot of guys who turned into top pairing d-men. Kuzmenko obviously struggled with the new system and got in the dog house, but even if he doesn't shoot at a crazy high percentage for ever, there is a guy who can pot 25 in there possibly.

Bruins don't really have those kind of scratch tickets to give away right now. The Bruins prospects have a higher floor so they have more value, and Jake is way way more of a two way player and better.

I’d wager that just means there are more Bruins fans :)
Pagotta = another blow hard

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Kuzmenko scored 39 goals 74 points* last season. Only Bruin to outscore him last season was Pastrnak.

Brzustewicz looking to be a sneaky good 3rd round pick right now. Add in a 1st (albeit late round) another prospect & pick. All for a pending UFA whom rumors suggest had minimal interest in resigning in Calgary.

Kuz had an awesome 1st year then struggled this year. There's also the chance he goes back home after next season, especially if he can't improve on his already high salary. I know people are pointing at DeBrusk as a potential comp but I think DeBrusk is a more proven commodity while at the same age.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Forward/wise the Bruins don’t need anything now and probably off season

They got enough centers, wingers, vets, and prospects/youth like Lysell. Merk, and of course Poitras & Beecher. I see Kunter being a heck of a bottom 6 winger and Farinacci can skate and looks the part

To me it’s Hanifin, however, Lohrei has that Al Iafrate offensive game to me but it will be less reckless as is required

I understand if they don’t get Hanifin because I see lohrei a top four likely very good one

They got Regula got third pair RD

Third pair tough LD is it

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Still on the Nic Dowd for our bottom 6 train. Won’t cost a ton. We need the face offs. The. Call the Wild about any of Mojo, Middleton and Maroon. I think those are the kind of moves we will see.
Middleton and Maroon. I'd do it. Middleton in particular.

Still think the best time, if they do in fact want him, is free agency for Hanifin.

That assumes the Flames won't deal him prior, but yes, if possible, that's what I would do.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Lohrei should be ready for at least 2nd pairing by next year. If not, then we're maybe overrating the kid a bit. He is 23, will be 24 mid-season next season. Carlo was doing it at 20 years old.

Lohrei is already there offensively, but he has a very long way to go defensively before he’s given 2nd pairing minutes.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

I don't know the player but was very surprised to read this. They moved a 39 goal scorer (I think he had 70 points)?

This isn't the same Canucks club I've seen in the past. Rutherford is a crafty bugger.

I got to know him when he played for the Wings in the 70s,

1706828069291.png

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins - Canucks Final could be tough

Tocchet isn’t a candy ass and would never tolerate his players to cry

Sweensation probably should grab Hanifin or Middleton/Maroon

Preview of finals in a week

Which is a bit concerning to me. Age-wise and draft position, he should be there. I'd honestly use Lohrei as a trade piece.
No bleeping way

Sweeney deals him I want him fired

This is same stuff posted about Marchand in 2010 on this site

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Which is a bit concerning to me. Age-wise and draft position, he should be there. I'd honestly use Lohrei as a trade piece.

He was still pretty raw when he was drafted as a 19-year old. They knew it would take some time. Reality is by making NHL appearances this year, he's probably ahead of the schedule they first envisioned for him.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Middleton and Maroon. I'd do it. Middleton in particular.

That assumes the Flames won't deal him prior, but yes, if possible, that's what I would do.
In fairness he could be dealt and still hit free agency.

He also may not, I personally wouldn’t be willing to give up a haul to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad