Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I do think that if he isn’t signed by the deadline you should find out what his ask would be to re-up in Calgary and if Calgary would be down with it. That makes a Hanifin trade more possible, obviously with Boston adding something else.

But I dunno how you sell DeBrusk at the TDL and no get worse otherwise.

Their fans view him as the next captain.

After maybe Cooley, Crouse would likely be their most untouchable player.

Reactions: Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
With the haul CGY acquired for Lindholm I’d assume they’ll be looking for another home run return for Hanifin
Lindholm was the best forward available and cost 1st + a good prospect + conditional 4th + a cap dump.

If the same goes for Hanifin as the best defenseman available I'd imagine that the package from the bruins would be something like one of Lysell/Lohrei/Poitras + 2025 1st + Gryz + conditional 4th. They got a defensive prospect back for Lindholm, so I'd think they'd be asking for one of Lysell or Poitras.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
I'd like a LW for Pasta that can score some goals and set him up. Then a LD, obviously Hanifin would be #1 on my list.

___ - Zacha - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Debrusk

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Right. That’s the steady state. Im looking at that 1LD as the most important place for the Bruins to improve. But dealing Grizz and playing any of these guys with THUMP or whatever means Wotherspoon or Lohrei playing 1LD or 2LD, which doesn’t seem ideal. With Wotherspoon and Forbort we have the bottom pair LD and RD depth covered. Upgrading them is a different conversation.

You can’t play Gudas or whoever with McAvoy and feel good about it. Im not even sure Middleton is a guy you want playing 25 minutes a game in the playoffs against top lines, or a guy to pair with Carlo.
Gryz rarely touched ATOI of 20 minutes in playoffs...why would Middleton have to play 25?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Why do people think just because it's Arizona they are looking to give good players away? Like somehow they are always in a rebuilding mode just itching to move out established players for lottery tickets.

Crouse is 2nd in goals (19), 3rd in pts (29), 2nd in shots and 2nd in hits on the team. 26 years old and signed for 3 more years at a really nice number for what he brings (4.3 AAV). Team is still in the mix for a WC spot. He's a valuable commodity.

I agree…but I also look at it a little differently.

IMO, that is a guy you overpay for. Not saying give them the farm, but TBH, I’d give Lysell, and Lohrei (provided they’re planning on getting Hanifan in the summer).

Sure, they might both end up being very, very good players…but Crouse is already a good player, who brings an element that this team should covet.

IMO there is as good a chance that Lysell is the next Spooner or Khochlachev, as there is he ever scores 20 in the NHL.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree…but I also look at it a little differently.

IMO, that is a guy you overpay for. Not saying give them the farm, but TBH, I’d give Lysell, and Lohrei (provided they’re planning on getting Hanifan in the summer).

Sure, they might both end up being very, very good players…but Crouse is already a good player, who brings an element that this team should covet.

IMO there is as good a chance that Lysell is the next Spooner or Khochlachev, as there is he ever scores 20 in the NHL.

I agree that because of his uniqueness and rare skillset. If a guy like that, in his prime, becomes available it's no time for some el' cheapo trade offer. Break out the big guns if that is what it takes.

All that being said, Crouse to me is a total pipe dream now. 3 years ago it was probably doable but now, almost zero chance.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Lindholm was the best forward available and cost 1st + a good prospect + conditional 4th + a cap dump.

If the same goes for Hanifin as the best defenseman available I'd imagine that the package from the bruins would be something like one of Lysell/Lohrei/Poitras + 2025 1st + Gryz + conditional 4th. They got a defensive prospect back for Lindholm, so I'd think they'd be asking for one of Lysell or Poitras.
More like a top 6 forward, a 1st, a B level prospect, a C level prospect and a conditional 4th.

Kuzmenko scored 39g last year...so, I wouldn't call him a cap dump.

It's quite a haul.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
More like a top 6 forward, a 1st, a B level prospect, a C level prospect and a conditional 4th.

Kuzmenko scored 39g last year...so, I wouldn't call him a cap dump.

It's quite a haul.
He was a cap dump for sure. He shot 27% last year and has come way down to earth. He’s due $5.5M next year.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I agree that because of his uniqueness and rare skillset. If a guy like that, in his prime, becomes available it's no time for some el' cheapo trade offer. Break out the big guns if that is what it takes.

All that being said, Crouse to me is a total pipe dream now. 3 years ago it was probably doable but now, almost zero chance.
Amen. Dude has that whole "knows when to be a total prick" factor that Boston so desperately needs.

Not gonna happen though

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He was a cap dump for sure. He shot 27% last year and has come way down to earth. He’s due $5.5M next year.
He was definitely a cap dump.

But I do think that Conroy believes that Kuzmenko’s reality lies somewhere in between how well he scored last season and how little he’s scored this year. I think he's hoping that he could gel with Huberdeau.

It's a cap dump for the Canucks. And a calculated bet for the Flames.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Amen. Dude has that whole "knows when to be a total prick" factor that Boston so desperately needs.

Not gonna happen though
Crouse and Freddy have the exact same amount of points right now despite Freddy getting less special teams time across the board. Freddy also hits more frequently then Crouse, fights more frequently then Crouse, and outproduces him at 5v5.

I like Crouse a lot, but Freddy is turning into that guy right in front of your eyes, so why give up a haul for him IMO.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Not gonna happen though
We have Lawson Crouse. His name is Trent Frederic.

Frederic fights way more often than Crouse.

Crouse has the same amount of hits than Frederic in 3:20 seconds more ice time per game.

Crouse gets 1:30 per game of PP time. Frederic gets virtually none.

They have the same amount of points.

When you factor in the playing time difference, Frederic is the more productive player.

EDIT: whoops sorry Dugg

Reactions: HustleB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Could we afford Radko Gudas? Guy is 33 and pacing his best season of his career. Playing on a terrible Anaheim team and is almost a +20. Would be an excellent Gryz replacement and be the physical force we've been wanting.

Could they even get Gudas?

He has a full no trade. Just signed there in the off-season for 3 years. He was well aware of where Anaheim were to with their program before he agreed to sign. He's 3rd on their team amongst D-men in minutes so he's getting more there than he has in years. Never say never but I'd be surprised if he was willing to waive his NTC to come and play 3rd pair RD in Boston.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Could they even get Gudas?

He has a full no trade. Just signed there in the off-season for 3 years. He was well aware of where Anaheim were to with their program before he agreed to sign. He's 3rd on their team amongst D-men in minutes so he's getting more there than he has in years. Never say never but I'd be surprised if he was willing to waive his NTC to come and play 3rd pair RD in Boston.
yeah I think Gudas signed for a rebuilding team in a non hockey market for a reason, especially considering he probably could've picked his destination after that playoff run last year. I bet he's happy making good money out of the spotlight.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
yeah I think Gudas signed for a rebuilding team in a non hockey market for a reason, especially considering he probably could've picked his destination after that playoff run last year. I bet he's happy making good money out of the spotlight.

The warmer weather probably doesn't hurt either. Came from Florida and played in TB earlier in his career.

Like you said, if winning a cup was his primary desire, he probably doesn't end up in Anaheim last season given the increased profile he had coming out of last year's playoffs. There had to be contenders who were interested in him.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
He was definitely a cap dump.

But I do think that Conroy believes that Kuzmenko’s reality lies somewhere in between how well he scored last season and how little he’s scored this year. I think he's hoping that he could gel with Huberdeau.

It's a cap dump for the Canucks. And a calculated bet for the Flames.

Can you imagine if he doesn't? That would be what, $16M for two guys not producing on that line- I guess it doesn't matter that much if they're actually going to rebuild

Also on another note, Brzustewicz may be a recent 3rd rounder but that's a pickup for the flames with huge upside... guy has 69 points (nice) in 47 games with a +30 as a D man in the OHL this year. Combine that with a late 1st, a cap dump that does have scoring upside, and a few lower grade prospects and It seems like a win/win trade in my eyes. Especially since the flames knew lindholm would walk. Will see how it plays out but I like it on paper for both teams

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
IMO, it was more quantity over quality.

- Kuzmenko, a struggling 27 year old winger
- 1st round pick
- Two recent 3rd round picks
- conditional 4th

seems like a bunch of scratch tickets to me
the struggling guy who almost scored 40 last year and hasn't gotten along with the new coach?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Agreed.

I have to learn to temper my deadline excitement level.

😂

Crouse and Freddy have the exact same amount of points right now despite Freddy getting less special teams time across the board. Freddy also hits more frequently then Crouse, fights more frequently then Crouse, and outproduces him at 5v5.

I like Crouse a lot, but Freddy is turning into that guy right in front of your eyes, so why give up a haul for him IMO.

Because I want 8 of them.

😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad