Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If the Kraken fall farther out of the playoff race Jamie Oleksiak is at the top of my list right now tbh. Seravelli said he could be made available and he'd be a big upgrade to our top 4:

1706814299889.png

Along with being 6'7" 260lbs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yes....when I logged on today I thought to myself, f*** it, its Arizona, let's grab one of their good players because they play in front of 6000 fans and are constantly rebuilding!

There are limited teams with what the Bruins need upfront,, a Milan Lucic type power forward in his prime. Tom Wilson, his contract is gross. Marcus Foligno, sure would love him but think he makes too much for what he brings offensively. Pat Maroon, good for the 4th line but doesn't address the top 6 like I'd want. Crouse? Checks all the boxes. Would Arizona deal him, most likely not, and Lysell probably doesn't entice them enough. Would Lysell and a 2025 1st do it? Who knows. But to correct you, I didn't handpick Arizona for any reason other than they have the player with the unique skillset I want for this team.
Arizona is not dealing him, but if they did I would give up, Lysell ,and Loheri and even add if necessary..........Crouse is worth going that extra. This would be especially more enticing if they could sign a Hanifin in July.......They always said I was a "dreamer"

Reactions: Dizzay and Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Arizona is not dealing him, but if they did I would give up, Lysell ,and Loheri and even add if necessary..........Crouse is worth going that extra. This would be especially more enticing if they could sign a Hanifin in July.......They always said I was a "dreamer"
jesus christ

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Would anyone be willing to take a chance on Adam Boqvist? Signed cheap through next year as well. Maybe getting out of that Columbus hellhole and into a real system could unlock some potential. No idea what it would cost.

Also agree that it’s a Stempniak year. Say hello to Kevin LeBanc!!!

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Tomas Tatar wouldn't be a bad grab. Was acquired by the Kraken for a 5th rounder earlier this season after a slow start for the Avs. Hes been great for them. Could probably get him for a 3rd if the Kraken keep slipping in the next month or so.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Still on the Nic Dowd for our bottom 6 train. Won’t cost a ton. We need the face offs. The. Call the Wild about any of Mojo, Middleton and Maroon. I think those are the kind of moves we will see.
Yes I agree. Somebody to replace Lucic is what we need. Preferably someone with a little skill, but even a Maroon would be fine imo.

I'm glad Lindholm got moved so we don't have to hear him in discussions here up to deadline.

I really don't see us making any major moves. I think NOT trading DeBrusk can be seen as this year's deadline move as he's a free agent pending. We might upgrade a bottom end guy but that's about it unless there's a last minute bargain where some team discounts a guy they asked too much for initially. That could happen.

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
the struggling guy who almost scored 40 last year and hasn't gotten along with the new coach?

Yes, he's the same guy that led the NHL in S% last year at a freakish 27.3%, while netting 35% of his goals on the PP. This year his S% is more realistic at 12.7%, though he's still around that 35% range for % of goals that come on the PP.

He's also a UFA after next season and if his production is similar to this season (thus far) he likely gets more to play back in Russia.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
They need to find a guy to play top 4 next season anyway so that Lohrei isn't forced into a role he's not ready for. Hanifin is obviously the big fish, but Oleksiak at 4.6mil isn't the worst option there either IMO.
I don't see Oleksiak playing top pair with McAvoy. And an Oleksiak-Carlo pair sounds like an adventure trying to move the puck up.

And I wouldn't want to pay 4.6 for a 3rd pairing dman.

IMO of course.

Reactions: wintersej

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He was a cap dump for sure. He shot 27% last year and has come way down to earth. He’s due $5.5M next year.
You don't score that many goals by accident. Vancouver is doing him a big favor giving him a change of scenery.

Hes producing in line with Jake DeBrusk despite being way down they could extend him for the same money and wind up with a 50 goal scorer easily.

Lindholm was refusing to resign and forcing his way out of town thats a huge haul. Calgary is a team and franchise that is getting turned down by a lot of guys their options are limited.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
They need to find a guy to play top 4 next season anyway so that Lohrei isn't forced into a role he's not ready for. Hanifin is obviously the big fish, but Oleksiak at 4.6mil isn't the worst option there either IMO.
Lohrei should be ready for at least 2nd pairing by next year. If not, then we're maybe overrating the kid a bit. He is 23, will be 24 mid-season next season. Carlo was doing it at 20 years old.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
You don't score that many goals by accident. Vancouver is doing him a big favor giving him a change of scenery.

Hes producing in line with Jake DeBrusk despite being way down they could extend him for the same money and wind up with a 50 goal scorer easily.

Lindholm was refusing to resign and forcing his way out of town thats a huge haul. Calgary is a team and franchise that is getting turned down by a lot of guys their options are limited.

RE: 50. I wouldn't go quite that far. Kuzmenko's 2022-23 production WAS unsustainable - as is his jarring drop-off this year, Regardless, given his trajectory in the KHL before coming over, his strong underlying stats, and his profile as a purely offensive forward- and ideally a PP1 threat, he should be able to give CGY 25-30 goals. At 5,5m for another year, that's fine. Keep in mind, Lindholm is a UFA who has also struggled this year. Should be interesting to track how these players do in new arenas.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Lohrei should be ready for at least 2nd pairing by next year. If not, then we're maybe overrating the kid a bit. He is 23, will be 24 mid-season next season. Carlo was doing it at 20 years old.
Doubtfully a guy in the AHL will be penciled in as a second pairing guy as early as NEXT season.

If they sign Hanifin like some folks are saying Lohrei will be playing in another organization in my view

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Loehri has not played the position that long d=man takes time to develop

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just a reminder when we drool over who to get, basically any deal they make has to be dollar in dollar out equal. (they could absorb a couple hundred K maybe)

So like any deal for oleksiak type, would require a Gyz level contract to go and maybe still require some retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad