Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
No bleeping way

Sweeney deals him I want him fired

This is same stuff posted about Marchand in 2010 on this site
Marchand was already scoring 20+ goals and winning a Stanley Cup by 22 years old. I don't know, guess we can play the waiting game with Lohrei and he'll be ready by his age 25/26 year.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Marchand was already scoring 20+ goals and winning a Stanley Cup by 22 years old. I don't know, guess we can play the waiting game with Lohrei and he'll be ready by his age 25/26 year.
Now compare Tim Thomas's (1994 217th overall pick Quebec Nordiques) when he broke in as a "rookie" with the Bruins at age 26 IIRC, and who won the Cup at age 28.
To: Evgeni Ryabchikov who was drafted in the first round of the 1994 draft by the Bruins (21st overall). No NHL career to speak of, like, at all.
Even if he's 25 by the time he's a full time NHL Dman, I'll take it.
You can't teach what he has, offensive acumen, good skater, and if/when he fills out, a monster.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Maybe they take a shot at him but the Bruins really only need a third pair LD who is a tough hombre/ good defender

Lysell is trending to being a top 6 or 9 RW

Regula they really like (and should) and he is big and he can be a regular rotation on PK

Regula is a good possibility to show up unheralded like McQuaid & Boychuk did - two big boys Sweeney went after from other organizations who were second rounders wallowing in other orgs buried

Regula was a star in London and relatively high pick

The Bruins are loaded with centers but Poitras is the one who projects as a point producing creative guy

In a couple years Poitras could be a star so I don’t see him traded

Other then getting a McQuaid/Kevan Miller type to play third LD short & long term they are set up well for years

I love Hanifin but Lohrei I expect to be very good top 4 and getting Hanifin eliminates that
This is why you’re the Bergeron of HF

• Haha
Reactions: Sevendust

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

With very few exceptions, mid-draft defensemen take longer to develop. Johnny Boychuk was 26 when he finally made the big club. McQuaid was 25.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Bruins - Canucks Final could be tough

Tocchet isn’t a candy ass and would never tolerate his players to cry

Sweensation probably should grab Hanifin or Middleton/Maroon

Preview of finals in a week

No bleeping way

Minnesota has no reason to give up Middleton unless they get a haul. Bill Guerin wild gm is trying to add on D. They aren't trading a cheap d player and 2nd pair dman for nothing

Reactions: G Backup

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Comparing Brad Marchand to Mason Lohrei? Two entirely different players, different positions, different personalities, different skills, different everything.

No.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Yes please.
Not happening.

As noted by others, RD did not sign for three years in ANA unaware of where the club was developmentally. He took the dough, he took the sun, he took a market with little use or enthusiasm for hockey.

He made his choice.

PS I don't want his ass on my team anyway. Even if he does have a matinee idol name.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
If you’re projecting moving Grizz out and getting a third pair guy in, who are you playing with McAvoy? That has to be part of the equation. If it’s Lindholm in your eyes, then you also need to consider who plays with Carlo considering he’s not exactly a transition guy who can move the puck up the ice.
I would think Lohrei fills in one of those spots. Eventhough this puts Lohrei in the top 4 I believe Gudas plays more minutes much like when Heinen plays on the 4th line and Lauko on the 3rd.

Forbort becomes the 7th d.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I would think Lohrei fills in one of those spots. Eventhough this puts Lohrei in the top 4 I believe Gudas plays more minutes much like when Heinen plays on the 4th line and Lauko on the 3rd.

Forbort becomes the 7th d.
Gudas is a RHD though.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Gudas is a RHD though.
Well that certainly makes it harder. I tried replacing Shatty but Gudas and Forbort would be pretty ugly together I’d think. Could Forbort step up and play with Carlo? I must admit I don’t love that idea. Sure would be easier with a LHD version of Gudas.

I think the way to make it work is to keep Gryz and trade Forbort.

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Gudas

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So you're ok keeping Jake with no deal in place and watching him walk away in the summer? Now that's not saying he will but it definitely is the GM losing control over the situation and in buisness when the employee holds the cards he gets paid.Been in the union a long time ,so I know these things :sarcasm:
No, all I was saying is keeping DeBrusk with no deal in place is the equivalent of a deadline deal where you bring in a pending free agent but in this case you don't have to give any picks and prospects away.
So you could trade DeBrusk for a pick since he didn't sign to your number (whatever that was for Sweeney) and then trade a pick(s) for some other guy that is likely also a free agent like a Bertuzzi last year but why not just keep the guy familiar with the system?
Personally I would not pay Jake a ton of money because he's too streaky and unreliable. Sure, he's playing well lately, but he goes through real dry spells and down periods and I think we could do better unless it's a lower value.
Same for Gryz.

Reactions: Gordoff

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Bruins - Canucks Final could be tough

Tocchet isn’t a candy ass and would never tolerate his players to cry

Sweensation probably should grab Hanifin or Middleton/Maroon

Preview of finals in a week

No bleeping way

Give me Middleton.
I think he would work with McAvoy much better than Gryz. No need to babysit an undersized D in the playoffs anymore.
That would push down Gryz to 3rd pair alongside Forbort and Lohrei.

Instead of Maroon I would rather target Regenda from Ducks.
I wanted him on Bruins 2 years ago before he signed his first 2way ELC with the Ducks.
24 yo, 6'3'' 219lbs versatile LW/RW, plays physical game with good forecheck, can skate, has good net front presence and scoring touch for big guy, not afraid to drop his gloves.
is on expiring contract, should not cost much
Has been stuck in the AHL
15 goals 4 assists in 26 games this season
13 goals 12 assists in 50 games last season
1 goal 2 assists in 14 games for Ducks last season

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Give me Middleton.
I think he would work with McAvoy much better than Gryz. No need to babysit an undersized D in the playoffs anymore.
That would push down Gryz to 3rd pair alongside Forbort and Lohrei.

Instead of Maroon I would rather target Regenda from Ducks.
I wanted him on Bruins 2 years ago before he signed his first 2way ELC with the Ducks.
24 yo, 6'3'' 219lbs versatile LW/RW, plays physical game with good forecheck, can skate, has good net front presence and scoring touch for big guy, not afraid to drop his gloves.
is on expiring contract, should not cost much
Has been stuck in the AHL
15 goals 4 assists in 26 games this season
13 goals 12 assists in 50 games last season
1 goal 2 assists in 14 games for Ducks last season
You might be getting Middleton

Minnesota has no reason to give up Middleton unless they get a haul. Bill Guerin wild gm is trying to add on D. They aren't trading a cheap d player and 2nd pair dman for nothing
Wild defense is deep with prospects - strong on left side

Billy & Donny couple of Andover guys this could be going down

This is how friends roll on the mean streets of Andover

In Donny We trust

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Grizz and Jake saying hi to everyone who's traded them out of town the last two years

Interestingly my twenty something daughter said Jake DeBrusk is very much liked by gals

When I went last month with friends to Bruins event Jake and Carlo seemed to be in demand

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You might be getting Middleton

Wild defense is deep with prospects - strong on left side

Billy & Donny couple of Andover guys this could be going down

This is how friends roll on the mean streets of Andover

In Donny We trust

What’s the Andover connection?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Interestingly my twenty something daughter said Jake DeBrusk is very much liked by gals

When I went last month with friends to Bruins event Jake and Carlo seemed to be in demand
I'm pretty sure this is true with all professional athletes and most famous people. I highly doubt that Steen, Lauko or Boquist have any issues picking up ladies if they are into that kind of thing. Fame makes most regular people act different.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Well that certainly makes it harder. I tried replacing Shatty but Gudas and Forbort would be pretty ugly together I’d think. Could Forbort step up and play with Carlo? I must admit I don’t love that idea. Sure would be easier with a LHD version of Gudas.

I think the way to make it work is to keep Gryz and trade Forbort.

Gryz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Gudas
So Gryz is still playing top pairing, Loheri is in Providence, Gudas adds to the cap, and your d got older....nice.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
So Gryz is still playing top pairing, Loheri is in Providence, Gudas adds to the cap, and your d got older....nice.
I had my d lines posted right there. Lohrei was third pair. Gudas and Forbort were offsetting, I understand we still need to find another million, but I really wasn't getting that specific, just throwing out an idea. Still, odd that you would complain about Lohrei who is listed on my d pairs in the post you quoted.

I am a fan of your posting, but consider me confused. :huh:

After rereading my own post, I see that I was thinking out loud and therefore created the confusion myself! Carry on please. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Hookslide

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I had my d lines posted right there. Lohrei was third pair. Gudas and Forbort were offsetting, I understand we still need to find another million, but I really wasn't getting that specific, just throwing out an idea. Still, odd that you would complain about Lohrei who is listed on my d pairs in the post you quoted.

I am a fan of your posting, but consider me confused. :huh:

After rereading my own post, I see that I was thinking out loud and therefore created the confusion myself! Carry on please. :)
I confuse myself quite often.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad