Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Pierre McGuire had mentioned that DeBrusk agent could use Konecny and Batherson as comps

Batherson - 6yr / $4.9 million / 6.1 CH%
Konecny - 6yr / $5.5 million / 6.7 CH%

What would DeBrusk look like based on either of these CH% and an $87.5 million cap?

6yr / $5.3 to $5.8 million

Here's the thing though, both Batherson & Konecny have put up 60+ seasons. Since the '21-'22 season each guy has:

DeBrusk - 188GP / 64G / 117P / 0.62 PGP
Batherson - 174GP / 56G / 144P / 0.82 PGP
Konecny - 189GP / 69G / 155P / 0.82 PGP

The other thing is both of those guys signed those deals when they were going to be RFA's, not UFA's like DeBrusk. With that said I could see DeBrusk getting $6 million a year from someone.
Well whatever happens happens far as salary, but he better not still be a Bruin after that deadline without a deal.

Reactions: Gordoff and ON3M4N

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Any interest in a Poitras for Monahan + trade?

It's hard to tell if the Bruins have interest in upgrading their center spot at the moment. Poitras seems to be in the future plans and the play of their center by committee has payed off more than I think even they were expecting. Coyle and Zacha have been all situation workhorses and Freddy/Geekie have been plug and play centers when needed and have played well.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep Poitras, but if WiFi was included as the + and the Bruins were able to extend Monahan for a couple more years at cheap-ish money, I'd be for it.

JVR -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- DeBrusk

Freddy -- Monahan -- Geekie

Heinen -- Boqvist -- XXXX

Get a hard hitting grinding RW with some size for the 4th line and I think that's a deep group of forwards heading into the playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Poo-ah-trah. He’s not a french player he’s from ontario, I just like the player and thought Monahan could be an upgrade for your run this year.
I’d give up Poitras in a package for a top-6 center. Monahan doesn’t displace Zacha or Coyle so I think it’s a waste of an asset for not a lot of an improvement.

Reactions: bbfan419

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's hard to tell if the Bruins have interest in upgrading their center spot at the moment. Poitras seems to be in the future plans and the play of their center by committee has payed off more than I think even they were expecting. Coyle and Zacha have been all situation workhorses and Freddy/Geekie have been plug and play centers when needed and have played well.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep Poitras, but if WiFi was included as the + and the Bruins were able to extend Monahan for a couple more years at cheap-ish money, I'd be for it.

JVR -- Zacha -- Pasta

Get a hard hitting grinding RW with some size for the 4th line and I think that's a deep group of forwards heading into the playoffs.

Close your laptop and go to bed.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022

JVR -- Zacha -- Pasta

I’d do Poitras for Monahan + Wifi. But that’s where real life kicks in that gms dont trade an enforcer inside division.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Monahan plays on a bad team, so I grant that. And he is big and can win a faceoff.

But he is a one way powerplay merchant.

He has as many even strength points as Danton Heinen and one more than Morgan Geekie. Only three more than Poitras.

That’s not someone I’m giving up good assets for.

Edit: And even pre-injuries in his prime back on Calgary, he was good for around 40 points at even strength. Playing with guys like Gaudreau in 1st line minutes. That’s what Charlie Coyle has been giving from the third line for years and years.

The Bruins aren’t going to re-work their PP to take advantage of Monahan. And he is not an upgrade on what they have at 5 on 5.

Stay away.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Grizz costs them.at least a third for a team to take his salary and Sweeney loves him. Sadly I fully expect him back here next year when he isn't signed by the end of July.

They have no untouchable prospects, it would take a young signed top four D or top 2 center to move Poitras or Lohrei. Merkulov, Lysell and pretty much the rest of Providence can be moved for a forward or D upgrade.

I just don't believe this. Defensemen, even marginal defensemen are gold at deadlines . I have to believe there are teams out there who would want Gryz and give up a pick for him.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I just don't believe this. Defensemen, even marginal defensemen are gold at deadlines . I have to believe there are teams out there who would want Gryz and give up a pick for him.
When the plus minus leader is a healthy scratch in the play-offs, that tells you all you need to know about his value around the league. Plus he has been bad this year.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Any interest in a Poitras for Monahan + trade?
Maybe they take a shot at him but the Bruins really only need a third pair LD who is a tough hombre/ good defender

Lysell is trending to being a top 6 or 9 RW

Regula they really like (and should) and he is big and he can be a regular rotation on PK

Regula is a good possibility to show up unheralded like McQuaid & Boychuk did - two big boys Sweeney went after from other organizations who were second rounders wallowing in other orgs buried

Regula was a star in London and relatively high pick

The Bruins are loaded with centers but Poitras is the one who projects as a point producing creative guy

In a couple years Poitras could be a star so I don’t see him traded

Other then getting a McQuaid/Kevan Miller type to play third LD short & long term they are set up well for years

I love Hanifin but Lohrei I expect to be very good top 4 and getting Hanifin eliminates that

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Gryz + Merkulov + Jackson Edward for Hanifin(50% retained)
Lawson Crouse for Oscar Steen + Fabian Lysell

Marchy-Coyle-Pasta
Crouse-Zacha-Debrusk
JVR-Poitras-Freddy
Heinen-Geekie-Lauko
Boqvist

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Lohrei-Wortherspoon

Swayman
Ullmark

That in my opinion gets us out of the East and a solid chance of beating some of the west powerhouses.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I really hope you are right, that contract for a depth D when guys like Seeler are available for league minimum is a killer.

1706794831584.png

With some exceptions I would take pretty much anybody on this list.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Gryz + Merkulov + Jackson Edward for Hanifin(50% retained)
Lawson Crouse for Oscar Steen + Fabian Lysell

Marchy-Coyle-Pasta
Crouse-Zacha-Debrusk
JVR-Poitras-Freddy
Heinen-Geekie-Lauko
Boqvist

Hanifin-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Lohrei-Wortherspoon

Swayman
Ullmark

That in my opinion gets us out of the East and a solid chance of beating some of the west powerhouses.
Neither deal is anywhere close to what it would take to get the players you want. And we wouldn't be close to cap compliant anyway.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I am like the gal who looks great in jeans or a dress.
Not sure if you are putting this to a vote or not, but if so I would prefer jeans.

I don't want to judge, but I'm not 100% sure I trust you to keep up to speed on the waxing/shaving.

Again, not being judgy. Just honest.

• Haha

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Neither deal is anywhere close to what it would take to get the players you want. And we wouldn't be close to cap compliant anyway.

Why do people think just because it's Arizona they are looking to give good players away? Like somehow they are always in a rebuilding mode just itching to move out established players for lottery tickets.

Crouse is 2nd in goals (19), 3rd in pts (29), 2nd in shots and 2nd in hits on the team. 26 years old and signed for 3 more years at a really nice number for what he brings (4.3 AAV). Team is still in the mix for a WC spot. He's a valuable commodity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad