Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So why do you use full seasons or per 82 games for Debrusk but not for monahan. Why the inconsistency.

It really is amazing watching you jump through hoops to alter stats in favor of Debrusk and do the polar opposite to look at non bruins unfavorably.

Also Debrusk is 124th in points the last 2.5 seasons among forwards that production is well below $6.5-$7.5m AAV people are clamoring for around here. And that’s excluding the bad years you refuse to include. Only includes the years he was lined up with bergy/marchand.
I am like the gal who looks great in jeans or a dress.

I can go 26.4 goals per 82 game season using the 6 full seasons (391 games 126 goals)

Or his 3 recent full seasons (what have you done for me lately) of 27, 25, and 27 and go 27 goal scorer

Doesn’t even include minimal power play time and multiple SHG

26.4 or 27 pretty much the same

I do want to apologize for this - I didn’t realize so many here are enjoying me taking you to the shed

You’re a very passionate fan and I do think you have gotten better since last season

In the end we are both Bruins fans

Reactions: PB37

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I am like the gal who looks great in jeans or a dress.

I can go 26.4 goals per 82 game season using the 6 full seasons (391 games 126 goals)

Or his 3 recent full seasons (what have you done for me lately) of 27, 25, and 27 and go 27 goal scorer

Doesn’t even include minimal power play time and multiple SHG

26.4 or 27 pretty much the same

I do want to apologize for this - I didn’t realize so many here are enjoying me taking you to the shed

You’re a very passionate fan and I do think you have gotten better since last season

In the end we are both Bruins fans

Ok but why do you use full seasons or per 82 games for Debrusk and disregard his half seasons, but then when you talk about monahan you said he averages 9 goals over the last 4 seasons. However you included 2 half season in that.

Shouldn’t we grade all players on the same basis, or does that not fit your narrative?

Why does Monahans stats in a 25 game season count against him but Debrusks 41 game season doesn’t count?

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I don't think that JDB will get that kind of contract!
Reason is that he has shown that he has mental health issues in the past.
Whether it's covid related or not, the stigma is there, sure the NHL and others sports are showing they are sensitive to that issue.
It doesn't mean they won't indirectly hold that against a player, in their next contract.
Would you want to give that kind of contract to player, who may fold under pressure? No
Look at Pasta, a couple of years ago, he lost a child, but he didn't fold under that situation.
I myself have mental health issues over the last few years, with overall health issues and losing family and friends to covid.
I had to retire because of all of that. So I am not insensitive to the issue at all.
He might want to stay in Boston and take 6 and be happy. That is leaving a good amount on the table. I think we have to remember one thing about Jake, he is valuable when not scoring as much. If he signs for a big amount you won’t be getting a player who if not scoring brings nothing to the table. Some one might over pay but he is not likely to be a bust with the style of game he plays.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Per Dom

“The Bruins need Lindholm to be at his best and for that to happen they need to alleviate some of those hard minutes he’s being forced to handle. And if Forbort continues to miss time, the issue is compounded even more. The answer is not within the organization, at least not at this point in time.

That has General Manager Don Sweeney looking around for options. One player-agent has told Dom – Hockey that he has been informed that the Bruins were looking into one of his clients. But Sweeney and assistant GM Evan Gold are going to have to pull off some cap gymnastics to make a deal come to fruition”

sounds like the third deadline in a row they will try to knock Gryz down the pecking order.

Why not just go with him and Mac 5v5? Lindholm and Carlo are fine. Forbort, meh. Shattenkirk meh. Would like to upgrade them.

He might want to stay in Boston and take 6 and be happy. That is leaving a good amount on the table. I think we have to remember one thing about Jake, he is valuable when not scoring as much. If he signs for a big amount you won’t be getting a player who if not scoring brings nothing to the table. Some one might over pay but he is not likely to be a bust with the style of game he plays.
Def think he will be seeking an 8 year deal. Security seems important to him. Maybe they compromise and do something like 7mil aav over 6-7 years.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
sounds like the third deadline in a row they will try to knock Gryz down the pecking order.

Why not just go with him and Mac 5v5? Lindholm and Carlo are fine. Forbort, meh. Shattenkirk meh. Would like to upgrade them.

Def think he will be seeking an 8 year deal. Security seems important to him. Maybe they compromise and do something like 7mil aav over 6-7 years.
Hopefully less but yes I agree

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Donny should do Hanifin or nothing

Screw rentals

Merkulov is better then Monahan I don’t need anything else

They are #1 overall so they can not really improve on that
What? Merk s better than Monahan? Weird take no?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Per Dom

“The Bruins need Lindholm to be at his best and for that to happen they need to alleviate some of those hard minutes he’s being forced to handle. And if Forbort continues to miss time, the issue is compounded even more. The answer is not within the organization, at least not at this point in time.

That has General Manager Don Sweeney looking around for options. One player-agent has told Dom – Hockey that he has been informed that the Bruins were looking into one of his clients. But Sweeney and assistant GM Evan Gold are going to have to pull off some cap gymnastics to make a deal come to fruition”

They need to find a buyer for Gryz. Easier said than done, but what he costs against the cap vs. what he provides on the ice at this stage in his career is brutal for our cap situation. Then find a way to flip him or his return plus other stuff for the defenseman they want.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What? Merk s better than Monahan? Weird take no?
depends who you ask

The HF Boards Trade Thread says Monahan value a third round pick

When I asked the former HF members private text group if they’d trade Merk for a third the replies was no bleeping way

Merkulov a 22 year old All Star point a game AHL or a broken down Monahan averaging a robust 9 goals averaging 15 minutes per game and PP time ?

Give me the 2015-17 Monahan not this edition

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They need to find a buyer for Gryz. Easier said than done, but what he costs against the cap vs. what he provides on the ice at this stage in his career is brutal for our cap situation. Then find a way to flip him or his return plus other stuff for the defenseman they want.

I don’t think it will be a problem to send him back as a dump in a trade for a D. He obviously hasn’t been himself this year, but he has a good track record. A team like Calgary, I assume, would have no problem taking him back in a deal since they only have 2 defensemen signed for next year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You do realize he's under contract for next season right? Extending him is the lowest priority right now. They'll get him done probably before next season starts. I also won't be shocked to learn they already have a handshake agreement in place.

Marchy's a Bruin for life and he'll probably follow Patrice's route of yearly contracts once this one is up.
Year to year is kind of asking too much I hope we throw him a bone and give him 2. Can't go longer with 35+.

He can't resign yet I was just asking what people think happens in the summer. Given the discounts hes given the Bruins its kind of bush if we play hardball and next season starts without a deal.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don't even think Gryz would get claimed if we put him on waivers for reassignment to Providence.

I think he finds a deal around the league minimum 1 way next year but kind of terrified its gonna be from us.

He would have gone in the summer if a 3rd was offered for him but it probably wasn't and we'd have had to eat a third to move him.

Matching that Lindholm deal would have been something like JDB and Poitras. No effing thanks.

Should end the discussion about making a big move this deadline. Just ride out the season as a likely 1 seed and for once in the last 15 years have some flexibility in the summer please. Wish we didn't panic last year at the deadline and add those pukes from Washington.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I not expecting the bruins to do much hopefully keep their future first rounders. I think the only to guys can be moved is Gryz and Jake if the bruins can’t work out a long term deal

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Grizz costs them.at least a third for a team to take his salary and Sweeney loves him. Sadly I fully expect him back here next year when he isn't signed by the end of July.

They have no untouchable prospects, it would take a young signed top four D or top 2 center to move Poitras or Lohrei. Merkulov, Lysell and pretty much the rest of Providence can be moved for a forward or D upgrade.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Grizz costs them.at least a third for a team to take his salary and Sweeney loves him. Sadly I fully expect him back here next year when he isn't signed by the end of July.

They have no untouchable prospects, it would take a young signed top four D or top 2 center to move Poitras or Lohrei. Merkulov, Lysell and pretty much the rest of Providence can be moved for a forward or D upgrade.
Agree completely there is noone we have to move I just want Gryz gone because there is no way Sweeney doesn't give him a deal when no other team shows interest and he can be had for less. Even if he gets abused in the playoffs again it will probably happen.

No other teams are going to give up key players for Poitras or Lohrei nor will we throw them in on rentals just isn't happening.

I wouldn't be in a rush to dump Merkulov or Lysell either just keep them around for next year a guy like McLaughlin went from 30 points in Providence last year to 7 this. Some real crap down in Providence. Even if they don't make the opening roster they are very much worth keeping around since everything else at forward in the system looks brutal. 1 more year of development and S+C could be all that both of them need. Stars? Probably not. Put up a JDB 30 points in 70 games stat line making the minimum instead of 7 mil sure. Hopefully those guys keep us from doing something stupid like resigning Heinen to a multi year deal.

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
It’s pronounced Pottrah and not Potwah, do you still want him? ;)

If the bruins traded Poitras for Monahan I’d be a really sad panda unless that + was like Arber and Juraj lol
Poo-ah-trah. He’s not a french player he’s from ontario, I just like the player and thought Monahan could be an upgrade for your run this year.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad