Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Idk they were crying wolf and didn’t want it included in his stats. So I only used the seasons they wanted included and he was still 124th in the league among forwards in scoring during their preferred stretch.

So even during his best season while paired top tier linemates in bergy and Marchand, he’s still only putting up average 2nd line offensive numbers during that timespan.

He’s 70th in goals from forwards over that same time. So a first line caliber goal scorer.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don't think that JDB will get that kind of contract!
Reason is that he has shown that he has mental health issues in the past.
Whether it's covid related or not, the stigma is there, sure the NHL and others sports are showing they are sensitive to that issue.
It doesn't mean they won't indirectly hold that against a player, in their next contract.
Would you want to give that kind of contract to player, who may fold under pressure? No
Look at Pasta, a couple of years ago, he lost a child, but he didn't fold under that situation.
I myself have mental health issues over the last few years, with overall health issues and losing family and friends to covid.
I had to retire because of all of that. So I am not insensitive to the issue at all.

Grandpa is that you?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I mean that'd be the best defense is the league, it's 5 top four defenseman, maybe 6 if Lohrei takes a leap like we're hoping. Definitely a bit of a pipe dream though.
Tanev at 28 would be fantastic but he’s rental area and Bruins can’t do a rental at what Calgary would want

Leafs make sense

Where Bruins haven’t been able to get over the hump Toronto can’t even get to it

Florida, Toronto, Dallas are 3 teams that make sense

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Interesting takes on Jake. Those player card things everyone seems to bring up here from the Athletic has Jake being worth about 5 mil per season.
Can you share that stat card. I would think it is based on just one year. I know his numbers were depressed for the first half of the season so I am not surprised.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
What do people think Marchand gets this offseason?

Seems like it would be unfair to him to make him play out his last season if he was willing to take something team friendly. 2 years 12 mil? Can't really offer him a long one with the 35+ rule right?
You do realize he's under contract for next season right? Extending him is the lowest priority right now. They'll get him done probably before next season starts. I also won't be shocked to learn they already have a handshake agreement in place.

Marchy's a Bruin for life and he'll probably follow Patrice's route of yearly contracts once this one is up.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
You do realize he's under contract for next season right? Extending him is the lowest priority right now. They'll get him done probably before next season starts. I also won't be shocked to learn they already have a handshake agreement in place.

Marchy's a Bruin for life and he'll probably follow Patrice's route of yearly contracts once this one is up.
Agreed. Better to wait as I think he’ll also do whatever’s in the best interest of the team at that time with the contract structure and give us the best chance to win. He has absolutely no obligation to do so as he’s taken discounts his entire career, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Agreed. Better to wait as I think he’ll also do whatever’s in the best interest of the team at that time with the contract structure and give us the best chance to win. He has absolutely no obligation to do so as he’s taken discounts his entire career, but I wouldn’t be surprised.
Spot on. They need to decide on DeBrusk and then work to lock up Sway. Once they do that, they’ll make decisions on guys like Heinen and JVR ect.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Hanifin is a left side D.

Not saying Tanev is the right move. But this team definitely needs a veteran lock down D for the right side D to pair with Lohrei.

You’re suggesting Lohrei won’t be ready for 3rd pairing left D next season????
I am not sure that he is, he does show that at some point he could be a solid d-man, but I am not sure that he will fill that role next year.

Reactions: bbfan419

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
This point isn't mentioned enough when talking JDB extensions.
which is why they need to just get something done in season. He wants to stay, you kinda need him to stay, and with the cap going up so drastically in the next 2 seasons there's really no price he could realistically ask for that's an overpay. Just get something done.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Pierre McGuire had mentioned that DeBrusk agent could use Konecny and Batherson as comps

Batherson - 6yr / $4.9 million / 6.1 CH%
Konecny - 6yr / $5.5 million / 6.7 CH%

What would DeBrusk look like based on either of these CH% and an $87.5 million cap?

6yr / $5.3 to $5.8 million

Here's the thing though, both Batherson & Konecny have put up 60+ seasons. Since the '21-'22 season each guy has:

DeBrusk - 188GP / 64G / 117P / 0.62 PGP
Batherson - 174GP / 56G / 144P / 0.82 PGP
Konecny - 189GP / 69G / 155P / 0.82 PGP

The other thing is both of those guys signed those deals when they were going to be RFA's, not UFA's like DeBrusk. With that said I could see DeBrusk getting $6 million a year from someone.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Pierre McGuire had mentioned that DeBrusk agent could use Konecny and Batherson as comps

Batherson - 6yr / $4.9 million / 6.1 CH%
Konecny - 6yr / $5.5 million / 6.7 CH%

What would DeBrusk look like based on either of these CH% and an $87.5 million cap?

6yr / $5.3 to $5.8 million

Here's the thing though, both Batherson & Konecny have put up 60+ seasons. Since the '21-'22 season each guy has:

DeBrusk - 188GP / 64G / 117P / 0.62 PGP
Batherson - 174GP / 56G / 144P / 0.82 PGP
Konecny - 189GP / 69G / 155P / 0.82 PGP

The other thing is both of those guys signed those deals when they were going to be RFA's, not UFA's like DeBrusk. With that said I could see DeBrusk getting $6 million a year from someone.
That’s hopeful.

Said before that my number $6.25M/yr for Jake. But if less is doable, giddy up. I’m all for it.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why you here ? Aren’t you the season is a waste unless you win the Cup. I figure you would be a venture capitalist with multi properties on Nantucket coaching your kids club hockey & soccer teams and not wasting time here

Sean Monahan last 4 seasons averaging 9 goals …..

I googled up worst contract in hockey and he shows up every list

You haven’t watched one Providence game yet you are an expert on Merkulov

typical

It is amazing how you cherry pick stats. Debrusk you go per 82 games. Monahan you just take the season totals.

Ya I’m no monahan fan either but he is worlds better than merkulov is right now.

But to answer your question I am here because I like hockey and it’s funny to watch people like you cherry pick stats and cry wolf constantly while making ridiculously poor comparisons.

Also it’s enjoyable watching you post 500 times about how krejci didn’t play in the first two games of the florida series 45 times over the offseason

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It is amazing how you cherry pick stats. Debrusk you go per 82 games. Monahan you just take the season totals.

Ya I’m no monahan fan either but he is worlds better than merkulov is right now.

But to answer your question I am here because I like hockey and it’s funny to watch people like you cherry pick stats and cry wolf constantly while making ridiculously poor comparisons.

Also it’s enjoyable watching you post 500 times about how krejci didn’t play in the first two games of the florida series 45 times over the offseason
If you were DeBrusk agent and he had 19, 27, 25, and 27 goals last four full seasons would you present to the arbitrator as a 20 goal scorer, or 27?

As for Krejci it was once. If you can show 500 I’ll admit on record you know half as much about hockey as myself a 50 % jump from 0.0

• Haha
Reactions: goldnblack

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I didnt' realize he'd left! Big loss!
He posted this morning - he’s here

We change our user names - I like Dom’s new one

His prospect information is great read glad to see it here

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If you were DeBrusk agent and he had 19, 27, 25, and 27 goals last four full seasons would you present to the arbitrator as a 20 goal scorer, or 27?

As for Krejci it was once. If you can show 500 I’ll admit on record you know half as much about hockey as myself a 50 % jump from 0.0

So why do you use full seasons or per 82 games for Debrusk but not for monahan. Why the inconsistency.

It really is amazing watching you jump through hoops to alter stats in favor of Debrusk and do the polar opposite to look at non bruins unfavorably.

Also Debrusk is 124th in points the last 2.5 seasons among forwards that production is well below $6.5-$7.5m AAV people are clamoring for around here. And that’s excluding the bad years you refuse to include. Only includes the years he was lined up with bergy/marchand.

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Per Dom

“The Bruins need Lindholm to be at his best and for that to happen they need to alleviate some of those hard minutes he’s being forced to handle. And if Forbort continues to miss time, the issue is compounded even more. The answer is not within the organization, at least not at this point in time.

That has General Manager Don Sweeney looking around for options. One player-agent has told Dom – Hockey that he has been informed that the Bruins were looking into one of his clients. But Sweeney and assistant GM Evan Gold are going to have to pull off some cap gymnastics to make a deal come to fruition”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad