Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Also signs that your team isn’t tough:

You let Matthew tkachuk try and fight your goalie multiple times in a playoff series without responding.
True. He's a very difficult player to respond to though as he instigates cleverly and you can easily draw penalties responding. What you have to do is what Vegas did and that is initiate the contact on him long before he starts his crap.

Being the initiator rather than the responder is usually winning hockey.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
At the end of the day, they need to do something with our bottom six. Boqvist, Richard and Steen just simply aren’t cutting it. They need some more attitude and physicality. Gryz needs to go.

As others have said, the whole Lucic thing and even Greer being claimed isn’t entirely on Sweeney but it’s his job now to rectify it. Not to mention, they still need a top six forward and a hard-nosed defenseman.

The fact Beecher is still in the minors is insane. Same with Lysell, Lohrei and to a lesser extent Kuntar and even Regula. We have no idea what we have in these guys but want to send assets out for a guy like Duhaime (who I like) but is it even worth it when you may have someone in the minors who could fill that role?

I guess I may be a ‘play the kids’ guy but it’s suppose to be a retool year and we’ve drifted away from it and now NHL spots are being occupied by JAGS (with all due respect). TDL is around the corner, could we at least get 10 games to see what we have in some of these prospects before making any huge decisions

Marchand Coyle Pastrnak
Debrusk Zacha Lysell
JVR Geekie Frederic
Heinen Beecher Lauko/Kuntar

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Regula
Do you care if you have the #1 Seed in the East and home ice through the playoffs?

If not, then yeah, give the kids some ice time....

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Guess this guy doesn't know Maroon is injuried.

Didn't think it was a good time to retaliate last night, tie game in the 3rd period against a team with the best PP in the league.

Why has there been no mention of Grz taking care of his own business by spearing Pacioretty?
That’s what I was thinking, too. The fact that he doesn’t seem to know about Maroon kind of cuts into the credibility.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
They badly need to infuse something. Forwards are totally lifeless. D was more involved last night which was good to see. Pasta isn’t right. They need to figure out who they’re going to move on D. For my it’s Gryz. While Lohrei is an issue in his own end, his offensive creativity is needed. Would also open money to make actual roster moves!!

Trade Gryz for picks
Call up Beecher Lysell Lohrei
Bye Bye Steen Boqvist

I’d trade Ullmark but no idea what for. Only issue trading him is possibly upsetting the room

DeBrusk Zacha Pasta
Marchand Coyle Lysell
JVR Geekie Freddy
Heinen Beech Lauko/Trade

Lohrei/Mac
Lindholm/Carlo
Spoon/Forbort/Shat/Trade.

Sway
Ullmark??
I agree 110%. Ullmark need to go, dont care about upsetting the room, it s buisness and they cannot pay 2 elite goalies, they need to maximise his value and it s this year they need to do that, couple of team are surching for good goaltending...Sway is the way

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Gryz is frustrating with his lack of defensive and physical capabilities but he is a good puck mover and sometimes it's easy to forget what you have until it's no longer there.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I agree 110%. Ullmark need to go, dont care about upsetting the room, it s buisness and they cannot pay 2 elite goalies, they need to maximise his value and it s this year they need to do that, couple of team are surching for good goaltending...Sway is the way
I’m sure Ullmark would bring back a useful player unless they take a good at last years playoffs. If professional athletes are that upset over losing a teammate, are they really professionals? It’s a business and they should like the chance of winning more than anything.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Gryz is frustrating with his lack of defensive and physical capabilities but he is a good puck mover and sometimes it's easy to forget what you have until it's no longer there.
I think any other year I'd agree with you and defend Gryz, but this season he's not even doing the things that are typically his strengths well, at least not on a consistent basis. He'll have a night here or there where he looks good, but he's just not stringing those games together enough to make me think he's gonna turn it around. He's an analytics darling with bad analytics right now.

Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I’m sure Ullmark would bring back a useful player unless they take a good at last years playoffs. If professional athletes are that upset over losing a teammate, are they really professionals? It’s a business and they should like the chance of winning more than anything.
How does moving Ullmark for a 2nd round pick (or equivalent player value, at best) improve our chances of winning this year?

Reactions: Alan Ryan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How does moving Ullmark for a 2nd round pick (or equivalent player value, at best) improve our chances of winning this year?

It could if they can bring in a player at the deadline using Ullmark‘s salary in a separate deal….or if they trade him for a Legit NHL‘er.

Reactions: Gordoff

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
It could if they can bring in a player at the deadline using Ullmark‘s salary in a separate deal….or if they trade him for a Legit NHL‘er.
I get it. I just think its a mighty fine needle to thread to move him, and get equitable value in return to make this team better this season. For discussion board purposes, I think its a fair point. But actually pulling it off is an entirely different matter. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

It opens up valuable cap space.
If you want to free up Cap Space over the summer for Free Agency? then yeah. At the Trade Deadline? Good luck.

Reactions: sarge88

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
True. He's a very difficult player to respond to though as he instigates cleverly and you can easily draw penalties responding. What you have to do is what Vegas did and that is initiate the contact on him long before he starts his crap.

Being the initiator rather than the responder is usually winning hockey.

Then I’d send him a message and make sure I got my two minutes worth in the process.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Kuemper got a top 10 protected 1st, a 3rd, and Connor Timmins when he was traded on an expiring contract in 2021. Idk why Ullmark would would get less then that with the cap going up and like half the teams in the league in need of stable goaltending.
Fair enough. I could be persuaded that Ullmark might fetch a low 1st. The thing I think you need to consider here however, is whether or not:

1. Would you/Boston be willing to trade Ullmark this year to a playoff team who needs a goalie? (Jersey/Carolina/Colorado?) I don't see it happening.
2. Would a team out of contention be on Ullmark's MNTC, and would they be willing to give up that much?

This is a very different situation than Arizona dumping assets to the highest bidder.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Fair enough. I could be persuaded that Ullmark might fetch a low 1st. The thing I think you need to consider here however, is whether or not:

1. Would you/Boston be willing to trade Ullmark this year to a playoff team who needs a goalie? (Jersey/Carolina/Colorado?) I don't see it happening.
2. Would a team out of contention be on Ullmark's MNTC, and would they be willing to give up that much?
I don't think the bruins are gonna be looking to move Ullmark this year, full stop. It was always gonna be a move for the offseason, the tandem is too important to our success this season.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I don't think the bruins are gonna be looking to move Ullmark this year, full stop. It was always gonna be a move for the offseason, the tandem is too important to our success this season.
We can 100% agree on that. However even over the summer, the question still lingers......

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

This is a very different situation than Arizona dumping assets to the highest bidder.
Not sure if it's just internet hogwash but apparently there was rumor of a deal with Pittsburgh for 14th overall (Bruins scouted Oliver Moore on several occasions apparently) but the Pens pivoted and made the pick and then re-upped Jarry a couple days later.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Not sure if it's just internet hogwash but apparently there was rumor of a deal with Pittsburgh for 14th overall (Bruins scouted Oliver Moore on several occasions apparently) but the Pens pivoted and made the pick and then re-upped Jarry a couple days later.
Believe Ty Anderson mentioned something similar on his pod a few weeks ago, also said the bruins scheduled a last minute pre-draft interview with the kid as well so the deal must've been pretty close to the finish line before falling through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad