Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

By Tim Rosenthal

The lack of physical pushback is becoming alarming.​

Amid a more balanced effort, another troubling development popped up after Mikey Eyssimont collided with Ullmark during a third-period sequence.

Ullmark took exception, slashing the Tampa fourth-liner in the immediate aftermath. Kevin Shattenkirk also provided a helping hand after the whistle.

That was the extent of the Bruins’ physical pushback during that sequence. Frankly, it wasn’t enough.

Tuesday provided the latest example of the Bruins failing to appropriately aid one of their teammates. Even with fighting curtailed league wide, the B’s remain hesitant to engage in heated tensions.

Over the last few years, the Bruins struggled against heavier teams around playoff time. Currently, they don’t have any scrappy players within their bottom six willing to drop the gloves or land a heavy hit whenever things escalate.

With limited cap space and draft capital at his disposal, GM Don Sweeney may need to get creative to even add a rugged presence on a checking line or bottom defensive pairing. Notable rumored names who fit the bill include veteran winger Pat Maroon and defenseman Jacob Middleton from Minnesota. Middleton provides more offensive upside of the pair, but any team would benefit from acquiring Maroon and his extensive postseason resume that includes three Cup rings — two with Tampa and one with St. Louis.

ADVERTISEMENT:

Regardless, the Bruins can’t allow the lack of a pushback to fester during the home stretch. Otherwise, they’ll encounter a significant disadvantage amid the heightened tensions of playoff hockey.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
His court date coming up 16th I believe.
It is Friday the 16th.

I've seen conflicting reports that it is a bench (just a judge) or a jury trial. If it is a bench trial, we likely won't get a ruling until next week. If it is a jury trial, this is going to last a few days.

I don't see the Suffolk County DA cutting a deal at this point with Looch.

My thoughts still remain with his wife and kids.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
good luck.
es still in the Player Assistance Program. Only the league itself can release him from that.
This is true.I hope first & foremost he gets well as far as how he handles emotions, relationship pressures or booze issues , heck u name it.That is what's most important but as a hockey fan it sure would be nice to get him back .I do not know the entire story so I will wait on that but it sure would be nice if everything worked out for everyone involved.You know ,,A Happy Ending :thumbu:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It is Friday the 16th.

I've seen conflicting reports that it is a bench (just a judge) or a jury trial. If it is a bench trial, we likely won't get a ruling until next week. If it is a jury trial, this is going to last a few days.

I don't see the Suffolk County DA cutting a deal at this point with Looch.

My thoughts still remain with his wife and kids.
Yea I just don't know anything about that situation .I have seen things go to a court and get worked out that day though in other matters, so holding hope . I would imagine the wife's say and responding officers holds the weight.

Reactions: Alicat

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Morning Bru podcast wants to see improvement on the 4th line and they also want a resolution to the Debrusk extention. They implied that without a resolution, the Bruins won't be able to do much at the deadline. No mention of Grzelcyk

I doubt there will be. As much as many here don't like it, the club likes him and defensive depth is poor right now. As part of a larger trade package, I could see it, but just as a salary dump or a move out with no d-man that can play 18-20 a game, I don't think so. And, it's worth pointing out that since the Christmas break, he's played just about to his standard, with a couple of tough ones in there which were shared by the whole team.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

By Tim Rosenthal

Amid a more balanced effort, another troubling development popped up after Mikey Eyssimont collided with Ullmark during a third-period sequence.

Ullmark took exception, slashing the Tampa fourth-liner in the immediate aftermath. Kevin Shattenkirk also provided a helping hand after the whistle.

That was the extent of the Bruins’ physical pushback during that sequence. Frankly, it wasn’t enough.

Tuesday provided the latest example of the Bruins failing to appropriately aid one of their teammates. Even with fighting curtailed league wide, the B’s remain hesitant to engage in heated tensions.

Over the last few years, the Bruins struggled against heavier teams around playoff time. Currently, they don’t have any scrappy players within their bottom six willing to drop the gloves or land a heavy hit whenever things escalate.

With limited cap space and draft capital at his disposal, GM Don Sweeney may need to get creative to even add a rugged presence on a checking line or bottom defensive pairing. Notable rumored names who fit the bill include veteran winger Pat Maroon and defenseman Jacob Middleton from Minnesota. Middleton provides more offensive upside of the pair, but any team would benefit from acquiring Maroon and his extensive postseason resume that includes three Cup rings — two with Tampa and one with St. Louis.

ADVERTISEMENT:

Regardless, the Bruins can’t allow the lack of a pushback to fester during the home stretch. Otherwise, they’ll encounter a significant disadvantage amid the heightened tensions of playoff hockey.

Guess this guy doesn't know Maroon is injuried.

Didn't think it was a good time to retaliate last night, tie game in the 3rd period against a team with the best PP in the league.

Why has there been no mention of Grz taking care of his own business by spearing Pacioretty?

Reactions: Hookslide

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I doubt there will be. As much as many here don't like it, the club likes him and defensive depth is poor right now. As part of a larger trade package, I could see it, but just as a salary dump or a move out with no d-man that can play 18-20 a game, I don't think so. And, it's worth pointing out that since the Christmas break, he's played just about to his standard, with a couple of tough ones in there which were shared by the whole team.
if he plays up to his traditional playoff standard he will be benched. It is past time to move on from him. I live in fear he doesn't get a contract offer this summer and is back here as a try out next September. I could deal with him as Providence captain

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If they aren't going to trade him now, I hope they tell him so he's not on edge as March 8th draws closer. He's playing scared right now and it is causing sloppy play. He has to be moved but I don't know if they can at this point without having to give up a first or more.

Realistically, I think he's dealt at the draft.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If they aren't going to trade him now, I hope they tell him so he's not on edge as March 8th draws closer. He's playing scared right now and it is causing sloppy play. He has to be moved but I don't know if they can at this point without having to give up a first or more.

He's a UFA so he's not going to be dealt at the draft. They're not going to pay to move him, and won't need to as a UFA. If a deal is made for a top four LD, either Grizz or Forbort would go back to even the money out. That's how it would work. Forbort has been worse than Grizz the last 4-6 weeks.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Won't he be a UFA by then?

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Guess this guy doesn't know Maroon is injuried.

Didn't think it was a good time to retaliate last night, tie game in the 3rd period against a team with the best PP in the league.

Why has there been no mention of Grz taking care of his own business by spearing Pacioretty?
I don’t think spearing is the kind of toughness that most fans are looking for.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

By Tim Rosenthal

ADVERTISEMENT:

But, more importantly, are Middleton or Maroon good at poke checking?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He's a UFA so he's not going to be dealt at the draft. They're not going to pay to move him, and won't need to as a UFA. If a deal is made for a top four LD, either Grizz or Forbort would go back to even the money out. That's how it would work. Forbort has been worse than Grizz the last 4-6 weeks.
I think Forbert had his best game last night in a long time.He is not a skilled type D man so his hands will always take longer to come back .The advantage he has over Grizz is he can play the game in the trenches .The advantage Grizz has is he can step up and play next to Charlie .With both being UFA to be its clear at least one of them would go back as you alluded to.The UFA on Bruins that needs to be handled is Jake.He has most value of these 3 in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Gordoff and Yeti34

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think Forbert had his best game last night in a long time.He is not a skilled type D man so his hands will always take longer to come back .The advantage he has over Grizz is he can play the game in the trenches .The advantage Grizz has is he can step up and play next to Charlie .With both being UFA to be its clear at least one of them would go back as you alluded to.The UFA on Bruins that needs to be handled is Jake.He has most value of these 3 in my humble opinion.
The second PP goal for Tampa came because Forbort passed the puck directly to Kucherov who was 10 feet in front of him and put Heinen in a bad position. Because no player would expect a pass to be made there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad