2023-24 Hart Memorial Trophy finalists: Nikita Kucherov, Nathan MacKinnon, Connor McDavid | Winner: Nathan MacKinnon

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Bizarre that Matthews and Panarin both had more 1st place votes than McDavid. Honestly think it should have been Kucherov's but definitely can't be sad about Mackinnon. Feel like these awards should have something that included playoffs or just be changed to include playoffs, because it still feels bizarre that McDavid doesn't win with his playoff + regular season performance.

Reactions: PaulD and wetcoast

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Congrats MacK!

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride until today. Fully deserved. Definitely a nice burnish to a HoF resume still on the build.

Kucherov had a great case…but so did MacK the year that Hall won it so…sometimes the end and flow just runs your way a smidge more.

Reactions: katfude

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bizarre that Matthews and Panarin both had more 1st place votes than McDavid. Honestly think it should have been Kucherov's but definitely can't be sad about Mackinnon. Feel like these awards should have something that included playoffs or just be changed to include playoffs, because it still feels bizarre that McDavid doesn't win with his playoff + regular season performance.
That’s what we have the Conn Smythe for

Reactions: I am not exposed

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Kinda hard to argue that the guy that won the Lindsay shouldn’t have won the Hart.
That is like saying its kind of hard to believe that the most popular guy at your workplace doesn't receive the most praise for their work. People just continue to put way too much stock in the Lindsay.

Honestly there really wasn't a clear front runner, and so doesn't bother me that MacKinnon won it. By far the weakest win in recent memory though, can't remember the last time someone didn't lead in goals, assists, or points won the Hart.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Congrats MacK!

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride until today. Fully deserved. Definitely a nice burnish to a HoF resume still on the build.

Kucherov had a great case…but so did MacK the year that Hall won it so…sometimes the end and flow just runs your way a smidge more.
MacK finished 5th in points that year and had Rantanen pacing with him in points nearly the entire way. Hall might have been an 'undeserving' winner to you, but MacKinnon had a joke of a 'case' that year, and I don't know why it gets brought up on these boards by his groupies.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And Bobrovsky was lights out in the play offs while Hellebuyck was ass.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That is like saying its kind of hard to believe that the most popular guy at your workplace doesn't receive the most praise for their work. People just continue to put way too much stock in the Lindsay.

Honestly there really wasn't a clear front runner, and so doesn't bother me that MacKinnon won it. By far the weakest win in recent memory though, can't remember the last time someone didn't lead in goals, assists, or points won the Hart.

If both the players AND the media gave him the MVP, then you’re the fringe opinion. Not the rest of us.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
MacK finished 5th in points that year and had Rantanen pacing with him in points nearly the entire way. Hall might have been an 'undeserving' winner to you, but MacKinnon had a joke of a 'case' that year, and I don't know why it gets brought up on these boards by his groupies.
Take a deep breathe and reread my post. Did I say Hall was undeserving?

Save your ammo, bud.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
If both the players AND the media gave him the MVP, then you’re the fringe opinion. Not the rest of us.
My opinion was that he was a deserving winner, and I stated as much pretty clearly in the post. I assume you can read, and you saw that. So you must disagree with the other opinion I expressed about this being a rather weak Hart win? If that is the case, I don't see how that is reflected by the voters. Did they write a note next to their vote saying that it was dominant Hart win? I must be missing something.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My opinion was that he was a deserving winner, and I stated as much pretty clearly in the post. I assume you can read, and you saw that. So you must disagree with the other opinion I expressed about this being a rather weak Hart win? If that is the case, I don't see how that is reflected by the voters. Did they write a note next to their vote saying that it was dominant Hart win? I must be missing something.

Close doesn’t mean weak. Mac killed it this year. Not his fault others did too.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Take a deep breathe and reread my post. Did I say Hall was undeserving?

Save your ammo, bud.
No you didn't, I speculated with the word 'might' due to your wild assertion that MacKinnon had a legit case for the Hart that year. Kucherov had just of a 'case' for the Hart that year, guess we could say he was robbed that year as well by the Canadian media.

Close doesn’t mean weak. Mac killed it this year. Not his fault others did too.
Close doesn't mean weak. I called it weak based on his not winning in any major statistical category of points, assists, goals. I suppose you disagree, but I am not on an island with this opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad