Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Someone correct me if I get this wrong.
Larry Brooks leaks a trade between the Rangers and Detroit involving Trouba.
Trouba doesn’t want to leave NYC because he loves the city, the team and the lifestyle it affords him and his spouse.
Trouba contacts his agent and together they construct a 15 team no trade list that is to be submitted at 1201 am on July 1st to thwart Chris Drury from completing the trade with Detroit.
So in summary, If Brooks holds his scoop until 1202 on July 1st then Trouba is blindsided and is moved.
Which means that if Trouba is still a Ranger on July 2nd it’s Larry Brooks fault?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Someone correct me if I get this wrong.
Larry Brooks leaks a trade between the Rangers and Detroit involving Trouba.
Trouba doesn’t want to leave NYC because he loves the city, the team and the lifestyle it affords him and his spouse.
Trouba contacts his agent and together they construct a 15 team no trade list that is to be submitted at 1201 am on July 1st to thwart Chris Drury from completing the trade with Detroit.
So in summary, If Brooks holds his scoop until 1202 on July 1st then Trouba is blindsided and is moved.
Which means that if Trouba is still a Ranger on July 2nd it’s Larry Brooks fault?
Yeah, this doesn't add up.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Yeah, this doesn't add up.
Right, seems like Drury has all the leverage.
Worst case.
Trouba and his agent stifle the team by constructing a list that keeps away potential trade partners.
Drury waives Trouba and he goes unclaimed.
Rangers send Trouba to Hartford ala Wade Redden.
Trouba doesn’t get to stay in NYC; plus the whole pride thing.
Trouba gives in and ends up getting moved anyway.

Reactions: bhamill

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Right, seems like Drury has all the leverage.
Depends on if he want to go the Goodrow route, but that can also be a warning shot to anyone within the organization not holding a NMC, but has a NTC. If you are unwilling to work with us, we'll put you on waivers and San Jose will pick you up.

Grier has been snatching up veterans like crazy. Look at their moves the past few days. Insulation for Celebrini, Smith, and Eklund.

Utah also went out and got some veteran defenders. That owner wants to make the playoffs right away and they aren't far off. Trouba would definitely be someone they could add and not think about the cap.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Never gonna happen

Please join us in the real world. Shesty is traded before being offered 8.5M.

11x8 is my max offer. If that doesn’t get it done, then we’re better off finding another goalie.

But 8.5? Really? That’s insulting.

11 mill a year cripples the organization.

It's almost a curse getting these guys because we'll never let them walk and you just can't pay a goalie that amount.

It would require you to be perfect on your other contracts, which we haven't been, ever.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Trouba's minutes can be replaced by Jones and a UFA. Mancini who Steve Smith loved in Hartford may pull a 2006 Girardi and be on the big club by February.

Lindgen is getting 3-4 years. Fortescue will replace him down the road.

Plenty of budget wingers like Ardvisson out there.

Another player that is small and tends to get hurt more than not. He does go to the net and plays a net front game. I’d give him 1 mil and not anything more. Rather have a someone that is a little chippy. I know he is not UFA but I wonder if the Wild plan to cut salary. One guy I would like is Ryan Hartman. RW plays nasty game and skill. He would be a solid fit with Mika and Kreider. He makes space open for them with his aggressive game

I wonder if something can be worked around Trouba for Ryan Hartman 4 Mil cap hit till end of 26-27 season. Have a 3rd team help out, send depth prospect to said team for help with cap space

Reactions: jacko23

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I imagine that Drury has the list already. I don't know how this all works but there might be a way Drury can ask for the list and those choices are soft-locked in so that Drury can do his job without any "we changed the list" shenanigans. Call it "professionalism" - i.e. not lying to each other.

Never gonna happen

11x8 is my max offer. If that doesn’t get it done, then we’re better off finding another goalie.

Not sure if there are other teams out there interested in a 11+ x 8 contract.
Wild late night idea would be to flip Shesty, use assets, grab Askarov. Allaire can get that kid doing some magic. Future Asakarov / Garand tandem.

Reactions: bhamill and mas0764

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Never gonna happen

The real world is that Saaros just got under 8.

I’d take that all day before giving Igor north of 9. Igor isn’t that much better the Saaros.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Damn it, the Trouba thread got locked right as I was asking:

Trouba has until tomorrow to submit his 15-team no-trade list, right? What's to stop him from seeing the speculation and simply quashing it by putting Detroit on there?

Reactions: bleedblue94

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I’d take that all day before giving Igor north of 9. Igor isn’t that much better the Saaros.

He is in the playoffs. Shit, he's better than EVERYONE in the playoffs and that's what someone will end up paying him for. But, like I said previously, if he's a hard no at 10M then I'm a hell yes in picking up the phone and calling every club in the NHL.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Friedman on Trouba: He's not sure whats going on, and people told him Saturday that people are getting ahead of themselves.
All we heard was that the deal would be done Saturday. Did Drury get Troubas approval and tried to consummate deal before July 1st? Then Jacob got angry and said no to doing deal before July 1st? That"s how I read it

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If the deals done then they could just wait till Monday then no paperwork for Trouba to sign

It’s hard but we should likely not pay attention till then lol

Reactions: pld459666

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad