Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
But the solution was to play the kids! :sarcasm:

I will say it is tough to judge year 1 on a team with this many changes. I'm not a fan of the coaching, there is a complete lack of talent, the lack of picks and prospects has left things very dry, etc.

Another part of this is the lack of contracts. The Avs have 46 on paper which has them tied for 11th in the NHL... but Landy counts and isn't adding anything to either team. Frank counts in the same manner. Weinstein is in juniors. This basically means they are operating like a team with 43 contracts even prior to the injuries that happen during the season. The Kings are also operating with 43 contracts... and the only team with less is Carolina, who doesn't have an AHL team. The Avs just didn't sign enough bodies and they tied themselves to horses like Beaucage, Stienburg, Aamodt, etc who are just not good enough. So they're lacking talent and compounded that by just not having enough bodies.
How’s Ivan 2, still look promising or has the shine wore off?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm all for the Avs promoting Pavel and waiving MacDermid tomorrow. He can throw down and while he ain't a skill player he's a far less embarrassing option than the Ford Town & Country or whatever they call him.
The car guy in me absolutely hates that nickname…

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Chevy corvair unsafe at any speed
Given how unsteady he is on his skates that’s a good one.

It’s funny between my old man and grandfather they collected quite a few of the cars on those annual “worst cars ever” lists. My Grandpa had the Corvair and—I THINK—an Edsel, my father had the Pinto, the AMC Wagon (twice!!!), and a K Car, but the lemon of lemons was this silver Oldsmobile that had silver door handles (the old school kind that you had to grip and press the button) and silver interiors. Basically on a hot day in Colorado it turned into a George Foreman grill for human flesh.

But anyway I digress…promote Pavel and send MacDermid packing. Or better yet just send MacDermid packing and promote no one.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I forgot we had some gearheads on here.

Are y'all mostly 1950's (birth of mainstream modern roadsters and muscle cars) and up or do you also get into pre-war cars well?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Are y'all mostly 1950's (birth of mainstream modern roadsters and muscle cars) and up or do you also get into pre-war cars well?
I like a bit of everything… but just primarily due to availability (rust), I tend to have newer stuff. One day I will have an old Buick with a straight 8. Ideally a Century Coupe, but a Roadmaster with the suicide doors would be pretty sweet.

I’ve trimmed my cars WAY down, but the oldest I have now is 91. I’m keeping my eye out for a specific 70s Alfa… a car I should have never sold.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I like a bit of everything… but just primarily due to availability (rust), I tend to have newer stuff. One day I will have an old Buick with a straight 8. Ideally a Century Coupe, but a Roadmaster with the suicide doors would be pretty sweet.

I’ve trimmed my cars WAY down, but the oldest I have now is 91. I’m keeping my eye out for a specific 70s Alfa… a car I should have never sold.
I was looking at a Frankenstein online the other day. Almost asked the wife if I could buy, but then wait until fall and we could fly down and drive it back. It was a Mcburnie Ferrari Daytona Spyder kit built on top of a 78 Stingray (small block 350). 63K miles for under 9K. Pics were impressive and they had great maintenance records. But ultimately, there's only a few months a year where it would be possible to drive it up here but making that trip from upstate New York to Fairbanks, AK in the autumn, in a convertible would be amazing.

I don't actually have an older or classic car at the moment. My bucket list is a Silver 57 Thunderbird. I was asking about the pre-war stuff because I have a friend that's the main mechanic and runs an auto-museum up here that has nearly 100 cars in the collection which date between the late 1800s to just prior to WWII. Steam driven, electric, traditional internal combustion engines...a little bit of everything. He's won best in class in a couple of shows (Ford Model B and I think it was a 32 Duesenberg J-154). Freaking works of art, every one of them. I think like 90 of the 94 cars are maintained in operating conditional and do, in fact, get driven a couple of times a year. I've been lucky to ride along on one of them. He usually just wanders around the museum talking to people when he's not actively working on cars. When he does drives them, he's been known to walk around the museum and grab unsuspecting visitors and offer them a chance to ride along, which is just... Alaska. Don't think that would happen at the San Diego Auto Museum or any of the other auto museums I've been to in the lower 48.

Reactions: mack74

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Olausson is starting to heat up, with 6 points (4g2a) in his last 3 games. While it could easily just be a hot streak, the highlights I’ve seen from him this year have shown him going to more dirty areas than last year. He’s 2 points away from tying his total from last year and is currently at 0.5ppg (18 points in 36 games). Still a long way to go, but a player with his sort of shot always has a chance to carve out a spot on a team.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

I work in a restoration shop, I’ve worked in everything from Auston Martin, Lamborghini, to old muscle cars and everything in between. But I’m not a car guy, truth be told it’s sucked out the love of cars I used to have lol

Reactions: expatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad