Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We need to stop playing malinski down there. He doesnt need any more games and its only gonna lead to jnjuries and miss development time with the avs. I would rather him sit and practice than ahl time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We need to stop playing malinski down there. He doesnt need any more games and its only gonna lead to jnjuries and miss development time with the avs. I would rather him sit and practice than ahl time.

Malinski probably doesn't need any more AHL games at 25 with the way he's played.

The issue though is they need to send someone down for numbers/cap reasons, and Caleb is eligible for waivers while Malinski isn't. They want to keep their depth for the playoffs.

He does seem to get better though the more he plays. So while it's not the worst thing at his age if he sits in the stands, playing and getting reps might be better. Especially if he's called on in the playoffs.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Malinski probably doesn't need any more AHL games at 25 with the way he's played.

The issue though is they need to send someone down for numbers/cap reasons, and Caleb is eligible for waivers while Malinski isn't. They want to keep their depth for the playoffs.

He does seem to get better though the more he plays. So while it's not the worst thing at his age if he sits in the stands, playing and getting reps might be better. Especially if he's called on in the playoffs.
Malinski was given time off this past weekend to rest up, presumably for a call-up.

• Love
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois

Keeping Jack Johnson around doing more harm than good. I’ll give credit where it’s due, he had a really solid start to the year that lasted longer than I anticipated. But boy he’s really been bad and that start is long gone. It sucks cause our #7 and #8 dmen (Jones and Malinski) are both outplaying him but for contract/money purposes they aren’t playing.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Keeping Jack Johnson around doing more harm than good. I’ll give credit where it’s due, he had a really solid start to the year that lasted longer than I anticipated. But boy he’s really been bad and that start is long gone. It sucks cause our #7 and #8 dmen (Jones and Malinski) are both outplaying him but for contract/money purposes they aren’t playing.

I don't think JJ has been quite that bad, but I agree Malinski has probably outplayed him.

They play different roles though, and they're probably gonna need JJ in the playoffs. Just 1 big bodied physical defenseman in Manson probably isn't enough. Nice to have two in the playoffs.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Provy is doing fantastic back with the Eagles (1.50 GAA and .955 SV% in 4 games. I don't think Avs' fans should give up on him just yet. I had a post a few weeks back showing that he actually had very good numbers with the Avs except for 2 bad games. I think he is still very much in the Avs' plan for next season.

Edit:
Here is the link to that post:
GDT: - Avalanche vs Bruins 1/18/24 @ 5:00PM MNT Moose vs Bear who will win?

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Provy is doing fantastic back with the Eagles (1.50 GAA and .955 SV% in 4 games. I don't think Avs' fans should give up on him just yet. I had a post a few weeks back showing that he actually had very good numbers with the Avs except for 2 bad games. I think he is still very much in the Avs' plan for next season.

Edit:
Here is the link to that post:
GDT: - Avalanche vs Bruins 1/18/24 @ 5:00PM MNT Moose vs Bear who will win?
Prosvetov has come in and been great for the Eagles who are hot rn. Hopefully they all get on a big run.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

Raking up the points.

IMG_2868.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It is rather interesting that the Eagles improved when the vets came back (Wags/Holland) or started playing well (Meyers/Pare). I still don't see a very good team though. Just one on a hot streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad