Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Looks like the Avs will have some options for the 4C spot next season. All of Ivan, Jedlicka and Pavel play a Bednar-type game. All of them have great speed and very responsible defensively and great at forechecking. Both Ivan and Jedlicka have some offense in them but not sure if any could translate to 4th line production. Pavel's production is almost non-existent unfortunately because I think Bednar likes him the most but unless he can turn that around a bit he will probably find himself outside looking in.

I was always surprised that Ivan wasn't signed last summer. I really liked his game. I thought he did enough at TC to warrant a contract.

It would be nice if the Avs could finally develop their own bottom line players.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I hope this Org. has finally smartened up and signs more Pavels, Polins and Ivans, rather than Stienburgs, Beucages and Burkes.

Reactions: Metallo

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I hope this Org. has finally smartened up and signs more Pavels, Polins and Ivans, rather than Stienburgs, Beucages and Burkes.
Beaucage and Stienburg aren't signings, they're draft picks.

And really, they need to get more Malinskis than anything else. Pavel and Polin are nice and all, but they need to aim higher than that. We'll see what happens with Ivan X2.

I have no problem with Callahan Burke. Dude has been decently productive as an AHLer and didn't look out of place in the NHL IMO. And the Avs managed to deal him for a 7/8 defenseman in Caleb Jones while still somehow retaining him for the Eagles. I imagine he could someday be a captain for an AHL team. I'm somewhat surprised he's still in Colorado since it appears the Hurricanes and Wolves have kissed and made up.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Beaucage and Stienburg aren't signings, they're draft picks.

And really, they need to get more Malinskis than anything else. Pavel and Polin are nice and all, but they need to aim higher than that. We'll see what happens with Ivan X2.

I have no problem with Callahan Burke. Dude has been decently productive as an AHLer and didn't look out of place in the NHL IMO. And the Avs managed to deal him for a 7/8 defenseman in Caleb Jones while still somehow retaining him for the Eagles. I imagine he could someday be a captain for an AHL team. I'm somewhat surprised he's still in Colorado since it appears the Hurricanes and Wolves have kissed and made up.

They still got signed to ELCs. Wasted draft picks into wasted contract slots.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Grand Rapids Griffins for one night became the Flying Toasters and, not gonna lie, I think these jerseys and that name are way too good for this just to be a one-off.

Also makes me wonder if the Eagles would look pretty snazzy with a powder blue jersey as opposed to the all-blue Smurf look they got going on right now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There are two ECHL teams named Thunder: Adirondack Thunder and Wichita Thunder.

Good job ECHL! :laugh:

It works out though cause they're in difference conferences, and one is 1st in the league, while the other is dead last. :laugh:

iu

Reactions: Metallo

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Looks like the Avs will have some options for the 4C spot next season. All of Ivan, Jedlicka and Pavel play a Bednar-type game. All of them have great speed and very responsible defensively and great at forechecking. Both Ivan and Jedlicka have some offense in them but not sure if any could translate to 4th line production. Pavel's production is almost non-existent unfortunately because I think Bednar likes him the most but unless he can turn that around a bit he will probably find himself outside looking in.

I was always surprised that Ivan wasn't signed last summer. I really liked his game. I thought he did enough at TC to warrant a contract.

It would be nice if the Avs could finally develop their own bottom line players.
None of them are options for the Avs. They talked up a great media narrative on Pavel and he got one game. He just doesn’t have the puck skill to make it. Malinski might be their once every 5 years NCAA find but they need to go back to the drawing board on forwards and maybe try actual development again instead of get rich quick schemes. I like Ivan but do they care, do they have a plan for him even if they do sign him, would they actually call him up and would it be more than once a season?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
None of them are options for the Avs. They talked up a great media narrative on Pavel and he got one game. He just doesn’t have the puck skill to make it. Malinski might be their once every 5 years NCAA find but they need to go back to the drawing board on forwards and maybe try actual development again instead of get rich quick schemes. I like Ivan but do they care, do they have a plan for him even if they do sign him, would they actually call him up and would it be more than once a season?
Somebody is being written off awfully early it seems. I think I'll wait another year or three before writing them off myself. It doesn't happen often but we can always hope for another LOC story.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Tufte had a great pre-season and dominated in the AHL and he only got 5 games. Though I'm sure his waiver exemption played into that as well.

Olofsson has fit in well at 4C, and they've been relatively healthy in the bottom six this year so far.

Bednar doesn't care about offense from his 4th line. That's not what's prevented a callup.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Somebody is being written off awfully early it seems. I think I'll wait another year or three before writing them off myself. It doesn't happen often but we can always hope for another LOC story.

I don't know if he'll turn into LOC (he's been great), but Pavel produced pretty close to the same offense in the NCAA and USHL as LOC. His career highs in goals and points in the NCAA are slightly higher too.

Like Pavel, LOC played basically his first full pro season in the AHL too. 5 games with the Avs and 64 with the Eagles. Then pretty much the same again his next year playing 16 games with the Avs and 40 with the Eagles. Then stuck with the Avs his third pro year, but only played 22 games.

Wasn't until his 4th pro season that he became an NHL regular. And in his 6th pro season at age 27, he's starting to establish himself as a 3rd liner. All just because of his hard work and dedication to get better.

Not sure how Pavel's career will pan out, but he's known for being a very dedicated hard worker himself. That's why Bednar is a big fan of his.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There are two ECHL teams named Thunder: Adirondack Thunder and Wichita Thunder.

Good job ECHL! :laugh:
There were also once two AHL teams called the Admirals, and in the CFL there were the Roughriders and Rough Riders.

The one that always makes me laugh though is that there are FIVE NCAA school teams called the Tigers, and theyre more or less in the same region of the United States.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know if he'll turn into LOC (he's been great), but Pavel produced pretty close to the same offense in the NCAA and USHL as LOC. His career highs in goals and points in the NCAA are slightly higher too.

Like Pavel, LOC played basically his first full pro season in the AHL too. 5 games with the Avs and 64 with the Eagles. Then pretty much the same again his next year playing 16 games with the Avs and 40 with the Eagles. Then stuck with the Avs his third pro year, but only played 22 games.

Wasn't until his 4th pro season that he became an NHL regular. And in his 6th pro season at age 27, he's starting to establish himself as a 3rd liner. All just because of his hard work and dedication to get better.

Not sure how Pavel's career will pan out, but he's known for being a very dedicated hard worker himself. That's why Bednar is a big fan of his.
LOC had 42 points and 19 goals his first year in the AHL, Pavel has 6 points. LOC was given a nice top 6 role to help those numbers but even he had to show some production to move on to a NHL 4th line job. There’s just a bare minimum of puck skill needed for the NHL in any role that Pavel doesn’t have.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
LOC had 42 points and 19 goals his first year in the AHL, Pavel has 6 points. LOC was given a nice top 6 role to help those numbers but even he had to show some production to move on to a NHL 4th line job. There’s just a bare minimum of puck skill needed for the NHL in any role that Pavel doesn’t have.

I agree, there's a bare minimum for puck skill to be an NHL regular. I said this about Bowers for years.

As you point out LOC and Pavel played different roles, but beyond that, those numbers from LOC were in 64 games, and Pavel's are in 39.

Obviously LOC still produced at a higher rate, and I'm not saying Pavel will be as good, but if there's a big difference in games played, we should point that out, or reference their pace.

But when the difference between not being a 4th line NHL regular and being one is like 5 goals and maybe an 8-10 point difference, and the guy is a known ice rat and hard worker like LOC, even though he's got his work cut out for him with that kind of production, I disagree that it's impossible that he can continue to improve his game and get to the NHL.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
the Eagles are ROLLING. Olausson's agility is very impressive for his size (I think he looks 6'3+ now) and that wrister is chefs kiss.
Yeah they got a few guys back and it is helping them a lot. Although Foudy is hurt again. This guy can't stay healthy. What a disappointment.

Ivan is hot too right now. Another 2 pts last night.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Olausson continues his hot steak with another goal bring him up to 9 points in his last 8 games and if you remove his first 9 games he has 19 points in 30 games. He’s also tied his point total for last year in 24 less games. While he might still have a way to go, at least there have been some signs of life. From what I’ve seen (not a lot) he’s seemed a lot more engaged this year. For people who watch the Eagles more regularly, does this align with your viewings as well?

Part of me really wishes Olausson’s number was 7..

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I really need to follow the Eagles more closely. I've been under the impression that Oskar had stalled as a prospect but just looking at stats, his PTS/G has increased this season to 0.51 from 0.32 last season.

What's his path look like from here? Does he still have a realistic chance at being a player for the Avs?

Reactions: AllAboutAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad