Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
They don't have amazing talent, a sorta balanced AHL lineup but nothing that screams Calder Cup.
Ya, the line up is pretty balanced but its missing AHL superstars forwards. We paid a lot for AHL grinders like smallman and avg top sixer like Kero. Holland is probably closest to be a PPG AHLer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah AHL wise, the Eagles roster is rather meh to bad. Typically you need 2-3 high end AHL players to have a contending AHL team... I'm not sure the Eagles have a single one of those. Maybe Holland is (hard to say after his time away), maybe one of Foudy/OO takes a huge step.. but that's about it. I expect a team that barely makes the playoffs, and even that could be interrupted by goaltending if they have to roll with Holm/Miner as their tandem.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Yeah AHL wise, the Eagles roster is rather meh to bad. Typically you need 2-3 high end AHL players to have a contending AHL team... I'm not sure the Eagles have a single one of those. Maybe Holland is (hard to say after his time away), maybe one of Foudy/OO takes a huge step.. but that's about it. I expect a team that barely makes the playoffs, and even that could be interrupted by goaltending if they have to roll with Holm/Miner as their tandem.
Isn't Meyers a legit 1C for the AHL? Or is he shit there too? I watch zero AHL games so I have no idea.

Also is Foudy back from injury?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I didn't watch the games, but I am not too worried. Grand Rapids has definitely more game-breaking talent when looking over that roster, but a lot of that came by sucking. It seems Eagles goaltending let them down instead of being a bad AHL club. I agree with others that there is a lack of talent on this roster, but I believe this team can be the AHL version of the Seattle Kraken (middle of the pack). The Eagles' defensive core should be top 3 in the division, while the forward group is more below-average in the division. Some underrated offensive talent, but there are a lot of two-way grinders for sure. That team won't go anywhere without Annunen though.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
He's a 1C level guy, but not an AHL star sort of guy there. He's not a Matthew Phillips, Andrew Poturalski, or TJ Tynan level of player.

Foudy is not back yet.
Thanks.

What was Foudy's injury anyway? I feel like he's been out for a long time. He was out at the end of last year too if I'm not mistaken.

I liked him in his brief stint with the Avs. I feel like he could add something to our bottom six down the road along with Kovalenko.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks.

What was Foudy's injury anyway? I feel like he's been out for a long time. He was out at the end of last year too if I'm not mistaken.

I liked him in his brief stint with the Avs. I feel like he could add something to our bottom six down the road along with Kovalenko.
Not sure it was ever stated beyond lower body.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So, is the goal is to have Annunen play a lot for the Eagles and then call him up when Georgiev needs a night off? Or are they going to Prosvetov as their #2 and backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad