Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kiviranta still having immigration issues or something? Also still don’t see what happened with Kozun
I think Kozun declined the offer to play in the AHL.

Eagles are the same type of team, grind it out with bottom 6 types through the whole roster. They’ll make the “playoffs” because 7 of the 10 division teams make the play-in. If they get home ice for that they’ll make the first round of the actual playoffs. They are noticeably better at home and have been since becoming the Eagles.

Im most curious how call up favorite Pavel is going to get a look since he’s experiencing “role acceptance” playing on the Eagles fourth line.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
None of these recent college signings are panning out really or filling roster spots unfortunately

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Schueneman is going on the trip in case of an injury. Malinski and Caleb Jones are spending their time practicing and playing with the Eagles, this is better for their learning and development
Jones and Malinski are 26 and 25 years old respectively. They aren't learning anything else in the AHL.

Malinski would learn more from practicing with NHLers than playing games in the AHL imo.

Assuming he even plays.
Either way Malinski needs to be around NHLers and NHL practices to improve imo. I don't think AHL time at his age is going to do much but that's just my opinion.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jones and Malinski are 26 and 25 years old respectively. They aren't learning anything else in the AHL.

Malinski would learn more from practicing with NHLers than playing games in the AHL imo.

Either way Malinski needs to be around NHLers and NHL practices to improve imo. I don't think AHL time at his age is going to do much but that's just my opinion.

Disagree. If Malinski had been great or even adequate in preseason then I could see it, but he was an outright disaster, he needs to get more accustomed to the pace of the game at the pro level, and that will not happen by throwing him straight into the NHL where he'll barely play.

None of these recent college signings are panning out really or filling roster spots unfortunately
Well...they're adding organizational depth if nothing else. All they need is for one of these guys to pan out as a decent NHLer.

Unfortunately they're finding out much like Sakic and Roy found out when they first arrived and tried to fill out the depth chart with European free agents--there is just no real substitute for drafting and developing talent.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Tufte has been racking up points in the A since going down. I’m actually excited for when he finally gets a call up

Let him get all the confidence and good feelings going. Injuries will happen at some point and him (or whoever gets the call) coming up with some confidence and swagger would be...different from last season.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Tufte has been racking up points in the A since going down. I’m actually excited for when he finally gets a call up

Let him get all the confidence and good feelings going. Injuries will happen at some point and him (or whoever gets the call) coming up with some confidence and swagger would be...different from last season.
It's kinda funny seeing how much bigger he was then his linemates. I agree with Tufte building confidence. It would be amazing if he gets called up and is provided with a real opportunity with some form of talent.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
God f***ing dammit Middleton what the hell did you do
It’s just disgusting.

Also Scheuneman didn’t even play last weekend for the Eagles, he certainly didn’t get chosen because anyone thinks he’s better than just being expendable for a week.

That said, its a bit of a different story for minor league hero Malinski this season. Nobody really is doing anything except Tufte and Holland. Tufte will 100% be the first forward call up utilized. On defense it will be either Hunt or Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad