Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's a big body and can shoot...

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Schneekloth also had some interesting answers too. In offseason speculation, if you read between the lines, Foudy, OO, Malinski, Ahcan, Tufte, and Burke are going to be the guys they rely on for offense. Chance for Olofsson and Hunt to be down. Didn't sound like there is much of a plan for Pavel to be in Loveland. ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's a big body and can shoot...

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Schneekloth also had some interesting answers too. In offseason speculation, if you read between the lines, Foudy, OO, Malinski, Ahcan, Tufte, and Burke are going to be the guys they rely on for offense. Chance for Olofsson and Hunt to be down. Didn't sound like there is much of a plan for Pavel to be in Loveland. ;)
There’s just no plan for him to provide offense lol

Reactions: niwotsblessing

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I talked myself into another topic on the prospect poll thread lol. So going to post that thought here. The Eagles have a bit of a logjam on D this year it seems. This is assuming MacDermid is the scratch up with Avs and Hunt is sent down to be the top call-up and be the Eagles captain as he was when Megna got claimed.

So that leaves some form of;

Middleton-Hunt
Ahcan-Clurman
Aamodt-Malinski
Fairbrother-Schueneman

That’s 8 guys who should be playing nightly. Maybe if anyone Fairbrother is a scratch? But who else do you sit? All should be nightly players and imagine both would be rightly pissed to be scratches. Not counting the AHL/ECHL two way contracts that are Mayhew, Underwood, and others that will obvi start in Utah.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I talked myself into another topic on the prospect poll thread lol. So going to post that thought here. The Eagles have a bit of a logjam on D this year it seems. This is assuming MacDermid is the scratch up with Avs and Hunt is sent down to be the top call-up and be the Eagles captain as he was when Megna got claimed.

Middleton-Hunt
Ahcan-Clurman
Aamodt-Malinski
Fairbrother-Schueneman

That’s 8 guys who should be playing nightly. Maybe if anyone Fairbrother is a scratch? But who else do you sit? All should be nightly players and imagine both would be rightly pissed to be scratches. Not counting the AHL/ECHL two way contracts that are Mayhew, Underwood, and others that will obvi start in Utah.
I actually think that is a proper setup for depth and injuries.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He should pronounce it like Avon Avon and roll into contract negotiations like a straight G.

iu

Reactions: MarkT

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Middleton-Hunt
Ahcan-Clurman
Aamodt-Malinski
Fairbrother-Schueneman

There’s no roster limit in the AHL so they will carry more extras but there’s also AHL contract guys in the mix as well like you said. I wouldn’t be shocked if they send Fairbrother to Utah with the excuse he’s played 25 pro games in two years and could use the tuneup until injuries begin to compound.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Kiviranta and Holland sign AHL deals w/ the Eagles. I'm assuming that since Kozun isn't mentioned that he didn't have much interest in attempting his NHL comeback in the AHL.

Reactions: AvsFan2123

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Wow. Kind of wild that Kiviranta accepted an AHL contract. I figured he’d go to Europe before doing that. How much can AHK contracts even go up to? Last I saw/knew they topped out around 150K?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow. Kind of wild that Kiviranta accepted an AHL contract. I figured he’d go to Europe before doing that. How much can AHK contracts even go up to? Last I saw/knew they topped out around 150K?
I really feel like he'll get games this year too. Injuries and inconsistent play and whatnot is going to lead to these bottom-6ers getting their looks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There is zero cap… they could earn 15m and it would be okay. Realistically most AHL deals max out in the few hundred k. You might find a rando one that is outside that (usually connected to the NHL still).

Reactions: AvsFan2123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad