B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why 1 year? If he breaks out then the sens gotta pay big. But if you had signed him for 2 or 3 years, and he doesn't break out, he's still a good ahler or serviceable bottom 6 guy. Seems like a lose lose contract for the sens.

Crookshank is our Rafaël Harvey-Pinard at best

RHP scored 14 goals in 34 games in 2022-23 but still only got $1,100,000 x 2 years after... and then only had 10 pts in 45 games this season. Crooks will never be expensive, don't worry

It would be nice if he carves out a 4th line role ala Kelly but that's about it. Guys like Mathieu Joseph and Ridly Greig need to make up our 3rd line, not Crookshanks. I mean, if we want to be more competitive

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I like him as a bottom 6er but if anything, these are exactly the types of contracts we should be handing out to these types of players.

We need to stop handing out longer term contracts on guys that can't be impact players.

And again, I am a big fan, have been for a while.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why 1 year? If he breaks out then the sens gotta pay big. But if you had signed him for 2 or 3 years, and he doesn't break out, he's still a good ahler or serviceable bottom 6 guy. Seems like a lose lose contract for the sens.
How big do you think this breakout is gonna be

Reactions: aragorn

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I am still a Matinpalo believer and think he can be an NHLer. I liked him when he was up with the Sens, and under a better structure and experience, he can be an NHL body.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Matinpalo getting a stack to come back. 200k. That's more than they gave Guenette, Crookshank and Reinhardt.

Reactions: Icelevel

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I am still a Matinpalo believer and think he can be an NHLer. I liked him when he was up with the Sens, and under a better structure and experience, he can be an NHL body.
Looks a bit passive out there, but his +/- in Belleville (yeah, bad stat, I know, but he's best on the team) is intriguing. Maybe indeed some more experience in NA is what he needs and he can take the next step. Is he that much worse than JBD? Good depth to have in Belleville in any case.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Jarventie Halliday Pettersson
Crookshank Ostapchuk Boucher
Reinhardt Rees Daoust
________ ______ __________

edit: I think Crookshank makes Ottawa's team.

(Sokolov, Bongiovanni, Imama unsigned)

Assuming Kleven is in Ottawa permanently

Sebrango Guenette
Hamara Mantinpalo
Donovan Toure

Sogaard
Merilainen

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Have they brought in anyone new? I think this is just maintenance. They'll have to replace Smejkal and probably Kleven too.
So far they have re-signed Matinpalo, Crookshank, Rees, Reinhardt & the Coach Bell & I expect that a few prospects will join the team for next season. Halliday will be there full time to start next season, Donovan LD likely joins the team & given he is a LD could replace Kleven & I expect Toure RD to also join the team for next season. Not sure what Hamara LD will do given he is a 20 yr old.

There are still four RFAs they could re-sign & 6 UFAs they could re-sign or move on from. Not sure what they will do with prospects Walberg LD, Nordberg LD, O'Neil RW or Vantassel RW who are all 20 yrs old, they could just move on from them at some point or maybe give one a try out with Belleville. They have signed so far 9 forwards, 5 defencemen & 1 goalie.

All Signed:
Crookshank - Halliday - Petersson
Jarventie - Rees - Boucher
Daoust - Ostapchuk - Reinhardt

Donovan - Guennette
Sebrango - Matinpalo
Toure

Merilainen

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Jarventie Halliday Pettersson
Crookshank Ostapchuk Boucher
Reinhardt Rees Daoust
________ ______ __________

edit: I think Crookshank makes Ottawa's team.

(Sokolov, Bongiovanni, Imama unsigned)

Assuming Kleven is in Ottawa permanently

Sebrango Guenette
Hamara Mantinpalo
Donovan Toure

Sogaard
Merilainen
Hope they bring back Heatherington, or someone similar, as this is a very young defense with not much depth to deal with injuries.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hope they bring back Heatherington, or someone similar, as this is a very young defense with not much depth to deal with injuries.
Hoping for Heatherington too. He’ll be a big help. He’s needed imo with that young d

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
They need to bring in some new blood. Last year’s squad barely made it into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad