B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why 1 year? If he breaks out then the sens gotta pay big. But if you had signed him for 2 or 3 years, and he doesn't break out, he's still a good ahler or serviceable bottom 6 guy. Seems like a lose lose contract for the sens.

Crookshank is our Rafaël Harvey-Pinard at best

RHP scored 14 goals in 34 games in 2022-23 but still only got $1,100,000 x 2 years after... and then only had 10 pts in 45 games this season. Crooks will never be expensive, don't worry

It would be nice if he carves out a 4th line role ala Kelly but that's about it. Guys like Mathieu Joseph and Ridly Greig need to make up our 3rd line, not Crookshanks. I mean, if we want to be more competitive

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I like him as a bottom 6er but if anything, these are exactly the types of contracts we should be handing out to these types of players.

We need to stop handing out longer term contracts on guys that can't be impact players.

And again, I am a big fan, have been for a while.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why 1 year? If he breaks out then the sens gotta pay big. But if you had signed him for 2 or 3 years, and he doesn't break out, he's still a good ahler or serviceable bottom 6 guy. Seems like a lose lose contract for the sens.
How big do you think this breakout is gonna be

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I am still a Matinpalo believer and think he can be an NHLer. I liked him when he was up with the Sens, and under a better structure and experience, he can be an NHL body.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I am still a Matinpalo believer and think he can be an NHLer. I liked him when he was up with the Sens, and under a better structure and experience, he can be an NHL body.
Looks a bit passive out there, but his +/- in Belleville (yeah, bad stat, I know, but he's best on the team) is intriguing. Maybe indeed some more experience in NA is what he needs and he can take the next step. Is he that much worse than JBD? Good depth to have in Belleville in any case.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00