GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
All those teams can’t win at the same time. But all those teams were constant threats.
I just outlined to you that none of them had serious runs besides when they won. They lost in the first and second rounds every other year. Besides Tampa who made finals/ conference finals apparences in their window

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
And they only won Covid Cups.
Who knows what Full Seasons in your own Division could have wrought? :dunno:
One thing is for certain they wouldn't have been facing a Dominique Ducharme coached Habs team.
True but I still think they win at least 1 cup under normal circumstances. My point was that they were making Cup finals plural and eastern Conference finals in their window which is why they're the exception. Vegas too if you count that fluke run in their first year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How about the same move for Brandsegg-Nygard? An hard nose bullying type of forward, 6'1", 207 lbs. A perfect fit for a 3rd line forward, this what I call depth and sometimes this kind of player makes the difference in PO. This type of player is the one you want to have on your side when tought times comes.

Here's a text about him :
Michael Brandsegg-Nygård is a gamer. Far from just holding his own, Brandsegg-Nygård bullied his opponents most nights. He went into every retrieval seeking out contact and almost always connected. Thunderous hits sent his opponents flying from the puck, and when he couldn’t overwhelm them with brute force, technique would take its place in the form of reverse hits, subtle jabs at the puck through contact to keep it from his opponent’s stick, or a drive up and through their hands to establish inside positioning. Source : EliteProspect 2024 NHL Draft Guide.
I love him and I think a lot of NHL teams will love him. He will go higher than expected.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Demidov will be picked if he is there at 5. We are not trading our pick then.

Lindstrom is too risky for me at 5. One of those picks that makes you look like a genius or a dummy. Chronic back issues can come back and then think about the style of game he plays and how the NHL can wear you out. I see the potential but the risks are not small.

I like Dickenson too. But I also like the list of guys you seen in the post you replied to. Levshunov and Silyayev have top 4D potential for me but they might be off the board at 5 anyways. I do like Dickenson over the other two.

So from these 5 guys, I'd be passing on Lindstrom and you likely have only Dickenson on the board. I like my chances with who is on the board at 9 and 10. Those can hits just like Dickenson
Fair point, I am concerned by the back as well.

Its too damn close to change all of our minds anyways, and truthfully, between 2-14 a redraft could look completely different in 3-4 years. I personally love Dickinson. I have him as the 2nd best player in this draft. I just see him as such a safe pick with a very high floor. I have watched him a ton, including in numerous games with Mailloux. I am a Mailloux booster, but Dickinson to my eye, just looks that much better. Factoring in team needs however, and I put DIckinson 5th on my team draft board. Here is my top 5 BPA today.

Celebrini
Dickinson
Levshunov
Demidov
Lindstrom

Here is my Habs draft board one day out from the draft....

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Dickinson
Silyayev
Iginla
Catton
Senecke

Buium
Parekh

Helenius
Eiserman

Realistically, I only have my eye on two forwards. If we miss out, I will be happy with one of those three D-men. If we go something like Iginla, Catton or Sennecke, I will be okay with it and trust the scouts. If it's Buium or Parekh, I will be cautiously optimistic.

If it's Helenius, I will shocked but still optimistic that he is some sort of Suzuki part 2. I will immediately jump to the conclusion that @Goldenhands is somehow related to Geoff Molson.

If Eiserman.....shocked as well....but intrigued by his scoring prowess.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anyone who doesn't have the potential to be a first line scorer or PP quarterback.

Not sure who that would be though. I was not that high on Reinbacher last year but understand why we took him.

I can see cases to support any pick on Bob's list from 2-12.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think he has a higher risk of not living up to his draft position than someone like Dickinson. It’s tough when you don’t have the physical tools. He has the higher upside, but it’s still an uphill battle.

I tend to believe that IQ is always the biggest risk, and that's his strength (Buuim). I agree Dickinson's floor is high because of his physical attributes.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Say what you will about our "solid D prospects", we still haven't got any safe bet to become a first pairing D in the whole organization.

Even the management talked about Reinbacher as a "solid top-4 D" after drafting him last year.

We miss quality prospects pretty much everywhere. We're definitely not at a point where perceived "needs" should have any influence on who we end up picking.

Top 4 D? Don’t think so

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
F*** it. I’m grabbing some beers and takeout and taking the day off work tomorrow.
# CONFIRMED

1719508966895.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How much action do people think will be taking place before 7:30 PM?
If I worked night shift I'd use a day otherwise I'd be taking a day off just to twiddle my thumbs here.
I guess trying to keep up with the gossip is a thing. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad