B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Belleville needs to add some better centres, probably why they moved Jarventie & Ostapchuk to centre, I doubt either play centre in Ottawa when they get called up. I expect that Halliday C will join the B-Sens for next season after his school yr is done.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Belleville needs to add some better centres, probably why they moved Jarventie & Ostapchuk to centre, I doubt either play centre in Ottawa when they get called up. I expect that Halliday C will join the B-Sens for next season after his school yr is done.
What other current prospects do you seeing joining the B-Sens between now and next season?
It sounds like Oskar Petterson is coming over. You mention Halliday potentially when his NCAA season wraps up. I would imagine Donovan would be a candidate and possibly Toure, out of the OHL in the off-season (or sooner). Anyone else?

Reactions: aragorn

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What other current prospects do you seeing joining the B-Sens between now and next season?
It sounds like Oskar Petterson is coming over. You mention Halliday potentially when his NCAA season wraps up. I would imagine Donovan would be a candidate and possibly Toure, out of the OHL in the off-season (or sooner). Anyone else?
Hamara? Turns 20 this March.

I mean not before the end of this season, but surely next season?

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Why wasn’t Oscar wasn’t getting ice time in Sweden? What should we expect from him playing on the B-Sens?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Why wasn’t Oscar wasn’t getting ice time in Sweden? What should we expect from him playing on the B-Sens?
He was getting about 8 mins a game, but not producing in the SHL 1 assist in 26 games, they sent him down to the U20 team for 4 games and he had 4g 1a 4pms and +7.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The guys you mentioned plus maybe Oliver Johansson is a skilled 20 yr old Swede who plays C/LW, not sure when he comes over. Theo Walberg LD is a 6'4" 20 yr old who plays with Halliday, not sure if he leaves school & Filip Nordberg LD is another 6'4" 19 yr old Swede, also not sure if he comes over.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The guys you mentioned plus maybe Oliver Johansson is a skilled 20 yr old Swede who plays C/LW, not sure when he comes over. Theo Walberg LD is a 6'4" 20 yr old who plays with Halliday, not sure if he leaves school & Filip Nordberg LD is another 6'4" 19 yr old Swede, also not sure if he comes over.
Nordberg is playing in the USHL this year

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens don’t have space on the backend for our 3 guys, + Toure, who are eligible to join Belleville from NA next year.

No chance Thomson is back, that frees a spot.

But there is almost no chance Belleville will be adding Donovan, Hamara, Nordberg and Toure at the same time.

Donovan will be there for sure, and will be getting big minutes. Any of the other 3 could be back as overagers, or in Tioure’s case in the Coast.

Petterson will be in Belleville for sure, Halliday has an outside shot should he want to turn pro. Not sure Johansson has much of a future in Ottawa’s system.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sens don’t have space on the backend for our 3 guys, + Toure, who are eligible to join Belleville from NA next year.

No chance Thomson is back, that frees a spot.

But there is almost no chance Belleville will be adding Donovan, Hamara, Nordberg and Toure at the same time.

Donovan will be there for sure, and will be getting big minutes. Any of the other 3 could be back as overagers, or in Tioure’s case in the Coast.

Petterson will be in Belleville for sure, Halliday has an outside shot should he want to turn pro. Not sure Johansson has much of a future in Ottawa’s system.
Isn’t Nordberg going to NCAA.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Isn’t Nordberg going to NCAA.
He can't I don't believe, especially as a soon to be 20 year old without a commitment it will be a different path. He signed a contract with the SHL in 2023, a pro contract.

His development path is bizarre, to put it lightly.

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He can't I don't believe, especially as a soon to be 20 year old without a commitment it will be a different path. He signed a contract with the SHL in 2023, a pro contract.

His development path is bizarre, to put it lightly.
He played games in the SHL in 2022-2023

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He played games in the SHL in 2022-2023
I believe that was on a loan, same as Willander this past season who is now at BU, he only had to miss his first weekend of games because of the SHL games he played. Though I'm unsure of how Allsvenskan contracts are viewed by NCAA.

He signed a pro SHL contract with Vaxjo, though he never made the team, in May of 2023.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Pettersson starts

1706917031077.png

1706917081942.png

Roster Notes:

After a quiet week with little to no transactions, there are a few roster updates to pass along today. The Ottawa Senators made a goaltender swap just ahead of the NHL All-Star Break, sending Mads Sogaard back to the AHL while recalling Kevin Mandolese from Belleville. Forward Rourke Chartier was also returned to Belleville and is expected to join the Club next week. The Senators also assigned rookie forward Oskar Petterson to Belleville, after the soon-to-be 20-year-old started the season with Rogle BK in Sweden. Petterson, who has represented Sweden at the World Under 18 Championship and twice at the World Junior Hockey Championship, was selected by Ottawa in the third round of the 2022 NHL Draft.

Who to Watch:

Belleville’s All-Star forward Angus Crookshank has retaken the team lead in scoring, after a three-point performance (two goals, one assist) last Saturday in Grand Rapids. The North Vancouver, BC native now has 27 points (13 goals, 14 assists) in 33 games this season. Fellow forward Matt Highmore also had a three-point night (one goal, two assists) on Saturday in Grand Rapids, while Garrett Pilon has three assists over his last four games.

Crunch rookie forward Walterri Mrela brings a six-game point streak (five goals, three assists) into tonight’s game, while Cole Koepke has points in five straight games (two goals, three assists). Goaltender Hugo Alnefelt has also picked up five straight wins stopping 135 of 145 shots, including 22 of 23 in Wednesday’s win over Rochester.

Follow the action:

Today’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad