Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Because Zetterlund'ss value is in the next 4-5 years and this team isn't likely to be contending until he's 28/29.

This year the Sharks are going to likely be a bottom 3 team and even if they draft someone like Hensler or Schaefer they aren't going to be ready for 2-3 years.

Replacing 35-40 point Middle 6 players is easier than trying to find top 4 quality d-men.
Who is trading us a quality top-4 defenseman in an age range and price point that makes sense for us for Zetterlund?

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Yea this team might have to pick up defense as we go with futures like Wilson did ala Rivet, Campbell, Blake, Boyle, Burns, etc

Hopefully this version of the Sharks futures figures it out faster

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who is trading us a quality top-4 defenseman in an age range and price point that makes sense for us for Zetterlund?
I'm not sure that there is that sort of player available and I'd like to keep Zetterlund as long as that is the case. I don't think I care much about what Zetterlund's extension looks like. I think he can be a solid contributor for a long time at around 4-5 mil per. And at that sort of rate, I think he can be tradeable for a piece we need or if we develop a surplus of wingers during his term.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
We'll need guys like Zetts around. He'll be. solid contributor and not break the bank. Gonna need those kinds of forwards when Celebrini, Musty, Smith, Hagens and Halttunen are all making 9+

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yea this team might have to pick up defense as we go with futures like Wilson did ala Rivet, Campbell, Blake, Boyle, Burns, etc

Hopefully this version of the Sharks futures figures it out faster
This is exactly how it's going to go. No team is built 100% through the draft, and as fun as it is to dream about a contending roster of just Sharks' draftees, it's just not going to happen.

I think the core of the Sharks defense in our (hopefully) contending years of Celebrini is going to be built around Dickinson, Mukhamadullin, hopefully one of Cagnoni/LSW/Pohlkamp, and a couple of acquisitions via trade and/or UFA. Think acquiring the Boyle/Burns via trade and Martin via UFA while having home-grown Vlasic/Braun in your system.

Part of the reason I'm uninterested in trading Zetterlund is that Grier has not shown the ability to maximize trade returns so far other than arguably the Meier trade. I've been fine with that so far since we're in the tear down phase, but eventually he'll have to hit some home run trade valuations in order to take this team to the next level.

Unless Montreal is giving up on Reinbacher or Columbus has decided that Jiricek is a bust, now really isn't the time to trade a young glue guy who actively wants to be here long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad