Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So our goalie plan is to ride blackwood and vanecek, opportunistically trading one by the deadline, and hoping Askarov can make the jump to backup at least at that point?
I think Askarov will make the big club out of camp. Vanecek is coming off season ending surgery and is kind of a bum anyway.

Reactions: Baysick

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
What are the contracts for Vanacek and Blackwood? One more year for Blackwood and 2 for Vanacek? Is there a site that lists contracts?

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't really see where they put him. Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Theodore, McNabb, Whitecloud, and Hague are pretty much locks for their top 6 on D. Then they signed Ben Hutton to a 2 year extension as a guy that can play both sides and won't be hurt by sitting in the press box until an injury occurs.

So unless an injury happens to one of those guys during camp, I think Korczak is going to pass through waivers and should be someone that we're salivating over using our top waiver priority to grab.
I was talking to my friend who's a Vgk fan and he thinks it's unlikely right now. They can carry 8D pretty easily since their 13th and 14th forwards are like Tanner Laczinski and Jonas Rondbjerg. Basically a couple no name guys who they wouldn't care about sending down. I do like the idea of grabbing Korczak though

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I think Askarov will make the big club out of camp. Vanecek is coming off season ending surgery and is kind of a bum anyway.
League average to slightly above league average goalie for 3 years and then a putrid year last year while dealing with some sort of injury. Not sure that’s bum territory.

Reactions: TheBigDrunkPanda

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I was talking to my friend who's a Vgk fan and he thinks it's unlikely right now. They can carry 8D pretty easily since their 13th and 14th forwards are like Tanner Laczinski and Jonas Rondbjerg. Basically a couple no name guys who they wouldn't care about sending down. I do like the idea of grabbing Korczak though
Can go 13F and 8D, but then you’re stunting Korczak from playing games. They also have Pearson in on a PTO now as well that could claim a roster spot.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
League average to slightly above league average goalie for 3 years and then a putrid year last year while dealing with some sort of injury. Not sure that’s bum territory.
He’s only had one season in his career where his goals saved above expected wasn’t severely negative.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
6th or 7th?, he was barely top 10
Im not sure how our 6th or 7th ranked prospect expected to be a 3rd line C and a likely late Vegas 1st for a goalie that went 11th overall a few years back and is on every list as top 3 goalie prospect in the world is "massive overpay"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What are the contracts for Vanacek and Blackwood? One more year for Blackwood and 2 for Vanacek? Is there a site that lists contracts?
They both have this season left on their contracts. I suspect that the idea will be to have Blackwood be the #1 with Vanecek as the backup while Askarov starts in the AHL. If any injuries come up which is practically guaranteed with these two, Askarov will probably get the starts. Then again, if Askarov blows the door off of preseason, there's nothing wrong with making him the #1 and having Blackwood behind him and waiving Vanecek. Though to be real, I would take any sort of swap with Vanecek that comes up. Vancouver is looking for a goalie while Demko heals. The issue there is what Vancouver actually wants to move back to make that work.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Im not sure how our 6th or 7th ranked prospect expected to be a 3rd line C and a likely late Vegas 1st for a goalie that went 11th overall a few years back and is on every list as top 3 goalie prospect in the world is "massive overpay"
Not that I was high on Edstrom seems like he was thrown in just to throw him in and I posted this before I knew it was a conditional first. So it’s not a massive overpay but still an overpay.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
He isn’t but okay. Edstrom is a projected good middle 6 player.
Projected bottom 6 on most scouting sites I use.
Shark fan optimism was he could be a poor man's 2nd line C if he hits his ceiling and that his floor was "definitely NHL", and most likely 3C".

If you want to find me a source that projects him any higher than 3C with reasoning, ill read it.

He was our 8th or 9th best prospect in a position we are very strong in.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Shark fan optimism was he could be a poor man's 2nd line C if he hits his ceiling and that his floor was "definitely NHL", and most likely 3C".

If you want to find me a source that projects him any higher than 3C with reasoning, ill read it.

I always felt like that was Bystedt’s ceiling - outside chance of a 2nd line C but likeliest option is a good 3C and Edstrom’s ceiling was a really good 3C or a great 4C.

But yes, I agree with you.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California

I agree with this assessment but he wasn't a throw in.

Trotz definitely wanted a center prospect in any deal. He values them a lot more than other types.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

One that took a bunch of scout reports and did cliff notes of that. One that says he could be a top 6 C and one that says he can be a good bottom 6 C (which basically means good 3C OR middle sixer).

But no continue with your story. This board is insane.

Either way, that’s not a throw in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad