Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
I say you keep Byram unless an offer blows you away. Example: A team comes at you with a center under age 25 who has put up numbers *and* doesn't have an injury history? You take a look and see if it makes sense. Outside of Makar, Mack, and Rants no one should be labeled untouchable.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Is Makar fast? He's much thicker than Byram. Mackinnon is lean but not skinny and he's pretty damn fast too.

Byram is just skinny and I doubt he loses speed when his body fills out, he'll likely gain endurance actually.

Makar really isn't much thicker than Byram. You see Makar off the ice and he's a pretty lean build.
Careful. That poster who keeps going on about how ‘out of shape’ Cale is and how he ‘needs to lose the baby fat’ is going to show up. We’re going to get round 3 of ranking which Avs have the best bodies

Bo is really skinny but I’m not sold bulking up the way most people talk about it is the greatest idea and do worry it could affect his skating. He’ll probably fill out a bit naturally which is all he should really do

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I say you keep Byram unless an offer blows you away. Example: A team comes at you with a center under age 25 who has put up numbers *and* doesn't have an injury history? You take a look and see if it makes sense. Outside of Makar, Mack, and Rants no one should be labeled untouchable.
I'd keep Byram rsther than trade for a C.
Much harder to get him than a 2C

Get Luosterinen out of Florida and run an all Finnish 2nd line

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Not trying to discuss mens physiques here, but Makar doesn't look lean at all to me now. He's gotten a lot bigger.

avoid-conversation.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bo is really skinny but I’m not sold bulking up the way most people talk about it is the greatest idea and do worry it could affect his skating. He’ll probably fill out a bit naturally which is all he should really do
That's pretty much what we're all saying, it will come naturally. Some kids look like men at 16 and for others like Byram it takes longer.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
That's pretty much what we're all saying, it will come naturally. Some kids look like men at 16 and for others like Byram it takes longer.
Byram and Makar weigh the same (205 ) bit Bowill be bigger when he does fill out. He is taller

I'd be down for getting Lafreniere. I likened him to a poor man's Landy during his draft year. Not as tough or strong but that kind of physical game with skill.

Make ithappen CMac

Toothless Legend

Oct 15, 2021
Wheat Ridge, CO
I'd love to find a way to get Brock Nelson off the Island, but it seems like the Isles are content to convert him to a full-time winger in the face of Borzal tandem. If nothing else he could replace the retiring EJ as my on-brand avatar.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Landeskog or Nuke are down, I want Avs to go after Meier.

If the Jets decide to blow it up, Lowery needs to be acquired at all costs and even overpayment if that's what it takes to get him. I know he doesn't fit my bill of being a young centre, but he'd be an amazing #2, like seriously amazing.

Reactions: Frenchy

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If Landeskog or Nuke are down, I want Avs to go after Meier.

If the Jets decide to blow it up, Lowery needs to be acquired at all costs and even overpayment if that's what it takes to get him. I know he doesn't fit my bill of being a young centre, but he'd be an amazing #2, like seriously amazing.
Meier would be a good get. Curious to see how he is after that hit from Trouba... that was rough.

What about Scheifele? His name has floated around these parts for awhile.

Whatever happens the Avalanche can't sit on their hands waiting for Nuke and Landy to be ready. Hopefully they know by the draft where both of them will be, if either of them is out past the first 1/4 of the season count them out and fill their spot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meier would be a good get. Curious to see how he is after that hit from Trouba... that was rough.

What about Scheifele? His name has floated around these parts for awhile.

Whatever happens the Avalanche can't sit on their hands waiting for Nuke and Landy to be ready. Hopefully they know by the draft where both of them will be, if either of them is out past the first 1/4 of the season count them out and fill their spot.
I think Scheifele gets too much hate on this board, but he's still a pretty big prick. Kadri is a prick himself but was an awesome teammate when Scheifele is sort of an all-around prick. I think Lowry would be a much better player to get if he's available. Would fit Bednar's system wonderfully, Scheifele has some Matt Duchene-esque strengths and weaknesses. Can do offence, but has some dry spells and doesn't really focus a lot on defence as much as he should as a centre. We can also grab ROR again, but he's probably wanting his last "payday" and might price himself out of Avs cap structure. That and I am not sure he'll ever come back here as long as Sakic is in a high position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frenchy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What do you even do with Newhook? He had the unfair and unrealistic expectations of being the 2C at the start of the season and I’ll admit, I was all for giving him that chance for a few months to see what he can do. Then he got pushed and pulled in every different direction up and down the lineup. The season ends with him providing literally nothing in terms of both production and on ice impact.

I have no idea what he is as a player and what role (if any) he should play with this team next season.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What do you even do with Newhook? He had the unfair and unrealistic expectations of being the 2C at the start of the season and I’ll admit, I was all for giving him that chance for a few months to see what he can do. Then he got pushed and pulled in every different direction up and down the lineup. The season ends with him providing literally nothing in terms of both production and on ice impact.

I have no idea what he is as a player and what role (if any) he should play with this team next season.
If he's here next year....winger, full time, no delusions of playing him at centre. They also shouldn't try to box him into being a bottom-six grinder, which will waste any talents he does have. He should operate in a tweener #3 left wing role with offensive opportunities to see if he can hack it there.

Reactions: Avs_19

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Personally I think if he has any shot at a legit NHL career he needs to do it elsewhere. That said, the futures of Landeskog and Nichushkin may just force Colorado's hand.

Reactions: Avs_19

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Newhook, we should bring him back, but our fan base is completely done with him. For his own good I hope he gets traded. Because if he's not automatically a 60 point player in your first 2 years you're clearly a washed up bust.
He's trending downwards, but absolutely needs to be brought back. You gotta have more faith and believe that his lack of productivity is due to his age and lack of experience instead of a lack of talent.

Reactions: sethro109

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Disagree. He was put just about everywhere in the line up and underperformed everywhere in the line up.

He's trending downwards, but absolutely needs to be brought back. You gotta have more faith and believe that his lack of productivity is due to his age and lack of experience instead of a lack of talent.
Jost.... lol

Reactions: The Moops

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Disagree. He was put just about everywhere in the line up and underperformed everywhere in the line up.

Jost.... lol
Both are absolutely similar players in the NHL at this point, but one was born in Alberta and the other one on an island off the coast of Greenland. Very hard to say they will have the same development path, especially considering that Newhook was very good in the NCAA whereas Jost was sort of overrated by Boeser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad