Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
trade anyone other than Rants MacK or Makar and get better balance to the roster. Clearly needs some major overhaul.

Reactions: lionsDen

Hmmm

Feb 26, 2017
I think we all would like some big changes but I can see most of these guys coming back for what ever reason, out of the RFA's I would only bring back Bo, Meyers and Malgin and UFA let them all walk.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Girard carrying 5 million is likely to require taking some salary back. But I'm cool with that so long as said player has less term still attached. The fact is that to address depth up front the Avs are going to have to give something up on the blue line and/or shed some salary. Girard would accomplish both. Arizona would be a prime candidate as they could be attracted to him still being young and can absorb that salary solely to reach the cap floor.

Seems like if G is traded it will almost assuredly be for a 2C, which would be similar in salary anyway.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He should not bulk up. It will ruin his skating advantage.
If this is being pushed by the strength and conditioning people in the organization they need to fire every single one of them. They did that with Jost and it made him worse. They did that with Newhook and it made him worse. They did it with Girard and it made him worse. They goddamn well better not do it with Byram.

Also there is no correlation whatsoever with added muscle and durability. If anything, making yourself lighter and faster likely helps more since you can avoid hits better.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If this is being pushed by the strength and conditioning people in the organization they need to fire every single one of them. They did that with Jost and it made him worse. They did that with Newhook and it made him worse. They did it with Girard and it made him worse. They goddamn well better not do it with Byram.

Also there is no correlation whatsoever with added muscle and durability. If anything, making yourself lighter and faster likely helps more since you can avoid hits better.
Agree. I think in context here it is more about battles, but still doesn’t directly tie. They need to keep players trim and fast. Maybe if they change identities to a big, heavy, slow it down team… but as they are constructed players need to be as speedy and agile as possible.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They did that with Newhook and it made him worse. They did it with Girard and it made him worse. They goddamn well better not do it with Byram.

I honestly don't see any speed difference between Newhook and Girard this year compared to last year. I'm not sure how people are coming to that conclusion or have any evidence to support it.

Even Jost improved his skating every year and got faster while bulking up. The problem was the league and Bednar's Avalanche got faster and faster every year too and negated any gains he made.

There absolutely is a correlation between added strength and being able to handle bigger forwards in front of the net and below the goal line.

Bo's style of defense is a traditional one that requires strength. He doesn't play defense like Girard or Barrie, shadowing his assignment and just using his stick to break up plays.

He plays defense like EJ. Leaning on players, trying to box them out in front of the net and in corner battles, cross check shoving guys out of the goalies line of sight. But he's not nearly as big and strong as EJ.

Bo can bulk up his upper body in the off season without losing too much speed. Every young player needs to bulk up and then cut the extra fat. It's part of the process.

This narrative all started with MacKinnon bulking up in a bad year, but how could it have even been an issue, when they said he burned off all the extra weight a month into the season?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I would like the Avs to try to make room for Engval but I think he will be too expansive for them.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
trade anyone other than Rants MacK or Makar and get better balance to the roster. Clearly needs some major overhaul.
Those are the guys you gotta get rid of if you want a balanced roster, like Seattle's this year.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Regurgitating the mock I was part of. I did have to negotiate those trades.

1683029003360.png

1683029020380.png

1683029041158.png

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Is Makar fast? He's much thicker than Byram. Mackinnon is lean but not skinny and he's pretty damn fast too.

Byram is just skinny and I doubt he loses speed when his body fills out, he'll likely gain endurance actually.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Will Foudy be a C in the NHL or people see him more on the Wing?
From what I saw in the NHL, he looks more like a transitional winger to me. Someone who can gain zone entries with relative ease. Kinda like a less talented Burakovsky but with more jam and defensive ability in his game.

Keep in mind ive never watched him play in junior or in the AHL. Only what I saw with the Avs. So I could be wrong.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Is Makar fast? He's much thicker than Byram. Mackinnon is lean but not skinny and he's pretty damn fast too.

Byram is just skinny and I doubt he loses speed when his body fills out, he'll likely gain endurance actually.
Makar really isn't much thicker than Byram. You see Makar off the ice and he's a pretty lean build.

Byram gaining 15-20lbs would absolutely impact his skating. It really makes a huge difference in today's game.

Will Foudy be a C in the NHL or people see him more on the Wing?
He's going to be a winger... likely bottom 6 guy.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

There's no reason you can't make a guy stronger without bulking him up. I don't believe Sidney Crosby is all that bulky, he just has an extremely strong core and upper body that, in addition to his superior skating, allows him to be a not-big guy who's incredibly hard to knock off the puck.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
No post-mortem presser from CMac?
What's he going to say?

"I really did all I could! Nieto and Eller were the ONLY targets that could have been had! We had a 2C all year! It's not my fault that I didn't help MacK and Rants to shore up the team in their career years! Swearsies"

• Haha
Reactions: AvStock

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There's no reason you can't make a guy stronger without bulking him up. I don't believe Sidney Crosby is all that bulky, he just has an extremely strong core and upper body that, in addition to his superior skating, allows him to be a not-big guy who's incredibly hard to knock off the puck.
This is Crosby:

KzpqSnj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad