Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Again I don't disagree but that was not the point. I was responding to a post saying one contract = the other with no discount. The same amount of money does not mean there isn't a discount.
It is all relative… for Landy and Nuke (and Toews) I get the disregard of the last season. For MacK, probably not.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nylander would be an awesome fit here but we just can't spend the money we have on a winger.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Didn’t Nylander play center before?

Yeah, I thought he played some C too? If he does, he's one of the few fits for a Toews swap.

I think it's still far more likely we go bargain basement for reclamation projects, but I think a pretty decent option for a less flashy trade would be to try to swap G for Nick Schmaltz as the core of a deal. AZ needs D help, Schmaltz's real dollar salary is about to jump this year and his limited NTC kicks in too.

Obviously there's other pieces that are more attractive there, but I bet they cost through the roof or aren't available. Schmaltz is a decent 2C if you ignore faceoffs, which fortunately for us we don't give a shit about and if Landy ever comes back, he can mitigate that. I wouldn't mind seeing if we could get Boyd or something in the deal too, he'd be a solid bottom 6 piece.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nylander can play center… not sure if you can win with him in a major role. He can make some absurd plays and is crazy talented… his style means he will make some very egregious mistakes at the worst times.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Nylander can play center… not sure if you can win with him in a major role. He can make some absurd plays and is crazy talented… his style means he will make some very egregious mistakes at the worst times.
He is smooth as f***, but doesn’t battle enough.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There are definitely some sideshow organizations going to move some remarkable players this offseason but unfortunately CMac has done nothing to prove he’s capable of prying one for the Avs. Hope that changes but man I’m down on that guy as GM.
He played a major part in the Duchene trade, what makes you think he didn’t play a part in other key trades? You think that was purely Sakic?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He played a major part in the Duchene trade, what makes you think he didn’t play a part in other key trades? You think that was purely Sakic?
I don’t think it was purely Sakic, but I think Sakic was certainly the closer. He made things happen. Through one season as GM Cmac hasn’t. Both EJ and Mackinnon have spoken out on a certain something happening at the deadline that didn’t come to fruition.

It’s a small sample but year 1 was a failure.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad