Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What context? The dude literally has shown the ability to play and done it consistently the last couple years? He's not a 2C but he's very easily a capable 3C.
OK I'll bite.

He scored 17 goals in a year where scoring was sky high, he's got 35 assists playing on PP1 and next to a guy that scored 55 goals. Those are bad numbers in relation to the quality of his ice time.

His advanced stats at center were always among the worst in the NHL. When he plays center he simply makes everyone around him worse but when he's on the wing he's a perfectly fine middle 6er. That's all.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
OK I'll bite.

He scored 17 goals in a year where scoring was sky high, he's got 35 assists playing on PP1 and next to a guy that scored 55 goals. Those are bad numbers in relation to the quality of his ice time.

His advanced stats at center were always among the worst in the NHL. When he plays center he simply makes everyone around him worse but when he's on the wing he's a perfectly fine middle 6er.
This year he played at a 2C level. His defensive numbers were fantastic and offensively they were certainly inflated by playing with Mikko but still at a 2C level. In no way do I think this level is sustainable for him but he clearly played at a very decent level this year at C. Last year he played at a 3C level. Had okay defensive numbers and offensive numbers a little higher than normal. Keep him in the bottom 6 and he's fine but typically the top 6 will cause issues if he's there past spot duty.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Compher was never scratched in the playoffs? And he had some big moments, particularly against Edmonton.

Also he very clearly had a 2C level season. 52pts and high end defensive impact. It's not sustainable long term but it in fact happened, that's not really up for debate.

I'm also not advocating for re signing him. He's not remotely going to be worth his contract. I'm just saying the dude can play C.

Yeah, I remember Bura being scratched, which I think Bednar later said was more due to injuries impacting his game.

Girard, Gru, and Bura were my cup team passengers.

He can play center, yes. He can do a lot of things that are going to get him paid lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
OK I'll bite.

His advanced stats at center were always among the worst in the NHL. When he plays center he simply makes everyone around him worse but when he's on the wing he's a perfectly fine middle 6er. That's all.

I remember those days, but didn't they just write a freaking selke article with his name in it?

My argument is more that he isn't consistent enough at the things that made him the winner of that role. So I don't want him in an important position. Especially after a raise.

And yes, he could be sitting on 60 points and I would be afraid. Look at Newhooks production giving people hope lol.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Okay, I was going to ask for a volunteer. *looks at @CobraAcesS* You know what Navy stands for, right?

Anyways, I was going to ask for a volunteer to be the opposing GMs and player agents for me as I do a mock summer on capfriendly's armchair GM. I thought it would give me the ability to bounce my ideas off of someone who would be instead acting in the best interest of the opposing team or in the players best interest in case I'm not "respecting" them enough with salary or conditions.

Then it dawned on me. It's a long summer, and this actually might be a fun game if there is interest. How many of you would be up for a game starting with the Avs 2023-24 season and a cap of 83,500,000 and Landy on LTIR as the starting conditions. You'll create your team from there but with the caveat that you'll be paired with someone else in the competition, and that person will be the opposing team's GM and player agents for you, just like you will be for someone else. You have to agree to a deal for it happen, just like you'll have to agree to salary and conditions for players your are signing. I'd prefer to break the groups up so each person will be a GM for a different person than the one that was the GM for them. It would cut down on possible collusion/conflicts of interest and let's be honest, if you ain't cheatin', you're not trying.

How many folks would be interested? If there is interest, we can develop rules and timelines then.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Okay, I was going to ask for a volunteer. *looks at @CobraAcesS* You know what Navy stands for, right?

Anyways, I was going to ask for a volunteer to be the opposing GMs and player agents for me as I do a mock summer on capfriendly's armchair GM. I thought it would give me the ability to bounce my ideas off of someone who would be instead acting in the best interest of the opposing team or in the players best interest in case I'm not "respecting" them enough with salary or conditions.

Then it dawned on me. It's a long summer, and this actually might be a fun game if there is interest. Would there be folks interested in a contest putting together a team using the Avs current starting situation but with the caveat, you'll be paired with someone else in the competition, and that person will be the opposing team's GM and player agents for you, just like you will be for someone else. I'd like to break the pairings so you're not both for each other, to prevent collusion, 'cause I know...if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

How many folks would be interested? If there is interest, we can develop rules and timelines then.

That I would be down for. Although if I'm on the opposing GM side expect it to be comprehensive, but not to the level of analytics. I'm not a fancy Stat guy by any means, but I respect it enough.

The clearly negative people should either definitely be the opposing GM, or not allowed to be, depending on how you want the games difficulty level to be. 🤣

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, I remember Bura being scratched, which I think Bednar later said was more due to injuries impacting his game.

Girard, Gru, and Bura were my cup team passengers.

He can play center, yes. He can do a lot of things that are going to get him paid lol.
Gru was the ultimate passenger

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Gru was the ultimate passenger

I still can barely believe we won with that in net. I have a German family history as well. So it chaps my ass even more.

Really wanted to like him, but that would be like idolizing a clown 🤡 that barely cares what the outcome is.

The team played against him about like they do in practice. So they obviously didn't want to embarrass him though.

Reactions: Azrael89

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think I would rage quit if Kingslayer was sitting on the other side as the opposing GM. Just saying lol
I'm really have a chemobrain moment and I am spacing the gentleman's name. He was here just killing it with GM like quotes all spring and summer the year we won the cup and then has been around a lot less frequently since. Want to say he had a Jared Bednar avatar. Driving me absolutely nuts. Anyways, the contest would be all the better for players like him, you and @kingslayer. I mean, the idea is to not have a pie-in-the-eye we can do this!!! team. But it should show that if you are willing to take a chance, you can really affect the team this summer in a lot of different ways.

And by being somewhat positive about it, hopefully begin the process of washing the bad taste of this season out of the mouth.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm really have a chemobrain moment and I am spacing the gentleman's name. He was here just killing it with GM like quotes all spring and summer the year we won the cup and then has been around a lot less frequently since. Want to say he had a Jared Bednar avatar. Driving me absolutely nuts. Anyways, the contest would be all the better for players like him, you and @kingslayer. I mean, the idea is to not have a pie-in-the-eye we can do this!!! team. But it should show that if you are willing to take a chance, you can really affect the team this summer in a lot of different ways.

And by being somewhat positive about it, hopefully begin the process of washing the bad taste of this season out of the mouth.
@Richard88 :nod:

Miss you Richard.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Yeah it would be fun to see if there is a legit way to pry Hayton out of AZ lol. I'm with ya on that one.

Are you talking about the dude that did all of the Armchair GM stuff, but was actually realistic is his salary projections? I don't either, but if that's who you're talking about it is Rich something I thought lol. Starts with an R I think.

Bombs and shitty roads give you about the same memory hiccups lol.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
In yesterday's podcast the DNVR guys went hard after those who compare Newhook to Jost.

lol I saw that. I get showing some homerism but there are times those guys go full clown mode. Im sorry for Meghan. Rudo is most of the times clever, but when he dives together with AJ... oh boy.

they need to stop trying to paint it gold. NewJost was a bad pick. end of story. just one more in the long Avs list. they expected a 2C out of him. he cant cut even as a 3C. he is an average 3rd line winger. maybe he can still improve. yeah maybe. also maybe I marry Roseanne Park someday.:p:

Newjost should only be kept for next season if he signs a VERY team friendly bridge. and is slotted in the bottom six. btw if Canes dont keep Poolparty Id bring him instead to play in NewJost spot. or Id even bring Dro... no, that is a bit too far, I admit. :P

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
lol I saw that. I get showing some homerism but there are times those guys go full clown mode. Im sorry for Meghan. Rudo is most of the times clever, but when he dives together with AJ... oh boy.

they need to stop trying to paint it gold. NewJost was a bad pick. end of story. just one more in the long Avs list. they expected a 2C out of him. he cant cut even as a 3C. he is an average 3rd line winger. maybe he can still improve. yeah maybe. also maybe I marry Roseanne Park someday.:p:

Newjost should only be kept for next season if he signs a VERY team friendly bridge. and is slotted in the bottom six. btw if Canes dont keep Poolparty Id bring him instead to play in NewJost spot. or Id even bring Dro... no, that is a bit too far, I admit. :P
Wich forward was better than Newhook on the 2019 draft? MAY BE Pinto ,Tomasino. None sure shot. It's easier to accused 5 years after.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I've been working on making my own analytics site with some differing features than other sites have, and I'm talking to a designer I've been working with for the last several years and he's on board. So I'm trying to show him the best analytics sites now so he can make something better...

I've shown him the following sites:

I've been trying to find those little player cards that get posted on Twitter, but for the life of me I can't figure out where they are from. Is it The Athletic? Are there other sites that I've missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad