Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

A much better option would be trading for Samuel Girard of the Colorado Avalanche. The Avs are up against it with the cap. In addition, Colorado needs forwards due to Gabriel Landeskog being out next season due to injury, as well as having six unrestricted free agents upfront. Because of this, there is a good chance one of the blue liners is moved this summer and that could be Girard.

Girard just turned 25 and is signed for the next four years with a cap hit of $5 million per season. This past year Girard had 6 Goals and 37 Points in 76 Games.

How would the Isles pull off a trade with Colorado for Girard is the question. After trading Aatu Raty in the Bo Horvat deal currently the Isles do not have what many would regard as a premium prospect in their pipeline. Also in terms of this year's upcoming Draft, the Isles only have one premium pick (2nd-round selection).

The Avs are going to want a young talented cap friendly forward along with a premium draft pick preferably a first-rounder. The forward that comes to mind is Oliver Wahlstrom. However, Walmstrom is currently penciled in the Isles's top-six and if the blue and orange are going to take that necessary forward leap offensively, odds are Wahlstrom would have a lot to do with that.

To land a player like Girard the Isles are limited in the tradable assets it would take to make a deal like that happen. Not sure what else the trade market would offer in terms of puck-moving defensemen but surely it's a short list at best as they are very hard to come by.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I've been working on making my own analytics site with some differing features than other sites have, and I'm talking to a designer I've been working with for the last several years and he's on board. So I'm trying to show him the best analytics sites now so he can make something better...

I've shown him the following sites:

I've been trying to find those little player cards that get posted on Twitter, but for the life of me I can't figure out where they are from. Is it The Athletic? Are there other sites that I've missed?
JFresh

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Yeah I think the Islanders make sense for a trading partner with us as well... If they're on board with undersized Dmen.

Wahlstrom would be interesting but tbh I'd rather go after Brock Nelson. 2C solution at a reasonable cap hit and while he's north of 30, he's only signed for 2 more years so no long term commitment salary wise.

If Wahlstrom is the centerpiece I'd have to think we're getting another asset or two in the deal. Maybe Wahlstrom + NYI 2nd + some sort of B/C level prospect the Avs like.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021

The Athletic has player cards as well, but JFresh are more widespread in my estimation.

Also, The Athletic just pivoted away from their WAR-like model before the playoffs in favor of offensive total and defensive total, which I personally found disorienting and not as useful as their previous Game Score.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
A Girard for Nelson deal is one of those unremarkable but probably fair deals. I'd want something in addition for the significant age gap though. Maybe Bolduc?
Yeah that would be my preference as well.

I think Nelson would do well as the #2C for the next 2 years. Solving the remaining holes in the lineup would become a lot easier but I think the Avs need clarity on Byram and Toews before they trade away Sammy G.

Reactions: Reparlana

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
If the cap actually does go up and if Mathews is projected at 14-15m (lol)

The MacKinnon, Makar and throw in Nuke if he plays out his contract (lol) deals are looking like aptly timed sweetheart deals. Teams that remain contenders get "deals" for there superstars.

Just sign bo 4x4, hope the cap goes up and pay him what he's worth when that time comes.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Nelson is a good top 6 center then why did they pay all those assets and AAV to Horvat?

That's what they had at center before Horvat:

Barzal (decent 1C)
Nelson (??)
Pageau (excellent 3C)

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've been working on making my own analytics site with some differing features than other sites have, and I'm talking to a designer I've been working with for the last several years and he's on board. So I'm trying to show him the best analytics sites now so he can make something better...

I've shown him the following sites:

I've been trying to find those little player cards that get posted on Twitter, but for the life of me I can't figure out where they are from. Is it The Athletic? Are there other sites that I've missed?
If you are looking for the Athletic's player cards, they are lumped together by teams. The link to the article with links to each team is below:

It can be a little tough to see, but if you look closely at the bottom of each card it will show when it was last updated. It looks like April 3rd for everything I just quickly skimmed through.

I wish you the best of luck with this project. Will this be something you plan on sharing publicly or via subscription model? I'll be interested in taking a gander at your finished product regardless.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would you guys do Toews for Nylander?
Not straight up.

Top pairing Dman is more valuable then a top line winger. Both guys are UFAs in 1 year but Toews cap hit is almost $3M less then Nylanders for next year.

I'd want an add on Nylander, but if they added something decent I'd certainly consider. Not a huge add but a prospect like Hirvonen or Niemela would be close I think.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
If you are looking for the Athletic's player cards, they are lumped together by teams. The link to the article with links to each team is below:

It can be a little tough to see, but if you look closely at the bottom of each card it will show when it was last updated. It looks like April 3rd for everything I just quickly skimmed through.

I wish you the best of luck with this project. Will this be something you plan on sharing publicly or via subscription model? I'll be interested in taking a gander at your finished product regardless.
Still trying to figure out what the best way to monetize it, but I would like to be able to have people view at least a decent amount of data for free.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
If Nelson is a good top 6 center then why did they pay all those assets and AAV to Horvat?

That's what they had at center before Horvat:

Barzal (decent 1C)
Nelson (??)
Pageau (excellent 3C)
They moved Barzal to wing.

Would you guys do Toews for Nylander?
Me personally no. Value might be fair but I just never have been a Nylander fan. I also think we should keep Toews if possible.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Not straight up.

Top pairing Dman is more valuable then a top line winger. Both guys are UFAs in 1 year but Toews cap hit is almost $3M less then Nylanders for next year.

I'd want an add on Nylander, but if they added something decent I'd certainly consider. Not a huge add but a prospect like Hirvonen or Niemela would be close I think.
Kerfoot:sarcasm:

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
If Philly is cleaning house and making changes is Cooter just toast? I haven’t really followed his injury history but it seems like he just fell off a cliff or was playing hurt. Also are they really looking to move Provorov and Sanhiem? Does every top player bust in Philly?

Reactions: Reparlana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad