Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'd definitely inquire about Laughton. Not sure they'd want Girard, and if they did I'd want an add on to Laughton.

Wonder if we could swing something like Girard + Newhook for Laughton + Forester, that would be a dream.

Move our 1st and something for Kuznetsov, sign Engvall, sign Drouin/JVR

Drouin/JVR - MacKinnon - Nuke
Lehkonen - Kuznetsov - Rantanen
Engvall - Laughton - Forester
Nieto - Meyers - LOC
Cogs

Unlikely, but one can hope of such things

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'd definitely inquire about Laughton. Not sure they'd want Girard, and if they did I'd want an add on to Laughton.

Wonder if we could swing something like Girard + Newhook for Laughton + Forester, that would be a dream.

A dream would be having a lightsaber duel with George Lucas or Crosby forcing his way to Colorado and Colorado only.

What you described isn't a particularly exciting dream.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
J.T. Compher is not even close to Schmaltz. He plays his best hockey at centre

JTC is very much a C? He’s not a 2C but he can very capably play C.
In the NHL he's a winger who can play center. He's better on the wing by a fair margin. He's a statistical nightmare at center and he's always been.

He's a good 3rd line wing though.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nah. Laughton has played in a 4th line role in Philly based on most of what I've seen, even this year. I don't think he's a scoring line guy, or even a third liner at this point in his career.

And I'd sooner believe my right kneecap is sentient than the Flyers, no matter who was in charge of them, were interested in Sam Girard.
Size Queens.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nah. Laughton has played in a 4th line role in Philly based on most of what I've seen, even this year. I don't think he's a scoring line guy, or even a third liner at this point in his career.

And I'd sooner believe my right kneecap is sentient than the Flyers, no matter who was in charge of them, were interested in Sam Girard.

If he's producing 45 points playing on a 4th line, thats even more reason to be targeting him.

He would fit this team like a glove.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Reparlana

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
- Girard for Laughton
- Behrens for Barabonov
- Newhook + 1st for PLD after he signs his QO with Winnipeg
- Sign UFAs Parise(775k), Bayreuther(2x$1M), JMFJ(775k), and Drouin(900k)
- Re-Sign RFAs Byram(3x$4.5M) and Meyers(800k)

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
???? - PLD - Nuke
Drouin - Laughton - Barabonov
Parise - Meyers - LOC

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Bayreuther - Malinski
Johnson - MacDermid

George
Frank

Would leave the Avs with roughly ~$4.5M in space to sign a UFA winger for the 2nd line.

I like it

Not sure about the Laughton trade though, and that PLD trade just screams too good to be true.

You could always go for futures in a Girard trade, assuming you could actually get PLD for anything close to that. I get why you think it might be possible too.

Yes to Drouin on these conditions:
1yr, league min, not penciled in the top 12.

Yep 100% this. Maybe 29 can get him motivated.

We need cheap scoring potential. Give him the Nuke treatment. Make him earn a spot and see if he can find some of his game. If not, oh well he's gone.

Don't really get the Drouin talk. His stats are awful and he's getting paid 5.5M and is unlikely to take like a 1M deal which it would need to be for us.

Yeah, he is flawed scoring forward. Not a league minimum guy quite yet. Which is also why they may never give him the shot on this team unless he takes a very cheap contract.

It does seem like this team is a good spot for anyone needing reset their career, those players will have to be coming here for those reasons though. They wont chase them beyond gaging interest.

We could use a diamond in the rough though, so I hope they look everywhere.

Do you really think that Avs management is going to make three trades and sign four free agents in one offseason?

Maybe not, but anyone saying they don't have options now is out to lunch. Also they should if that's what it takes to get us back to the SCF. They have the recipe for success with this group.

They should know by now half measures and hope will not get it done.

Lmao, but the Dino said "advanced!", so maybe?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I want every young, cost controlled, underpaid player the league has to offer.

I have Alex Newhook and the 27th overall pick to offer

Youre right. It's not that much, especially if you're homeless in New York. A pack of cigarettes and a gallon of Boones Farm is worth a lot more. 😬😅

• Haha

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

The hell does that have to do with anything lol?

If he lit it up as a 3C he'd be a cost controlled asset were trying to bridge. As a winger he isn't in the cards.

Will he eventually become a second line scoring winger. Maybe, definitely still has potential.

He's no longer on an ELC, can't defend that well or win a faceoff, and doesn't score enough.

Watch them plug him into a top six wing slot for 2.5M x2. I will lose it lol.

No more fkn passengers, unless they can be kicked off the bus easily.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In yesterday's podcast the DNVR guys went hard after those who compare Newhook to Jost.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In yesterday's podcast the DNVR guys went hard after those who compare Newhook to Jost.

They're back in defend the nice prospect mode eh? They are not the same.

It's not that no one wants to be patient with him, time is a b word, and it's time to pay him for what he is. That doesn't fit, simple.

In that way, yeah, they're similar.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In the NHL he's a winger who can play center. He's better on the wing by a fair margin. He's a statistical nightmare at center and he's always been.

He's a good 3rd line wing though.
He literally just had a low end 2C level season at C and was the 3C on one of the best teams to ever win a cup. But ok.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
The hell does that have to do with anything lol?

If he lit it up as a 3C he'd be a cost controlled asset were trying to bridge. As a winger he isn't in the cards.

Will he eventually become a second line scoring winger. Maybe, definitely still has potential.

He's no longer on an ELC, can't defend that well or win a faceoff, and doesn't score enough.

Watch them plug him into a top six wing slot for 2.5M x2. I will lose it lol.

No more fkn passengers, unless they can be kicked off the bus easily.
The fact he’s somewhere between Milano and Armia tells me he’s not a complete bust but still not very good. I’m still bummed on Barzal. Watching him with Thunderbirds I thought he was going to be a star in this league. He’s still good but just not a star or a center apparently.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The fact he’s somewhere between Milano and Armia tells me he’s not a complete bust but still not very good. I’m still bummed on Barzal. Watching him with Thunderbirds I thought he was going to be a star in this league. He’s still good but just not a star or a center apparently.
He'd be a star on the Avs

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He literally just had a low end 2C level season at C and was the 3C on one of the best teams to ever win a cup. But ok.

I think because of what he does once he feels safe you have to value him at his floor.

3rd line RW is spot on because that's literally what you might get more often than not.

In the land of guaranteed contracts, yeah that's how I'd value him.

I do wonder what Barzal would look like in a 2nd line center role on a team that doesn't have a system designed to play to the strengths of players in their 30s.

Just kinda curious on that one.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
He was a total passenger on the cup team, including being healthy scratched in the playoffs. Him being carried by a great team doesn't mean much for his status, as he really wasn't a contributor.

I think even the low end 2c level is pretty debatable. If he's going to stay it needs to be as a winger and for cheap.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He was a total passenger on the cup team, including being healthy scratched in the playoffs. Him being carried by a great team doesn't mean much for his status, as he really wasn't a contributor.

I think even the low end 2c level is pretty debatable. If he's going to stay it needs to be as a winger and for cheap.
Compher was never scratched in the playoffs? And he had some big moments, particularly against Edmonton.

Also he very clearly had a 2C level season. 52pts and high end defensive impact. It's not sustainable long term but it in fact happened, that's not really up for debate.

I'm also not advocating for re signing him. He's not remotely going to be worth his contract. I'm just saying the dude can play C.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Compher was never scratched in the playoffs? And he had some big moments, particularly against Edmonton.

Also he very clearly had a 2C level season. 52pts and high end defensive impact. It's not sustainable long term but it in fact happened, that's not really up for debate.

I'm also not advocating for re signing him. He's not remotely going to be worth his contract. I'm just saying the dude can play C.
not gonna lie, I thought you were talking about Newhook, that's my bad. All the other recent posts were regarding him. Your assessment of Compher is fair IMO but I'm still hoping he's not back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad