Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bo+2023 1st only returning a 2C would be a dumb use of assets. At that cost it better be a guy that should be a 1C but doesn’t surpass MacKinnon

Something along the lines of a 2C with the upside to be a high end 2C/low end 1C maybe, but we're not getting a legit 1C level player for Byram. You're overrating his value if you think he's worth that. At least not a young 1C or a 1C with term or anything like that.

Right now he's a 2nd pairing guy with upside to be top pairing, but there's a lot of uncertainty around him both in terms of reaching that upside, his health, and his contract negotiations and what he thinks he's worth.

Like someone suggested already, McTavish in Anaheim would be the type of ballpark value that would be fair. Maybe Shane Wright.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wonder if the Rangers would consider trading Chytil. They just signed him to a 4 year extension so it feels unlikely but with the 1st round exit for them this year they're probably not particularly happy with how it ended and might be looking to make a shakeup deal.

Could even try to grab Chytil and Laf in a package deal.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You don't need to trade Bo Byram to fix the 2C position.

Avs have a pretty tight cap situation. Toews will be a 30 year old UFA in a year. Girard is fairly one dimensional and making $5M. Manson turns 32 at the start of next year and missed most of the year with a high ankle sprain. Makar has just as many concussions as Byram. EJ and JJ are 35+.

And we're again talking about trading a still 21 year old Bo Byram that should be able to be signed to a bridge deal? The only guy that makes less sense to trade is Cale.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Where’s the part where you give up a lot?

:laugh: yeah, none of those pieces are getting both Chytil and Laf. That would involve Byram or Toews for sure.

Chytil would solve the 2C issues for the rest of this cores contending window at a price that fits our cap structure very well, and if Laf breaks out the way I think he could, you'd entirely replace Landy's offense and probably some more.

Reactions: Chiarelli

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Something along the lines of a 2C with the upside to be a high end 2C/low end 1C maybe, but we're not getting a legit 1C level player for Byram. You're overrating his value if you think he's worth that. At least not a young 1C or a 1C with term or anything like that.

Right now he's a 2nd pairing guy with upside to be top pairing, but there's a lot of uncertainty around him both in terms of reaching that upside, his health, and his contract negotiations and what he thinks he's worth.

Like someone suggested already, McTavish in Anaheim would be the type of ballpark value that would be fair. Maybe Shane Wright.
Yeah but what has McTavish accomplished in Anaheim thus far?

Reactions: Azrael89

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
You don't need to trade Bo Byram to fix the 2C position.

Avs have a pretty tight cap situation. Toews will be a 30 year old UFA in a year. Girard is fairly one dimensional and making $5M. Manson turns 32 at the start of next year and missed most of the year with a high ankle sprain. Makar has just as many concussions as Byram. EJ and JJ are 35+.

And we're again talking about trading a still 21 year old Bo Byram that should be able to be signed to a bridge deal? The only guy that makes less sense to trade is Cale.
Well, since you put it that way.

Actually that is a clear and concise overview of our defense.

Even the *great* Sam Malinski is in his mid-20's.

Reactions: Foppa2118
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I’m exaggerating a bit to make a point. The search for a 2C has gotten to such hilarious levels that I’m fully expecting a trade proposal of MacKinnon for an older 2C.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Toews knows some team will pay him $7-8M/year, so I don't see any reason for him to settle for much less with Avs. That's why I think he will be traded, unless Avs are delusional enough to treat him as an internal rental.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't see Bo being traded. He's an all-round player and has the right personality, along with hair flow

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Toews knows some team will pay him $7-8M/year, so I don't see any reason for him to settle for much less with Avs. That's why I think he will be traded, unless Avs are delusional enough to treat him as an internal rental.
I agree, which is why I think the draft is crucial. I would imagine if you're trading Toews, you do it at the draft when you have the most bidders possible. Plus, you'll want to have a little more cost certainty on the cap situation before free agency opens.

I don't see Bo being traded. He's an all-round player and has the right personality, along with hair flow
I don't want to see Bo traded. But I think for the right 2C, I'd pretty much tell the opposing GM to have his pick of our LDs and then we'll discuss the rest of the package afterwards.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just stay away from Scheifele.

Guy was so bad at centre the 2nd half of the season that he was forced to the wing by the end.

F*** no to that guy.
There may not be many options. I mean teams won’t just trade away top 6 centers left and right. Maybe PLD is an option but he’s linked to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad