Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

0BGYN Kenobi

Dec 11, 2022
Agent basically did everything to ask for a trade without using those words.
I don't think that the most recent comments came from his agent, they came from a Russian agent who doesn't represent him.

But I seem to remember that it had already come out that Kuznetsov had asked for a trade twice in the past

Reactions: dahrougem2

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
How many years of control do we have with Byram? Is it 5? He's only 21 so age is not an issue and I don't think he accrued enough playing time to be unrestricted after 4 more years. Let me know, thanks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How many years of control do we have with Byram? Is it 5? He's only 21 so age is not an issue and I don't think he accrued enough playing time to be unrestricted after 4 more years. Let me know, thanks.
It is roster games, not played games. 4 years left until UFA for Byram.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
It is roster games, not played games. 4 years left until UFA for Byram.
Thanks, pretty good deal for Byram to have accrued 3 years with only 91 games played in the regular seasons. I tought it was similar to Barrie, but Barrie was in the minors of I remember correctly.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Because I think Bo Byram is going to be a legit #2 top pairing defensemen his entire career. I don't see a guy like McTavish taking a step past ~55 points as a 2nd line centre.

I think I see Bo similarly, I just see McTavish being better than what you believe.

There might be more risk in Byram taking the next step than McTavish too.

I don’t really want to trade Bo tbh, but when looking at solving the second line centre spot long term that might be what it takes.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Let's say that we decide to sign another top-6 winger, on top of acquiring that #2C. Wouldn't Tarasenko be a nice fit? I just wonder what he wants for a contract. Probably something that doesn't make sense for us I guess.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If you can get Toews for 6.5-7 and Byram wants over 5 I know which one I’m trading…
You trade Toews 10 times out of 10.

If we want to keep him as our own rental next year it's fine I guess but under no circumstance we should re-up him.

Reactions: Alienblood

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Bo+2023 1st only returning a 2C would be a dumb use of assets. At that cost it better be a guy that should be a 1C but doesn’t surpass MacKinnon

It really depends on the player.

Like Scheifele has been talked about a lot, and I wouldn’t give up Byram for him because he’s 30.

If they can get someone 27, or under, who can put up 60+ points and lock down that spot for a while it’s definitely worth considering.

Putting together an actual second line should be McFarlands primary focus this off-season. Nothing he does beyond that means anything if he doesn’t fix the second line.

Reactions: Reparlana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad