Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Knock off 25+%... established, experienced scouts with a record can demand more, but entry level guys... .they don't get paid all that well. Especially considering they travel ~150+ days a year.
But at least they get to submit reimbursement for all those sweet sweet arena hot dogs they get to eat

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Define blue collar... electricians are 80-100k easy once they are out of apprenticeship. If you work stocking crew at King Sooper, you can be $21-23 an hour... 44-48k. The Walmart Distribution center ~20 miles away from me is starting people at $24 per hour and if you work night you get an extra $1.50... refrigerated gets another $2. Reasonably, you can start there and push high 50s. I'd say I'm not in a real high paying area of the country either. Certainly not the Midwest sort of lows... but compared to Denver and SLC, 10-15% less at minimum.
Depends where you live I guess. Here it's probably around $30/hr for 37.5 hrs/week so roughly ~60k.

But then again it's probably higher in some Canadian cities where to cost of living is super high like Vancouver and Toronto.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Depends where you live I guess. Here it's probably around $30/hr for 37.5 hrs/week so roughly ~60k.

But then again it's probably higher in some Canadian cities where to cost of living is super high like Vancouver and Toronto.
So yeah... around that range for a pretty specialized position. The best guys like Al Murray get paid bank, but it took him a long time to get there.

As I've said... Byram won't be easy to negotiate with.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

I'm completely guessing here, but to me that sounds like they tried to Sam Girard him and he passed.

Bummer but not even close to surprising.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If I'm Byram I don't want to sign long term. He hasn't played a full season yet so he doesn't have the numbers to bring to the negotiation table for a long term deal.

I don't think he's afraid of his health at this point either. He just went a full year++ without concussion issues.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Trade his ass if he becomes a problem to negotiate with. He’s really not shown anything special to this point in his career. Someone will still value him highly.

• Haha
Reactions: Balthazar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If I'm Byram I don't want to sign long term. He hasn't played a full season yet so he doesn't have the numbers to bring to the negotiation table for a long term deal.

I don't think he's afraid of his health at this point either. He just went a full year++ without concussion issues.
Byram probably would re-sign long term if they paid him $9m per, and that's probably been stated. Avs would be nuts to do that right now.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Byram probably would re-sign long term if they paid him $9m per, and that's probably been stated. Avs would be nuts to do that right now.

It only makes sense to sign Byram log term right now if the AAV is low. His injuries are still a scare and he need to be more consistent offensively if he wants to make the big bucks.

We'll probably see a bridge at a number that pisses off most people.

Reactions: AvsCOL

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It only makes sense to sign Byram log term right now if the AAV is low. His injuries are still a scare and he need to be more consistent offensively if he wants to make the big bucks.

We'll probably see a bridge at a number that pisses off most people.
I mean if it's below 6M it's fine

As long as it's not a shit term that'd walk him to UFA like they did with Barrie it's fine.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I said below ;)

I'd be OK with something like 4 X 5M.
That deal would be fine, but Byram will see that as long term. IMO 2x5 is too much for what he’s shown. Potential, yeah sure… but Avs don’t have the cap to really pay for potential.

Reactions: Bender

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I mean this is entirely speculation on Friedman’s part not actual inside info. His reason is because the Avs like to get things done? Remember how it went with Mikko or Landeskog? Makar and Mackinnon are different circumstances.

With all that being said Byram and his agent aren’t stupid. He will be expensive but unless he is represented by Newport I expect they will get it done and probably a bridge as people have suggested.

Reactions: Chiarelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad