Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We can't trade Toews
1683693514223.png

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know it’ll never happen, but man I would love the front office to pull off a PLD+Stanley for Girard+Newhook+first and sign PLD to a $7.5-8m deal long term.
I get why people are enamored with his talent but I’ve got no time for a player who basically stopped working halfway through the season (including the playoffs) and forced a trade by coasting through an entire shift.

Also, Stanley? Why? The only notable thing that boat anchor on skates has done is sit on Kirill Kaprizov.

Reactions: AvStock

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Remember when Sakic shot MacKinnon's BFF into the Toronto sun to get the 2C we won the cup with?

Yes, we can absolutely trade Toews.
IMO Byram isn't ready to be Makar's long term partner (mix of health and consistency). Moving Toews would be a mistake to me. We live and die by Makar's pairing, keeping him firing on all cylinders is essential. Toews has great chemistry with him.

Guess it depends on his cost to keep, but he seems like he'll age really well with his game style (ala Rafalaski).

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It allows the Avs to move that salary around… but dollar for dollar it is tough to replace the impact.
This is the key.

Some tough decisions still need to be made, but they have a bit of breathing room now to try and solve that 2C issue.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
IMO Byram isn't ready to be Makar's long term partner (mix of health and consistency). Moving Toews would be a mistake to me. We live and die by Makar's pairing, keeping him firing on all cylinders is essential. Toews has great chemistry with him.

Guess it depends on his cost to keep, but he seems like he'll age really well with his game style (ala Rafalaski).

Giving Toews a huge contact would be a bigger mistake IMO. The dude was terrible this year and it's only going to get worse as he gets into his 30s.

Yes, it's an immediate drop off while Byram continues to develop but it's not a huge one IMO. Gotta trust the kids sooner or later, and Toews' contact dictates sooner.

1683725048390.png

Reactions: milehigh11

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Giving Toews a huge contact would be a bigger mistake IMO. The dude was terrible this year and it's only going to get worse as he gets into his 30s.

Yes, it's an immediate drop off while Byram continues to develop but it's not a huge one IMO. Gotta trust the kids sooner or later, and Toews' contact dictates sooner.

View attachment 706045
Terrible last year is a stretch. He had 50 points in the regular season and 9 points in 7 games in the playoffs, what are you expecting from him?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

View attachment 706045
Toews was terrible? He was and is easily the 2nd best Dman on the roster.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
80-110k usd doesn’t seem that bad for 1-3 years experience? Am I missing something?
It's all relative. Data Engineer/Scientist is kind of a specialized field. Most positions in this space require a Masters degree and most roles are at least tech adjacent where you can be making 2X+ what this is offering.

I was interviewing with an MLB team recently and they kind of made a whole point about how they underpay because people want to work in pro sports.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Knock off 25+%... established, experienced scouts with a record can demand more, but entry level guys... .they don't get paid all that well. Especially considering they travel ~150+ days a year.
So like 50k-70k. Basically blue collar average income

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So like 50k-70k. Basically blue collar average income
Define blue collar... electricians are 80-100k easy once they are out of apprenticeship. If you work stocking crew at King Sooper, you can be $21-23 an hour... 44-48k. The Walmart Distribution center ~20 miles away from me is starting people at $24 per hour and if you work night you get an extra $1.50... refrigerated gets another $2. Reasonably, you can start there and push high 50s. I'd say I'm not in a real high paying area of the country either. Certainly not the Midwest sort of lows... but compared to Denver and SLC, 10-15% less at minimum.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad