Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
How is it not a big story when a core player mysteriously vanishes from the team at the most important time? Especially considering the details that have already been released.

Yes, the Avs could have won without Nichushkin, but they almost certainly do win if they had him, considering they found their mojo a little more as the series went on. Nichushkin would’ve only added to that success.
Like I said, it's big to some Av favs and media. It's not a "huge" national story.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Imagine going all in for the playoffs after a historic run, getting dumped out in the first round, and then having $4.5M less to spend next year to address your deficiencies. CMac played 4D chess.

True. Boston, who knew that their #1-2C’s were likely retiring next year, should have pulled a CMac, done exactly nothing, and waste a prime (likely last) year of contention. Hoard those assets for a lesser team next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
In my limited viewings of Annunen, I would tend to agree. He's never looked good to me other than his WJC performance for Finland. Anything at the pro level, he seems extremely slow and vulnerable. I don't see much there.
Sometimes slow and vulnerable wins the race ...

• Haha
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
If just signing RFA:s is done: (democratic version)

Newhook - MacKinnon - Malgin
Lehkonen - Rantanen - Olausson
Landeskog - Meyers - O'Connor
Maltsev - Foudy - Nichushkin

MacDermid - Makar
Toews - Hunt
Byram - Merkley
Girard - Manson

G-F-A

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I have a feeling that if the Avs do sign Drouin, he'll be spending a good amount of time learning defense from Cro in the AHL before getting a spot on the Avs.

Reactions: The Kingslayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad